AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Gokujou!! Mecha Mote Iinchou (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80159)

magumagu 2009-04-06 03:00

Gokujou!! Mecha Mote Iinchou

Didn't see a thread for this new show, so I figured I'd create one. This show generally doesn't seem to be generating much interest on the Web (at least in English); that's not unusual for this sort of show, though.

Title translates to roughly "Best!! Super-Popular Class Representative". The show centers around one girl: Mimi Kitagami, the "Mecha Mote Iinchou". Her mission is apparently to make right everything in the school; she helps everyone, takes on every challenge, and is completely oblivious to anyone else's viewpoint. She also seems to have a hard time with stairs.

I don't want to spoil the plot at this point, but it suffices to say that the first episode introduces the main character, a love interest, and long-term enemies.

The reason that I made this thread was actually to ask about the animation; it seems somewhat unusual. There's an extremely unusual shot at the beginning with a moving camera, and in general the animation feels much smoother and more three-dimensional than most anime. Anyone have more information about it?

naka 2009-04-06 15:49

feels like cg animation than 'hand drawn' animation for this

the way the characters move in certain scenes are like stick figures moving

Fimbulvetr 2009-04-07 22:57

It's hard to miss actually, whenever there is movement, it's done with cheap 3D CG. No doubt it's a lot cheaper to produce that way but I wonder who would put up with that kind of ugliness (let alone pay for it). I know I won't.

musume_no_hoshi 2009-04-08 06:39

GOD the cheap CG looks even worst then Kirarin Revolution...ShoPro just wanted to make another cheap cg anime. I rather have cheap hand drawn animation then cheap CG. Whats worst in the first episode...parts was hand drawn parts was CG. At least in Kirarin Revolution the only 2D parts was minor characters...in here the main characters changes from 2D ->3D ->2D

The opening sounds like rejected Morning Musume. The ending sounds like rejected main stream hip hop. They weren't bad...they just sound typical and boring.

The seiyuu are nothing to write home about, they also sound like 3rd rated seiyuus. KyoAni can find unknown but good seiyuus, here, it's unknown and bad seiyuus.

ShoPro if you want to make a good shoujo anime, please look at Shugo Chara (sure its not the best mahou shoujo ever...but its the best shoujo anime that is currently airing. In my opinion the best shoujo for kids is still Cardcaptor Sakura ;P). Syngery is actually pretty good when they put the effort in, Hayate no Gotoku, Zettai Karen Children, I heard pretty good things about Cross Game too. The animation are quite consistant and decent to watch.

Dont even ask me about the story...I haven't watched the episode. The bad CG+2D animation puts me off, maybe I'll take a look at the manga when I have the chance.

Fabien 2009-04-14 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi (Post 2328145)
GOD the cheap CG looks even worst then Kirarin Revolution...

I was wondering what was wrong with that anime... Now I know.

Yeah, the end result is pretty bad.

Quote:

The seiyuu are nothing to write home about

In fact, they are. Japanese voice acting is nearly always pretty good, so when you hear something as bad as that, it's worth using the word "exceptional".

Quote:

please look at Shugo Chara (sure its not the best mahou shoujo ever...but its the best shoujo anime that is currently airing. In my opinion the best shoujo for kids is still Cardcaptor Sakura

IMHO, Card Captor Sakura is the best anime ever. At least, it's the only anime I can still re-watch often without feeling bored, even after eight years or so.

Shugo Chara is still a very good anime, with a definite "shoujo feel" (that CCS doesn't have, at least not nearly as much). It is pretty much the only extremely shoujo-ish anime that I'd recommend to anyone, whatever their preferences.

(Sorry about this off-topic post -- that's what happen when a crappy show shows up, you end up talking about good shows instead ;-) )

musume_no_hoshi 2009-04-15 07:28

I seen a little more of the episode, the best thing about this anime is the OST, it actually sounds pretty decent. In the credits in the opening, I saw something like 'flying dogs', I also seen their name on Shagri-la, are they a music group?

ShoPro is definately trying to market another shoujo anime, Mirumo de Pon was a decent watch, but then it had the director of Honey and Clover/Nodame Cantabile. Kirarin Revolution was good during the non-fillers episodes, even if Kusumi Koharu's voice is annoying as hell, the openings are always pretty catchy (I have a love-hate relationship with Koi*Kana). I quite liked the episodes before the crap-cg started, and they also replaced Hiroto and Seiji's seiyuu with people who can't voice act. ShoPro please get Syngery's A team to animate a shoujo next April (I would think that Cross game would be 48-52 episodes). Their crap CG team isn't doing you any business.

Wow someone actually subbed this, I really appreciate their effort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabien
IMHO, Card Captor Sakura is the best anime ever. At least, it's the only anime I can still re-watch often without feeling bored, even after eight years or so.

Shugo Chara is still a very good anime, with a definite "shoujo feel" (that CCS doesn't have, at least not nearly as much). It is pretty much the only extremely shoujo-ish anime that I'd recommend to anyone, whatever their preferences.

Yes agreed, Cardcaptor Sakura is definately my favourite anime. After watching the Blu-Ray rip, the over glorious high-def Sakura-chan, Tomoyo-chan and Syaoran-kun is plain awesomeness. Rewatching every episodes in high def is great, can't wait for Sakura-card box set to be released.

Shugo Chara is going to be passed down as a good shoujo for everyone to watch. Joining CCS, Kodocha and maybe Fullmoon Wo Sagashite and Sailor moon. And yes, my 3 year old brother absolutely ADORES Shugo Chara.

