AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   School Days (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   School Days (Generic Discussion) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=44588)

NoSanninWa 2007-03-22 14:59

School Days (Generic Discussion)

There have been rumors forever, but it has finally been announced on 0verflow's home page. Their game, School Days is going to be made into an anime. This series has been eagerly anticipated largely because the original game is famous for having a couple very of violent scenes -- extremely unusual for a romance game. Those scenes are the ultimate in "Bad Endings."

While there has been an "OVA" of School Days subbed ages ago, it isn't really an OVA at all. Since all the cut scenes in the original game were animated, that "OVA" was merely a number of the cut scenes spliced together. You can find it on AnimeSuki here.

http://www.0verflow.com/html/himg/anime_schooldays.jpg

Genre: School Life, Romance, (Horror?)

Synopsis: The story is about a love triangle between the male protagonist Makoto, and the two heroines Kotonoha and Sekai. Makoto develops a love interest in Kotonoha, a girl in the same year but different class. Although they both take the same train to school, she is unaware of his existence. His classmate, Sekai, manages to put the two together despite holding strong feelings towards Makoto. (Taken from ANN)

Expected Release Date: July 2007.

Production Company: TBA

Epsiodes: TBA

Warning: It will be tempting to discuss the surprising endings for this game. Let's save such things for discussion in the thread for the game. Let's just say that some of the endings can be nasty and not say another word!

Due to the heavy nature of possible game spoilers we have decided to disallow any further posting of game spoilers in this thread, even under spoiler tags. Read the following rule for clarification:

Any spoiler/hints/discussion, even under the spoiler tags, from the game/manga that leads to the revealtion of any future events to the anime will be deleted from here on. Furthermore, the poster will also earn a ban to empasize the point that no spoiler will be tolerated in this thread.

martino 2007-03-22 15:02

lol

Love the title! Now...horror...really? It wouldn't hurt putting romance and drama in there I guess, unless they feel like making some creepy series out of it.

I wonder how the animation will differ from the game though. That's something that I'm really looking forward to seeing.

the.Merines 2007-03-22 15:04

I'll also jump on this bandwagon early...

<- very much anticipating this series.

holyman282 2007-03-22 15:05

I don't care how the story differs from the game, as long as i can see a violent end!

cyth 2007-03-22 15:05

@NoSanninWa: That "OVA" was actually just the free demo anyone could've pulled from 0verflow's site, an intro of a sort. ;)

It's funny; this is already the 3rd thread for this still non-existant anime on this forum. :heh:

Shiroth 2007-03-22 15:07

Very much looking forward to this one --- though at the moment no Production Company notice has me wondering just who it could be. Ah well, at the end of the day i'm just nice & happy this is actually going to happen.

& with its air date of July 2007, right next to second season of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. :3

Ialdaboth 2007-03-22 15:07

Quote:

This series has been eagerly anticipated largely because the original game is famous for having a couple very of violent scenes
These scenes made me freak. Consequently, I will avoid the anime like hell.

Skyfall 2007-03-22 15:08

*jumps on the wagon as well*

This i want to see :) This is going to be a bigger drama than KGNE, and it will present the worst scum of a male lead ever conjured up by a H-game :heh:

I wonder about the rating of the thing, because there is a lot of "screwing around" supposed to go on :heh:

Quote:

These scenes made me freak. Consequently, I will avoid the anime like hell.
Don't be afraid :heh: The chances of us getting a "bad end" in the anime are next to none, imo. The bad endings are only 3 out of 20+ possible endings.

NeoSam 2007-03-22 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 872121)
& with its air date of July 2007, right next to second season of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. :3

And the second season of Zero no Tsukaima :D July is going to be great :D

relentlessflame 2007-03-22 15:10

Just to update the main post, Moonphase lists the Animation Production Company as TNK (currently producing Kyoshirou to Towa no Sora).

Skyfall 2007-03-22 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 872129)
Just to update the main post, Moonphase lists the Animation Production Company as TNK (currently producing Kyoshirou to Towa no Sora).

Nice :) Because Kyoshiro clearly shows that they know how to pull of a motherload of angst, and this one is going to have it, no doubt :)

If Kyoshiro is an indicator, this is going to turn out very good :)

Xellos-_^ 2007-03-22 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toua (Post 872117)
@NoSanninWa: That "OVA" was actually just the free demo anyone could've pulled from 0verflow's site, an intro of a sort. ;)

It's funny; this is already the 3rd thread for this still non-existant anime on this forum. :heh:

Try the 2500+ post for the Nanoha Striker S thread that wouldn't be air till April.

School Day is infamous for its rare but violent ending. Reason it has gotten so much attentation is because of the violent ending. If the anime has anything other then a violent ending then it has fail.

Request: can someone shop a bloody knife or boxcutter in place of the cell phones in the poster form post 1.

Shiroth 2007-03-22 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 872129)

No complaints at all from me. I believe that TNK can do a great job out of this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyfall (Post 872127)
Don't be afraid :heh: The chances of us getting a "bad end" in the anime are next to none, imo. The bad endings are only 3 out of 20+ possible endings.

But with the game being mostly known for them --- you have to wonder if they're already thinking about placing them into the series.

TigerII 2007-03-22 15:17

O god, this should be interesting. Some of those ending scenes. So I take it this show is gonna end tragic...before it begins I am already calling ending. Ha.

Deathkillz 2007-03-22 15:22

whow...yes!!!!! :D
so...another time lapse to fit in all 3 "special" ends anyone? :heh:

martino 2007-03-22 15:34

Perhaps with some "uncensored onsen" OVAs... lol

Guido 2007-03-22 15:50

Kotonoha was and still is my most favorite amongst all of the characters in the game.

Spoiler:

Kensuke 2007-03-22 16:19

While I agree that most likely we will get a "normal" ending, but like Xellos-_^ said, this game is know for its very bad endings, so if that is what otakus want then maybe, just maybe... :heh:

In any case, this is on top of my "must watch" summer season list.

DanielSong39 2007-03-22 16:29

I'm expecting a Sekai ending; any chance Summer Days gets animated if this show does well?

TigerII 2007-03-22 16:30

Maybe, but no gore fun with that one :(