AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Different coloured eyes (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118621)

Velsy 2013-03-31 18:54

Different coloured eyes

Hi

I am kinda looking and hoping to get some recommends on animes or mangas that have main/cast characters with two different eye colours, or has something wrong with there eyes (like being blind or something). However I am not looking for fakes (such as coloured eye contact lenses)

I'm not fussed on a certain type genre, As long as its not shounen Ai/Yaoi.

I appriciate anything suggested ^_^

kitten320 2013-03-31 19:15

Another - it is real and fake at the same time. Hard to describe but it is first thing that pop in my head. It is horror genre.

Don't remember it properly but I think Allan Walker eye kept changing in D.Gray Man. It looks the same during normal circumstances but would change during specific times since it is a cursed eye.

Kanzaki Urumi from GTO series. She is one of the main characters who gets introduced a bit later on. One eye is blue and another brown. She is one of the best charas in the series.

If my memory does not deceive me, Asuna in Mahou Sensei Negima! has different eye colours.

Suiseiseki and Souseiseki have different eyes in Rozen Maiden but they are living, talking dolls.

MC in Shinrei Tantei Yakumo has different eye colour. One of them allows him to see ghosts.

That's all I can think of.

chocolatemilkgod 2013-03-31 19:24

Legend of the Galactic Heroes has Oskar von Reunthal who has heterochromia (id est having two different eye colours). One of my favourite characters, especially later on into the series.

The only other series I can think of off the top of my head is Rewrite , as one of the heroines called Shizuru has heterochromia, but that's a visual novel and she often covers her eyes until the latter parts of some routes. I recommend the VN, mind you, but it's not exactly what you were after.

White Manju Bun 2013-04-03 09:45

Vincent from Pandora Hearts has two different colored eyes. Also nearly anything by CLAMP usually at some point the characters have eye issues like in xxxHolic and Tsubasa Chronicles

Velsy 2013-04-04 18:41

Ah, I was going to mention that I knew of Pandoras Hearts and GTO, but forgot to add it. And Rozen Maiden is an anime I saw quite some time ago. Liked the twins more because of that.

Those suggestions help for what I am looking for, so thank you ^_^

Moresca 2013-04-05 06:16

Characters with mismatched eyes:

Andy Hinomiya in Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke

Neko (in human form) in (Project) K

Tokidoki Rikugou in Amatsuki

Lord Darcia in Wolf's Rain (covered by an eyepatch most of the time)

The Count of Monte Cristo in Gankutsuou

Vetti Lunard Sforza de Roselait in Glass Fleet (Glass no Kantai: La Legende du Vent de L'Univers)

Allelujah Haptism in Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Sven Vollfied in Black Cat (covered by an eyepatch most of the time)

Ciel Phantomhive in Kuroshitsuji (though it is covered with an eyepatch most of the time)

Rokudo Mukuro in Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Homura in Gensoumaden Saiyuki (one blue one gold, hard to see in the picture)

Hiroi Sekai 2013-04-05 06:40

Scientific term is heterochromia. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! is awesome, and so is Takanashi Rikka for this. :3

Kakkou 2013-04-05 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by papermario13689 (Post 4621412)
Scientific term is heterochromia. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! is awesome, and so is Takanashi Rikka for this. :3

Not that her eyes are actually like that though, so I don't think she counts. That contact-lens wearing heterochromia masquerading heretic! :p

RichardFromMarple 2013-04-06 06:47

Not sure if Abiru Kobushi from Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei counts. She has mismatched eyes, but one is normally behind an eyepatch.

mytwin.45s 2013-04-15 03:34

what about spike from cowboy bebop, pretty sure he has different colored eyes. and its one of the best anime of all time too boot.

Moresca 2013-04-15 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytwin.45s (Post 4637344)
what about spike from cowboy bebop, pretty sure he has different colored eyes. and its one of the best anime of all time too boot.

You are absolutely right. He has very subtly different colored eyes but in the case of Spike I am unsure if the "not fake (such as coloured eye contact lenses)" condition of the OP is complied with. No elaboration for fear of spoilers though.

Anyhow, Cowboy Bebop is always a good recommendation.

Hiroi Sekai 2013-04-18 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakkou (Post 4621427)
Not that her eyes are actually like that though, so I don't think she counts. That contact-lens wearing heterochromia masquerading heretic! :p

There's one heretic I'd follow for life. :3

Also, correct me since I'm not well versed in the series, but doesn't Boku wa Tomodachi have a character with heterochromia?

synaesthetic 2013-04-18 13:16

Haganai

10 char

bhl88 2013-04-18 14:25

Vivid manga XD
http://images.wikia.com/animeandmang...rm_(Vivid).png

You: O.o never mind.

trickdaddy 2013-04-18 18:08

The MC in 11 Eyes has two different colored eyes, which he believes is just a genetic deformity, but actually allows him to temporarily see what he would in the future a few seconds before it happens.