AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Summer 2011: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103099)

MisaoFan 2011-04-02 13:29

Summer 2011: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series

Newer list:

Version from Nelson: http://moetron.com/uploads/20110427_summer_guide.jpg
Thumbnail:
http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/1...1summer.th.jpg

Older list:

Spoiler for List of anime confirmed fot this summer:

Other titles (not in the billboard):

Confirmed :
Moretsu Uchu Pirates
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi
Kaito Tenshi Twin Angels Kyun Kyun★Tokimeki Paradise!!
Yuruyuri
Mawaru Penguin Drum

Tentatively scheduled :
Last Exile -Ginyoku no Fam-
Working!! 2
Mashiro Iro Symphony
Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru -Futari no Elder-
Aquarion EVOL
C-Cube
New Rurouni Kenshin series

Haladflire65 2011-04-02 13:34

Natsume Yuujin-chou san! I can't wait for it! Also I'll probably check out the Hakuouki OVA's... just cause...

White Manju Bun 2011-04-02 14:06

Natsume is hands down a must. Might try No.6. Dantalian no Shoka...maybe.

Suzuku 2011-04-02 14:30

What I'm definitely watching. Ordered in level of interest:

Sacred Seven: Sunrise original anime with Geass character designs and mecha, plus mahou shoujo item transformations with power suits and final fantasy monsters? Yes, please. My only reservation is the "school battle" tag which reminds me of how excited I was for Star Driver which ended up letting me down, but hopefully this won't follow a monster of the week formula and lead into a story that is bogged down by its own attempts at making school life antics 50% of the story.

Blood-C: The next entry in the Blood franchise with CLAMP at the helm. Pretty much says everything.

Dantalian no Shoka: Interested in seeing how GAINAX's first attempt at adapting a light novel will turn out. And of course, just because it's GAINAX makes it an instant watch for me.

Kamisama Dolls: Sounds a lot more interesting than the promo art would have you think, so that juxtaposition piqued my interest.

Mayo Chiki: feel. That is all.

The IDOLM@STER: A-1 Pictures idol moe. What could go wrong? ( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/ \

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu: First season was entertaining.

Manyuu Hikenchuu: Meh...why not.

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee: Looks boring as fuck and like a Gosick continuation, but I'll check it out because Satelight is producing.

What I might watch:

Natsume Yuujinchou San: Haven't watched the first two seasons yet, but I've heard it's pretty good so I'll check them out.

Nekogami Yaoyorozu: Not sure if I want to waste my time on something that looks like it has no potential at all, but I'm interested in seeing what AIC+ can do when it's given the head production role, so I might check this out.

Appleseed XIII: Haven't watched the first series but I might.

Hm, this is the first season since I started watching anime regularly that I won't be watching a Noitamina show. Neither of them interest me at all. Man, Noitamina sure is going in the gutter. I thought [C] might turn it around, but it looks like crap now that I've seen the PV. Hopefully Ano Hana, which I have faith in since it's the Toradora/Railgun team, will get the job done for at least this season.

MisaoFan 2011-04-02 14:36

I definitively watch Mayochiki! and Dantalian no Shoka.

Genten 2011-04-02 16:07

Hmm, well, I'm interested in a total of three shows so far (maybe more depending on new versions of the chart). That's probably a good thing since I have so many shows I'm interested in for spring that I can use my free time to catch up with them (and do other things, of course).

I still can't believe a tentative chart is out already. It boggles my mind at how fast the anime bloggers of the internet go.

Here's what I'm watching (no particular order):

Usagi Drop: Yen Press had better speed up the release schedule for this series now that the anime is out. Ahem. I loved the manga for this series and was really, really excited when I heard the announcement of the anime adaption. Production I.G. is a fairly high quality studio (at least from what I've seen of them) so it looks like (from the production art, at least) that the anime is going to stay true to the wonderful manga art.

No. 6: Well, the summary was interesting, at least. Plus, the character designs are cute. Bones is. . . varying in quality although they can produce some top notch stuff so I'm keeping my hopes up for this series.

Uta no Prince: I think I spazzed enough about this series in the respective thread. Hot guys, school uniforms that look like suits, and singing. Need I say more?

That said I'm really digging the artstyle for Nekogami Yaoyorozu but I don't know if I want to watch it yet.

Tworble 2011-04-02 17:18

Right now Natsume Yuujinchou, NO.6 and Last Exile have me exited; the rest are maybe's...I have to do more research.

j0x 2011-04-02 23:35

high priorities
Sacred Seven
Blood-C

low priorities
Last Exile
No. 6

wandering-dreamer 2011-04-02 23:43

A new chart is already out? Good grief, they're just getting faster and faster aren't they?
Must See: Natsume Yujiincho San, Last Exile, No 6, Bunny Drop.
Interested in and will probably check out the first episode: Baka to Test 2, Blood C, and probably more as more series get set dates. Hmm, better start my Last Exile/Natsume rewatches soon-ish then.

Xacual 2011-04-03 00:07

I haven't seen anything confirming MajiKoi for summer? Source?

MisaoFan 2011-04-03 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 3555846)
I haven't seen anything confirming MajiKoi for summer? Source?

I list the title tentatively scheduled for summer due to update for anime promo images and character designs.

MisaoFan 2011-04-03 01:08

Anyone want to watch R-15 and Blade ?

jzmagic 2011-04-03 02:08

Baka to test is a must watch for me. Loved the 1st season

klare 2011-04-03 02:09

Appleseed is being pushed to summer...

still got more Higurashi?

blewin 2011-04-03 03:53

so many great series this summer!
Natsume, Working - MUST SEE.
Last Exile - the last series was really great. Wonder how this series will go.
Gintama - just started this anime. Hilarious! wouldn't mind more.

Shiroth 2011-04-03 04:03

There's a lot of shows that MisaoFan has mentioned that don't even have a release date yet, so i'll wait for an actual complete Summer preview list.

Accelolita_ 2011-04-03 05:54

I'm definitely watching: Natsume Yuujinchou San, Kamisama Dolls
Sounds interesting: No. 6, Uta no Prince-sama

Well, the Rest I'll see.

FireChick 2011-04-03 07:02

Definitely watching:
Natsume Yuujinchou 3
Bunny Drop

Might watch:
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee
Uta no Prince-sama

ars89 2011-04-03 07:43

What! a list is out already, wow that was fast.

I'll wait until an updated one i posted with confirmation about some dates and the other titles.

It looks like it'll be a packed summer for me though

Pocari_Sweat 2011-04-03 09:02

Usagi Drop is my most anticipated. Love these life-based stories and also been following the manga.

Other than that, Natsume 3rd season and No.6 caught my attention.