AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Underrated Gundam Characters (From any and all universes) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=28469)

Miguel Ayman 2006-01-30 19:24

Underrated Gundam Characters (From any and all universes)

Well I was just wondering what you all of your thoughts on who are some of the underrated Gundam Characters of ...U.C., A.U., and C.E.?

Komataguri 2006-01-30 20:05

Doan from Mobile Suit Gundam.

yuchan 2006-01-30 23:27

I think andy the desert tiger was underated, he wasn't really used much in destiny when he could've been. But the AA did have the god of gundams on their side.

Eidolon Sniper 2006-01-30 23:48

Heine...poor Heine. Then Shiho. What's the use of a cameo when she doesn't even SAY something? :upset:

Knightmare213 2006-01-31 00:30

How about Miguel from SEED? Heard that he was an ace but got owned single-handedly by Kira in his Sword Strike.

As well as Heine, as Eidolon mentioned. He was an ace as well but got killed too easily because he just lost his temper in a really short time.

Seriously, does the word "ace" mean anything in CE?

wingdarkness 2006-01-31 00:36

Oliver (Victory)...Had a squad full of hawt chicks that all loved him...But he had that jungle fever and choose the beautiful Marvet...Too bad he was the Baba of the UC :upset: ...

shaolo 2006-01-31 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightmare213
How about Miguel from SEED? Heard that he was an ace but got owned single-handedly by Kira in his Sword Strike.

As well as Heine, as Eidolon mentioned. He was an ace as well but got killed too easily because he just lost his temper in a really short time.

Seriously, does the word "ace" mean anything in CE?

In think it means ace cannon folder.

Knightmare213 2006-01-31 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaolo
In think it means ace cannon folder.

Ace Cannon Fodder?:twitch: Meh...stupidest idea I've ever heard/saw of before Strike Freedom made its first ownage entry.:frustrated:

RX-78GP04G Gerbera 2006-01-31 02:17

Let's see...quite a few pilots from each Gundam universe really...

Ramba Ral
The Black Tri-Stars
Norris Packard
Bernard Wiseman
Johnny Ridden
Shin Matsunaga
Yuu Kajima
Apolly
Roberto

Emma Sheen (so many "favorites" lists I see always seem to have JUST the male pilots on them without any mention of female pilots)

Haman Karn (same)
Elpio Pie/Pie Two (same)
Cima Garahau (same)
Paptimus Scirocco (a lot of people see him as just a bad guy destined to die)

I could just keep listing them, but these are a few who I think deserve more credit for their piloting skills in a general sense.

mangatron 2006-01-31 02:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightmare213

I think Miguel got his Orange Ginn destroyed before using a green one. Says here: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/see...017-miguel.htm. So being owned by Kira wasn't his first time, and wasn't it that Miguel got 2 Ginn's destroyed/taken out by Kira? :heh: poor Miguel....

Can I say Rusty was over rated? He lost a gunfight lol, how can he survive a MS fight :heh: :heh: :uhoh: :heh: Miguel should've had his red coat :heh:

And I think Heine was seriously under rated. I mean, guy had more experience than Athrun, even Athrun admitted to that. And yet, his first sortie on a state of the art ship was his last....maybe he should've stayed on a Nazca :heh:....

RX-78GP04G Gerbera 2006-01-31 02:31

In terms of the Minerva...we all know all the uncanny (more like ripped off XD) resemblences CE stuff has to UC stuff...I finally remember where the Minerva look came from...the Blanc Rival from Mobile Suit Gundam: Lost War Chronicles (I Think that's what it was in).

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/ride/pegasus.htm

mangatron 2006-01-31 05:20

The only resemblence I see are the wings...and we know to fly in the atmosphere it would usually require wings or a mass amount of thrust lifters :heh: :heh:

Sety 2006-01-31 06:00

So why has no-one mentioned the badass that is Neuman yet?

DO THE BARREL ROLL!

Optimaximal 2006-01-31 08:38

Neuman is WAY over rated...
All he does is fly the Archangel and apologise when a life saving barrel roll manuver results in the contents of the hot spring seeping into the captains quarters...
Has he honestly DONE anything else apart from evade things when prompted to evade them?

Android raptor 2006-01-31 17:06

Ghinius! It really pisses me off when someone calls him a "standard raving loon" because I think he's one of the most complicated characters in 08th! Also Yuri Kerane; really good character, Ghinius's pimp...er...superior. And Kishiria Zabi, she's really cool!

monster 2006-01-31 17:19

Mineva Zabi (or whoever she was) from ZZ. She could've been so much more, but instead people like Haman and Glemy had to ruin a perfect plan for the rebirth of Zeon (Granted it was their plan, but it still sucks). And in contrast, Judau is overrated, if Haman would just stop with her obsession with him, things could've turn out differently.

Mr_Paper 2006-01-31 21:26

Otto from Gundam Wing.

How was Norris underated? We see him do a great deal of butt kicking throughout the series and are given a very good sense of his skills, vision and ambitions.

RX-78GP04G Gerbera 2006-02-01 01:13

Yeah, but if you ask some random Gundam fan about him, chances are, they won't know who the heck he is (even if they watched 08th MS Team).

And others who do know about him (around here) don't think he's that good just because he lost against Shiro...idiots...u_u anyone with a brain knows that Norris could've whooped Shiro easily.

Demongod86 2006-02-01 01:24

Hmm...I'd say cagalli is underrated. People don't give her enough credit for running a country at 18 years old.

Mr_Paper 2006-02-01 01:43

I'd give her credit for it if and when she actually manages to run it into something other than the ground, especially since, prior to the end of GSD, she had no real power over the country. All she did was stand out there as a representitive and do what the Emirs told her to.