AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - OVA Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98668)

Kairin 2010-10-29 11:12

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - OVA Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for the To Aru Kagaku no Railgun OVA.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Syntron 2010-10-29 12:28

Im so happy i could cry. Railgun is back. Badass Mikoto, naughty Kuroko, skirtflipping Saten and moe Uiharu. The story was quite okay, but its the characters that make Railgun special. I just need to point out the OP. Not a single explosion or fast cut, still epic. Even Touma is bearable when he is interacting with Mikoto.

This will definitely help me enduring Index II. But i shall bash that one in another topic.

10/10

zeniselv 2010-10-29 13:06

the ova was good , personally i liked it more than most of the railgun tv episodes(those K-on! X maria†holic-like filler episodes), i really enjoyed the music from the first index, the touma cameo was really forced, but overall a good ova.

Tiberium Wolf 2010-10-29 13:25

OP song was awesome. Didn't quite like the ED song. OP animation was interesting in some parts only. Dunno why use that old type of camera when they have all that technology. ED animation was boring. Still the episode content was nice.

Yui Is My Wife 2010-10-29 13:30

The long long awaited bath sequence....

Konori-sempai, I'm thirsty!! Can I have some of your rich and creamy "Musashino Milk"! :p

Oh that was worth the 10 month wait. :heh:

Seihai 2010-10-29 13:44

It certainly conveyed the slice of life part pretty well.
8/10 for me.
I would have liked to hear more of the other level 5 in Tokiwadai (just for mentioning's sake).
Komoe-sensei would have fitted as a side appearance in the bath lounge imo.
Too bad no "it must be true since there is a post on the internet!" joke or Dorm Manager.:p

Dextro 2010-10-29 16:30

Overall a pretty good episode but nothing stellar. Still it's more than worth it even if just to get a small portion of Koroko's antics and "Onee-sama"s. :D

Kon the Magnificent 2010-10-29 18:32

Uiharu is awesome, yet terrible. Saten's face during the scene where Kuroko was about to be killed by Misaka was priceless as she stared at the happily eating Uiharu.

Loved the OVA, hope the next one is Sister's Arc - Railgun Edition

MeisterBabylon 2010-10-29 18:42

The amount of Misaka Vision in that OVA will turn it into TTGL. :heh:

outerelf 2010-10-29 19:41

I have to admit, although I don't much like Railgun, this episode was alright- I enjoyed the 'lovers spat' especially though ;)

kenshinkid 2010-10-29 20:42

They finally showed where Mikoto gets her coins from. Kuroko is WIN!

serenade_beta 2010-10-29 20:51

The thread finally got created...

Anyways, a very awesome OVA. Everything was just great. Makes me once again realize how enjoyable Railgun (anime) is...
I wish they made a real animation for the ED instead of using artworks already released though.

Masked 2010-10-29 21:35

Pretty good, was glad that saten and uselesschar2 didnt play as big as a role as I thought they would when I saw the OP.

Yeah, I expect some hate for that.

Chaos2Frozen 2010-10-29 21:47

Be it a good or bad thing, I think these simple oneshot mystery cases fit the setting of Railgun better. I must admit it was quite well done, especially the creepy feeling of uneasiness that Mikoto felt, though the conclusion felt abrupt but I can live with it.

Not exactly my cup of tea, but a satisfying tea nonetheless.

P.S - Sigh... Misaka is too protected by her friends -_-

SuzushinaYuriko 2010-10-29 22:02

I thought the OVA was pretty good. I still can't stand Mikoto but Saten and Kuroko returning in full force more than made up for it. I quite like these Judgment cases, although yeah, the resolution to the case gave off a feeling like, "...that's it?"

Fandal 2010-10-29 22:52

So while Touma is out risking his neck in various plot lines which could result in countless wars between the various factions of humanity, Misaka is out catching low level scientists who just want simple revenge.

Ouch, the difference between the plot line of Index and Railgun right now is staggeringly huge. Misaka is so far behind Touma right now it's not funny anymore.

Shinji103 2010-10-29 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fandal (Post 3322564)
So while Touma is out risking his neck in various plot lines which could result in countless wars between the various factions of humanity, Misaka is out catching low level scientists who just want simple revenge.

Not to mention that this and city-wide coma-inducing brain networks with freaky fetus-looking monsters aren't exactly in tune with the "slice of life" theme that the fans keep trying to say Railgun follows. :rolleyes:

zeniselv 2010-10-29 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fandal (Post 3322564)

Ouch, the difference between the plot line of Index and Railgun right now is staggeringly huge. Misaka is so far behind Touma right now it's not funny anymore.

well tecnically misaka singlehanded an angel-like creature before touma ever knew they existed, but i got the same feeling as you all thanks to the pointless fillers, that point things like neck snaps dont kill ppl in the toaruverse.

Fandal 2010-10-29 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeniselv (Post 3322576)
well tecnically misaka singlehanded an angel-like creature before touma ever knew they existed, but i got the same feeling as you all thanks to the pointless fillers, that point things like neck snaps dont kill ppl in the toaruverse.

Minor index spoiler
Spoiler:

Master Assassin 2010-10-29 23:25

This episode gave me a good laugh - only when Touma is involved.

It's hard to get into the show without him around, and the reason why I keep struggling to like Railgun as it is.