AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Clannad (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Character discussion - Nagisa (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=56628)

Skyfall 2007-10-22 10:37

Character discussion - Nagisa

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Nagisa related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Clannad fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter / game talk, there are other threads for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Ultima_Rasengan05 2007-10-22 15:00

All we know is that she really likes the school. And even though she repeats it a lot in episode 1, I think it will have meaning later on in future episodes.
But Nagisa is a character that is shrouded in mystery. In the end of episode 1, she was completely a different person while talking to Tomoya. She has a really caring and interesting family. They really get along so well and I don't think they ever had any fights within Nagisa's household. Although she hasn't got any close friends and the only friend that she has is Tomoya, it seems that she doesn't interact with others in the school. So far, we haven't seen Nagisa talk to either Kyou or Tomoyo, who seems to have more screen time with Tomoya than Nagisa herself.
Concerning the opening sequence with Nagisa laying on a snowy ground and the alternate dimension girl, both look like they could be connected somehow and will certainly play an important role later on in the show.
I like Nagisa's character though. She seems spacey and tries her best to do things at school.

orion 2007-10-23 22:24

I like Nagisa too. A kind, shy soul who seems to have a chronic illness that prevented her from graduating with her friends and having a tough time making new friends.

I wonder if she really had true friends or casual acquaintances from her previous class.

EXEs 2007-10-26 20:45

Her family are nuts :), but that's why I love them. Especially her father, cool, funny guy

boggart 2007-10-27 08:48

Why the neglect for Nagisa here?? I thought that her quiet and shy nature is what would attract some guys to her...

I like Nagisa. She seems a bit slow at times but in the end her passion for certain things is what makes her interesting to watch.

FireChick 2007-10-27 10:21

Me likes Nagisa-chan. She reminds me of...well, me!:)

Hunter Sock Monsters 2007-10-27 22:37

Nagisa may be shy, but she is cute and very very determined to get the theatre club up and running again. Hopefully she will make lots of friends through the theatre club....

nadare 2007-10-29 07:57

The only gripe I have about Nagisa is her hair. She looks like a cockroach >.<. They need to cut the two ahoge off.

Kinny Riddle 2007-10-29 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadare (Post 1226716)
The only gripe I have about Nagisa is her hair. She looks like a cockroach >.<. They need to cut the two ahoge off.

It's probably just you, I see it as a pair of antennas. No doubt she inherited from her dad and mom, who also come with it. :D

But I like Nagisa the way she is.

jowney 2007-10-29 23:35

nagisa is kool just so quiet but i guess thats her character

shes funy and i feel sori for her repeating a yr and being left behind T.T

Stifler 2007-11-01 08:03

Quote:

lol I feel that it adds to her moe-ness. As Kinny said before me, I like her just the way she is.

And oh, her School Life arc will warm your heart. It really touched me.

Haru~ 2007-11-01 08:11

Quote:

LOL if she's a cockroach then she's the cutest cockroach I've ever seen...

zai_shana 2007-11-01 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by rave_master16 (Post 1232293)
LOL if she's a cockroach then she's the cutest cockroach I've ever seen...

LOL yup! i agree with ya! :D

nagisa is a kind of cockroach who likes to eat other kinds of bread which is really rare for a cockroach:heh:

Cattleya 2007-11-01 10:04

She is so adorable!!! My fav character :)

Thentus 2007-11-01 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cattleya (Post 1232472)
She is so adorable!!! My fav character :)

I wonder why she's not a lot of other people's favorites.

Probably because of the fact that she has been there episode in and episode out, so she has really become somewhat like a background in the story. The other characters are also VERY likeable as well.

2H-Dragon 2007-11-01 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thentus (Post 1233168)
I wonder why she's not a lot of other people's favorites.

Probably because of the fact that she has been there episode in and episode out, so she has really become somewhat like a background in the story. The other characters are also VERY likeable as well.

Because it's boring to make the main lead your favourite. She's going to get taken by Ozaki anyhow. :heh: She is an awesome lead though. ^^

Skyfall 2007-11-01 18:42

'Make' the lead your favorite ? Somehow i doubt one actually gets to 'decide' which character he ends up liking the most, lead or not :eyespin:

As for me, it might well be Nagisa from the current cast, a tad outclassed by Ryou. Her reactions in episode 5 were absurdly cute as well :) I am worried about the weak body issue though - those usually end up badly.

Thentus 2007-11-01 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon (Post 1233182)
Because it's boring to make the main lead your favourite. She's going to get taken by Ozaki anyhow. :heh: She is an awesome lead though. ^^

I suppose so, and yeah I guess she is what kicked off the whole series anyways =/. Well, soft of.

Kang Seung Jae 2007-11-01 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggart (Post 1223091)
Why the neglect for Nagisa here?? I thought that her quiet and shy nature is what would attract some guys to her...

Because Kotomi's moeness, Tomoyo's coolness, and Kyou's hot-headedness outshines her, for now.

Stifler 2007-11-02 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae (Post 1233376)
Because Kotomi's moeness, Tomoyo's coolness, and Kyou's hot-headedness outshines her, for now.

Agreed. But later in the series, I'm sure that more people will warm up to her. Though my favorite will still be Kotomi.