Fabien 2009-04-15 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi (Post 2342172)
Joining [...] Sailor moon.

Please tell me this is a troll!

Come on, Sailor Moon?

In fact, I've always wondered whether SM is a parody or not. A parody that was taken seriously maybe?
(I am talking about the anime here -- I've heard the manga is pretty different.)

musume_no_hoshi 2009-04-15 17:48

Well it is a 'classic', to my knowledge it is the first mahou shoujo with a team or something. I was thinking along the lines of shoujo anime that EVERYONE knows. Out of the all famous mahou shoujo made after 1990, Sailor Moon and Wedding Peach was the only ones I couldn't finish, something Nurse SOS I couldn't find any more episodes.

When I was young, I remember renting Sailor Moon LDs and having countless of those plastic toys (which I believed that was real...:uhoh:).

I skipped more of the episode again, and I'm quite worried with this show. The lyrics in the opening goes like 'I want people to confess their love to me' and 'To be popular lets put on magical make up'. Maybe I'm old fasion, but that sounds like something you shouldn't teach little girls. The whole anime is trying to tell little girls to try and be popular? Maybe I haven't read shoujo manga in a while, but most of them that I read 'be yourself, don't worry about what people think of you'. And most of them would say not having make up is the most 'beautiful'. The moral of this anime seems quite off...I thought Kirarin Revolution was bad enough, the anime kept going 'I'm sure being an idol is FUN, and I'm sure Noel-chan would be popular.'

Fabien 2009-04-16 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi (Post 2343413)
I was thinking along the lines of shoujo anime that EVERYONE knows.

I see. It is indeed in the category of those animes that everyone has heard about.
It's like War and Peace: it's far too long, you've hard about it, and you probably will never read it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi (Post 2343413)
Out of the all famous mahou shoujo made after 1990,

Just two words: Akazukin Chacha!

Chiibi 2009-04-28 13:47

Sailormoon IS a classic and without it, we wouldn't have a lot of other shows so no SM bashing! :mad:

As for this one....I honest-to-goodness love shoujo but this is unwatchable. I stopped after three minutes in. Mainly because of the weirdo CG thing....the characters look so unnatural; their eyes don't even move when they're talking to somebody....it's like watching a bunch of bobble-headed dolls talk to each other. XD; And it makes me feel DIZZY!! :eyespin:

Shame.......with normal animation, it could've been good. But they really really screwed up with this....:(

Quote:

The lyrics in the opening goes like 'I want people to confess their love to me' and 'To be popular lets put on magical make up'. Maybe I'm old fasion, but that sounds like something you shouldn't teach little girls.
No way, I totally agree. Was also disturbed by those lyrics....:eyebrow:

Quote:

Out of the all famous mahou shoujo made after 1990, Sailor Moon and Wedding Peach was the only ones I couldn't finish, something Nurse SOS I couldn't find any more episodes.
Original Sailormoon is good...especially the Supers and Stars season. Very exciting. Wedding Peach is pretty lame and I got bored after episode 16 or so and quit. I do enjoy Nurse Angel Ririka S.O.S. though. Quite a lot. I also enjoyed the manga of Hime-chan no Ribbon but couldn't like the anime on account of seiyuu and music...:rolleyes:

Quote:

Just two words: Akazukin Chacha!
:D

Quote:

and they also replaced Hiroto and Seiji's seiyuu with people who can't voice act.
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! Please say it ain't so!!:( Dammit, I guess it's Kirarin manga ONLY for me from now on.....:uhoh:

naka 2009-04-28 17:08

I'll greatly apologize for the misuse of that particular word in the op translation if that stops everyone from continuing to watch this.

The v2 on ep1 mainly replaced the 'popular' with 'attractive' in the op translation.

While 'popular among guys' is not really 'attractive' either, the replacement seems to (at least for me) fit for this anime where it's going to be Mimi's operations on making girls look pretty and attractive and all...

As I do not read the manga of this (8 volumes and ongoing), by just watching to the latest episode it seems to be an operation episode every single episode (in which I don't like the operation 'drill' part AT ALL) I like the slight humors and the dramas that goes around the episodes.

The exaggerated robotic movements stopped bugging me after watching an episode 10+ times, and instead makes me think if it's actually better to stay this way for it also exaggerates some situations with Mimi in ep1 and ep2.

The bgm soundtrack is nice, the voice acting is fine, now the problem is how many episodes this is going to run for... If this runs with the script that covers all that manga stuff... ;>.>

musume_no_hoshi 2009-05-09 14:07

I just seen episode 6. They finally finished a proper opening sequence, it looked better then the first one, but seriously nothing special. They're marketing the seiyuu for Mimi here just like kirarin revolution, except the seiyuu for Kirarin was actually pretty and was an amazing lip sync-er. Here, the seiyuu can at least voice act.

And what the...IT'S STILL HALF 2D AND HALF 3D. What the heck are they thinking? If only they gave a decent budget to this, decent as in make it all 2D animation. I'm not asking for some amazing animation, but please make it like jewel pet? Jewel Pet has watchable animation, this doesn't.

Best thing about this...definately is the sound track. The soundtrack sounds amazing compared to the rest of the show. I never realise a good sound track makes such a difference, I watched an 'emotional' scene towards the end and I was actually into it. Even if the animation sucks.

'To be attractive, lets put some magical make up' still sounds like some bad lyrics to me. What happened to lyrics about corage and hope and first love?

So the manga is decent to read? Maybe I should hunt it down.