AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Steins;Gate (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Steins;Gate is Licensed by Funimation (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=105267)

CrowKenobi 2011-07-02 00:31

The License for Steins;Gate announced on ANN: Funimation Adds Deadman Wonderland, Steins;Gate, More

Feel free to discuss the topic in this thread.

blakstealth 2011-07-02 07:34

Oh shit, really?!

Awesome. Awesome awesome aowmoameomsomawesomsoamwdomaowesome

Dist 2011-07-02 09:25

Great, another anime ruined by dubs.

viperdk1 2011-07-02 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dist (Post 3675642)
Great, another anime ruined by dubs.

If you don't like dubbed anime, don't watch it! You're not being forced into watching english dubbed anime if you don't want to.

I never follow how people dislike English dubs so much - there are a lot of very good dubs out. I like subbed anime too, but given the option, I'd rather be able to hear and understand what is being said instead of having to read the bottom two inches of the screen during all the action.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this. Somehow (even though it's still early days) I can see Crispin Freeman being given the role of Okabe :D

darkchibi07 2011-07-02 17:27

Though considering FUNi got this, they're going to use their own pool of VAs.

Dist 2011-07-02 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by viperdk1 (Post 3676120)
If you don't like dubbed anime, don't watch it! You're not being forced into watching english dubbed anime if you don't want to.

I never follow how people dislike English dubs so much - there are a lot of very good dubs out. I like subbed anime too, but given the option, I'd rather be able to hear and understand what is being said instead of having to read the bottom two inches of the screen during all the action.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this. Somehow (even though it's still early days) I can see Crispin Freeman being given the role of Okabe :D

Spoiler for offtopic:

TurkeyPotPie 2011-07-02 17:59

Considering Funimation's release schedule, I doubt we'll see this before 2012 at the earliest. Funi licensed Chaos;Head over a year ago and they don't even have a release date for it yet. However, I think that will increase the chances they'll be able to release on Blu-ray (if the Funi release is well after the Japanese sales window has closed).

RadiantBeam 2011-07-02 19:36

Dear Lord, that was fast.

Looking forward to it overall, though. Funi has a pretty good track record with this kind of thing. I'll probably check it out just to see how the dub sounds. If it's good, I might even buy it. I like when I can find decent dubs of shows I like.

GDB 2011-07-02 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie (Post 3676276)
Considering Funimation's release schedule, I doubt we'll see this before 2012 at the earliest.

This is my only real beef when I hear Funi's licensed a series I like. You're pretty much guaranteed 16 months after announcement, at a minimum, before release on anything that isn't DBZ.

HighGuard 2011-07-03 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by viperdk1 (Post 3676120)

Oh god that would be awsome!

viperdk1 2011-07-03 05:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dist (Post 3676247)
Spoiler for offtopic:

Spoiler for Off Topic:

Quote:

Spoiler for Off topic:

Spoiler for Off topic:

[QUOTE]

Quote:

Spoiler for Off topic:

Spoiler for Off topic:

Either way Dist, it's clear that you and I won't agree on anything about this - so we shall just have to agree to disagree on this one.

RadiantBeam 2011-07-03 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie (Post 3676276)
However, I think that will increase the chances they'll be able to release on Blu-ray (if the Funi release is well after the Japanese sales window has closed).

That would kind of suck for me if it only gets a Blu-ray release, considering I still prefer using DVDs to Blu-ray.

GDB 2011-07-03 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadiantBeam (Post 3677163)
That would kind of suck for me if it only gets a Blu-ray release, considering I still prefer using DVDs to Blu-ray.

Someone needs to pick up a $50 Blu-ray player/drive. :p

HeartlessEponine 2011-07-03 10:36

This is kind of a shocker. And to think this series is still going. Or probably it's my first time to encounter these things. Because I usually hear "finished" anime series to get licensed when it is done. D:

Expect Dr. Pepper sales to go higher as well if that's the case. XD

I think it's ok if they dub it but I just hope it will be fitting for each character that they'll pull it off like the original voices. xd

darkchibi07 2011-07-03 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadiantBeam (Post 3677163)

FUNi has been doing BD-DVD combo packs recently so it's more likely they'll release this on that format.

RadiantBeam 2011-07-03 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 3677194)
Someone needs to pick up a $50 Blu-ray player/drive. :p

Currently, not the kind of money I need to be spending for a player/drive when I have a perfectly capable DVD player. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkchibi07 (Post 3677289)
FUNi has been doing BD-DVD combo packs recently so it's more likely they'll release this on that format.

Ah, darn, those combos tend to be pretty expensive. Better than just pure Blu-ray releases, though, so there's that.

Dist 2011-07-03 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by viperdk1 (Post 3676987)

Spoiler for Off topic:

Either way Dist, it's clear that you and I won't agree on anything about this - so we shall just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Spoiler for off topic:

GDB 2011-07-03 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadiantBeam (Post 3677308)
Currently, not the kind of money I need to be spending for a player/drive when I have a perfectly capable DVD player. :p

Doesn't sound perfectly capable to me, since it's only a DVD player. :p

Quote:

Ah, darn, those combos tend to be pretty expensive. Better than just pure Blu-ray releases, though, so there's that.
Actually, they're usually the same price as other BD-only releases, which is only like $5-$10 more than the DVD-only release.

RadiantBeam 2011-07-03 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 3677472)
Doesn't sound perfectly capable to me, since it's only a DVD player. :p

It's served me well these past few years. :p I'm in no hurry to replace it, especially considering my current financial situation at home.

Quote:

Actually, they're usually the same price as other BD-only releases, which is only like $5-$10 more than the DVD-only release.
Hm. Only downside is I'll have a Blu-ray disc and no way of using it.

darkchibi07 2011-07-03 23:52

In due time, you will end up buying yourself a Blu-ray player. :D

(though it's kind of pointless unless you have an HD TV)