AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Sukitte Ii na yo (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112420)

Kirito 2012-05-22 05:14

Sukitte Ii na yo

Original Creator & Artist: Hazuki Kanae

Synopsis: Mei Tachibana has spent her 16 years without making either a boyfriend or friends. One day, she injures the most popular boy in school, Yamato Kurosawa, because of a misunderstanding but for some reason it seems that he takes a liking to her and one-sidedly claims that they’re friends. Furthermore, he not only protects Mei from a stalker, he does it with a kiss…?!!

The ANN just announced a green-lit adapation of Kanae Hazuki's shoujo romance manga that launched in 2008, and Kodansha published the eighth compiled book volume this past January. Dessert is also announcing that Robiko's Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (The Monster Seated Next to You) manga is getting an anime.

Here's the ANN Link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nga-gets-anime

Pocari_Sweat 2012-05-22 07:16

Question:

Is this a shoujo romcom or a shojo drama? Important for me, because I don't give a damn about the former, but I eat the latter like candy (as long as you're not like Kimi ni Slowdoke). Yes, it's a guilty pleasure of mine :heh:. I did come from a heavy shojo drama manga background afterall.

Kirito 2012-05-22 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemiSoda (Post 4171259)
Question:

Is this a shoujo romcom or a shojo drama? Important for me, because I don't give a damn about the former, but I eat the latter like candy (as long as you're not like Kimi ni Slowdoke). Yes, it's a guilty pleasure of mine :heh:.

It's a mature shoujo drama that pretty much tells us the ups and downs of first loves, and breaking out of ones shell.

Pocari_Sweat 2012-05-22 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deikan (Post 4171262)
It's a mature shoujo drama that pretty much tells us the ups and downs of first loves, and breaking out of ones shell.

TOTALLY SOLD. Bokura ga ita v2.0? :D

EDIT: Just read a few chapters of the manga and yep this is totally my cup of tea. Everyone has their guilty pleasures, and this is one of mine. Shojo drama angst ftw. Can't wait for the anime.

ahelo 2012-05-22 10:58

Oh god both this and Tonari no Kaibutsu Kun???? SHOUJO FANBOYS LET US REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kirito 2012-05-22 14:41

I can't wait because the manga is really amazing and the characters are unique and easy to identify. It's too bad though that the translators don't update a chapter often, but oh well, what can you do? "shrugs shoulders"

Yushi 2012-05-22 16:54

Wooow I didn't expect this at all. This is going into my "romantic anime with cool male lead" collection *_* It'll probably be a one cour, so I wonder where will it stop? I have up to vol 7 of the manga and I gotta say, this series makes me all mushy and fuzzy.

totoum 2012-05-22 16:57

So who the hell went ahead and greenlighted this?Not that I'm complaining,just wondering.Will it be a NTVxMadhouse collab?

ahelo 2012-05-23 01:13

Oooh ZEXCS is producing this. I wonder how that's gonna work considering ZEXCS's abysmal track record. I do hope they do this justice since it is rare to get a shoujo adaptation (and 2 at that!).

Guardian Enzo 2012-05-23 01:16

Satou Takuya rumored as director.

Katapan 2012-05-23 01:27

Staff:
Director & Series Composition - Satou Takuya
Series Director - Kuroyanagi Toshimasa
Character Design - Okuda Keiko
Animation Production - ZEXCS

The main characters remain voiced by Kayano Ai and Sakurai Takahiro, but the rest get new seiyuu.

The staff's a bit of an intriguing combination, to say the least.

Guardian Enzo 2012-05-23 01:45

Am I crazy, or is Kuroyanagi Toshimasa known almost entirely as an animator rather than writer? He's been affiliated with some good shows, that's for sure.

This is an unusual combination of talent, no doubt, but there's quite a lot of quality there.

totoum 2012-05-23 01:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 4172344)
Am I crazy, or is Kuroyanagi Toshimasa known almost entirely as an animator rather than writer? He's been affiliated with some good shows, that's for sure.

I was wondering the same thing.
Maybe it's a sign they're just going to stick really close to the manga *shrugs*

Utsuro no Hako 2012-05-23 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahelo (Post 4172321)
Oooh ZEXCS is producing this. I wonder how that's gonna work considering ZEXCS's abysmal track record. I do hope they do this justice since it is rare to get a shoujo adaptation (and 2 at that!).

ZEXCS ... shoujo ... does not compute. Where are they going to fit the gratuitous panty shots?

Guardian Enzo 2012-05-23 01:59

For the zillionth time, worry about the staff more than the studio. And the staff looks pretty good.

totoum 2012-05-23 02:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 4172361)
For the zillionth time, worry about the staff more than the studio. And the staff looks pretty good.

I do admit being surprised,ZEXCS isn't associated to shoujo normally,though of course I look to the staff first and foremost.

It's like Dogakobo (who've been associated with a few echi shows ) doing Natsuyuki Rendezvous this summer, and in that one what really matters is that Kou Matsuo is diracting.

Guardian Enzo 2012-05-23 02:29

Exactly. And would you have expected Hoods and DEEN to do what they have with MGX and Sankarea?

MisaoFan 2012-05-23 02:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 4172387)
Exactly. And would you have expected FEEL and DEEN to do what they have with MGX and Sankarea?

MGX is actually produced by Hoods Entertainment (Seikon no Qwaser, Manyuu Hikenchou), not feel.

Guardian Enzo 2012-05-23 02:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4172405)
MGX is actually produced by Hoods Entertainment (Seikon no Qwaser, Manyuu Hikenchou), not feel.

LOL, yeah that's what I meant to say - wee hours here, brain freeze. The point is even more cogent, though! :heh:

ahelo 2012-05-23 04:03

Well you can't go wrong with one of Steins;Gate's directors (who's had a hand with a lot of script and storyboards for other series). Still with staff positions and studio involved, this could go both ways (then again MGX was also a big question mark when it was announced and now it's ending up as one of my favorites all time).

Also Ai Kayano as the lead female sounds very interesting (though thinking about her in a Menma voice just doesn't fit).