AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Steins;Gate (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Steins;Gate Movie - News & Anticipation (No Game Spoilers) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106850)

relentlessflame 2011-09-13 15:48

Steins;Gate Movie - News & Anticipation (No Game Spoilers)

As announced the end of the 24th episode of the Steins;Gate TV show, a movie is now been confirmed.

You may use this thread to discuss any news and speculation/anticipation relating to this movie, but please avoid any spoilers from any aspects of the game that may not have been shown in the anime and thus could impact the movie.

Kusa-San 2011-09-13 15:51

I hope this movie will be about Suzuha and her fight against Sern.

Raiga 2011-09-13 15:54

I'm sure there's lots of details and stuff in the universe that weren't explored, but off the top of my head I can't imagine what the movie would be about. The plot is too detailed to be crammed into a summary-type movie (at least IMO), and I dunno what a sequel would be about, so I guess a side-story is likely...?

Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to it.

Riga92 2011-09-13 16:38

I'm really excited for this, although I'm wondering what the movie will be based on. A movie adaptation of the VN won't work, else they sacrifice a lot of the things that made the TV anime work.

I'm guessing an adaptation of Boukan no Rebellion would work. It would be nice seeing Suzuha's backstory in action.

miroku2192 2011-09-13 16:43

Would like to see the future side and how Okabe fought against SERN as well as how he planned out contacting his old self etc. (Don't quite understand how he can make it so that he can only access the video after failing once at saving my beloved).

Would also be nice to get some further closure on the characters' lives. I want more Okabe x Kurisu damnit!

creb 2011-09-13 19:44

I guess I just assumed the movie would be what most anime tv series' movies are: a compression of the tv show into 1.5 hours (ie: 24 episodes into the space of 4), and thus an utter abomination to anyone who watched the actual series. :p

Or is there any info indicating that it'll actually be a side/alternate story instead?

karuroso 2011-09-13 21:05

Considering how well the sales are now, I wouldn't have been surprised if they announced a new series animating the Hiyoku Renri no Darling (in omnibus format for this one =~)but a movie? =O I'm really curious to see now what's gonna be about, since Darling is basically fanservice it's hard to think about an entire movie regarding this one

RadiantBeam 2011-09-13 21:24

Odd thing, I didn't see any movie clips from the subs I watched... though I did see the promo images on the RandomC blog post, so thanks to Guardian Enzo for that, I would have completely missed it otherwise!

My guess is it's either a streamlined version of the anime with some additional animation, or a whole new sort of prologue story detailing Suzuha's fight against SERN's dystopia before she decided to time travel back to 1975. Alternatively, it could be focused on WWIII. Either is an awesome option.

DragoZERO 2011-09-13 22:06

I suppose this will be like the UBW movie and explore a different route, maybe? Either way it's going to worth a watch, that's for sure.

velocity7 2011-09-13 22:57

Spoiler for Maybe?:

calorie 2011-09-14 03:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by creb (Post 3765749)
I guess I just assumed the movie would be what most anime tv series' movies are: a compression of the tv show into 1.5 hours (ie: 24 episodes into the space of 4), and thus an utter abomination to anyone who watched the actual series. :p

Hmm, let's hope it won't be that. Though I think I would still watch it for the animation alone since the series looked quite nice, the movie can only look better .

larethian 2011-09-14 05:12

to make this good, they probably won't focus on particular heroines but encompass the entire lab members. my first question would be who's writing the story?

LoweGear 2011-09-14 07:34

You know the movie will be one and a half hours of Kurisu being yandere... and you will love every minute of it.

:uhoh:

*FLEES!!!*

ZGMF-X10A 2011-09-14 10:55

I wanna see more of Christina and her being in SERN. Okarin trying to change time lines to save her before her joining SERN or something would be pretty cool.

tomtkp 2011-09-14 12:32

My hope would be Boukan no Rebellion adaptation or an original story take place after the True End (since Steins;Gate world line has uncertain future).
Or the third option is an official short story about what happened one year after Mayuri was being shot by Moeka in episode 12 (I forgot the title name).

Xcomp 2011-09-14 14:28

Very curious what the movie will be about too. Just hope it isn't just a condensed version of the series.

As to what I'd like to see... I don't really know lol. Maybe the "Steins;Gate" world line ends up being not so perfect and they have to go through another crazy adventure.

miroku2192 2011-09-14 16:42

I don't know but all I have to say is...I'm pissed that I don't understand Japanese and that I live in the US and that I'll have to wait SUPER DAMN FRIGGING LONG to see this movie.

curse you!!!!

Qikz 2011-09-14 19:10

I really would like it to show Beta Okabe's struggle after Mayushii dies and how he makes the time machine with Daru to send Suzuha back in time.

Suzuku 2011-09-14 22:08

The .5pb president confirmed that the movie is not a summary of the series and since it is a serious world line, it is not an adaptation of Darling either.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3977.html

I doubt it's an original story. I'd say chances are high that it's an adaptation of Boukan no Rebellion, since that explores the side of the S;G story that didn't get enough development and focus.

kresslia 2011-09-14 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzuku (Post 3767029)
The .5pb president confirmed that the movie is not a summary of the series and since it is a serious world line, it is not an adaptation of Darling either.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3977.html

I doubt it's an original story. I'd say chances are high that it's an adaptation of Boukan no Rebellion, since that explores the side of the S;G story that didn't get enough development and focus.

Well, this link here says it is in fact NOT Boukan no Rebellion, so I dunno...

http://translate.google.com.ph/trans...te-al-anime%2F