AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=120316)

Pellissier 2013-06-28 00:45

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S, Episode 12.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Ihaxlikenoob 2013-06-28 03:43

Can't wait for the
Spoiler:

Chaos2Frozen 2013-06-28 05:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob (Post 4739871)
Can't wait for the
Spoiler:

Well truth be told...

Spoiler:

Justice Knight 2013-06-28 07:11

how many eps are there in this season? 24?

Chaos2Frozen 2013-06-28 07:14

2 cours as usual.

Arararagi-Senpai 2013-06-28 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justice Knight (Post 4740040)
how many eps are there in this season? 24?

Since it was that way with Index and Railgun Season 1, I would assume so, but since the story intersected with Index I'm not sure if they'll have enough material for 24 eps (unless I'm remembering wrong which I likely am).

RJ TAYLER 2013-06-28 07:20

One thing is that the series is not short of available material to be adapted, so you can rest easy on that score :)

600UP

mark1246 2013-06-28 08:13

It shame we wont see Filler episode, there were "some" filler episode i enjoy from the first season, and judging from the episode list to 16 (which is the last episode of the sister arc), we have 8 episode left, either it gonna be a brand new filler arc like they did with last season with the Kihara something else :)?

dniv 2013-06-28 10:08

Excellent, perfect, amazing. BTW Weifri, the background was your avatar for Justin TV lol.

Anyway, the episode was a 10/10. It added lots of stuff that made it fleshed out and amazing.

The episodes are getting better. Not understanding half of it didn't help. I did get: Dog as the name of Misaka 10032's cat. (She almost name it Tokugawa Ieyasu lol).

They finally correctly showed (in the anime) that it was indeed 10032 who was with Touma that morning. And it made it clear that it was 10031 that saw both Misaka/Touma.

The little Mikoto at the beginning of the episode, 1 tooth, cutest smile ever, she was more adorable than last order. J.C. staff was stepping it up. Mikoto, what happened? When did you become the tsundere monster that you now are?

This is Mikoto's mother's first appearance in railgun right? I think so. (even if it was a flashback).

They added a lot of extra scenes. These made me happy. Back to the old opening and old ending... I'm guessing it'll be a little longer before we see any changes.

Otherwise, a solid 10/10. The PV looked absolutely amazing though. So I'm guessing next week will be great. There is one thing about J.C. staff: they make the wait for next week so unbearable. Because each PV is so gooooood. *whine*

Well yeah, that was a solid episode. Pulled an all nighter to watch this... I'm getting sleep and watching raw when I wake up. (lol)

zaeraal 2013-06-28 10:18

This episode was really boring in my opinion.
Practically nothing happened besides the fact we learned 3Diagram was destroyed some time ago by unknow force.
And even that didn't had any drama to it, it completly lacked the atmosphere.

The rest was just a chitchat between Touma and Sister about her Cat, now named "Dog".

And they still used the old OP and ED, sigh.

The only nice part was the begining. It's 4/10 from me.

Haru-kun 2013-06-28 10:48

O_o Spiderman Misaka...

Miraluka 2013-06-28 12:49

This episde was meh, hope the next one gets better, lacked tension about TD's destruction that was the main point and tittle of the episode.

zibi88 2013-06-28 12:56

it wasnt bad... this episode was a "set up" episode... real fun starts from next episode... kinda this episode explains stuff about the misaka that was with touma...and its like introducing touma to railgun episodes...

but its fun to see that a clone has way better and normal conversation with touma... then the orginal ever had XD

Master Assassin 2013-06-28 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaeraal (Post 4740263)
Practically nothing happened besides the fact we learned 3Diagram was destroyed some time ago by unknow force.

The rest was just a chitchat between Touma and Sister about her Cat, now named "Dog".

Yeah, although I still gave double that rating because I generally think it's progressing in a good way.

dniv 2013-06-28 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaeraal (Post 4740263)

You guys are really harsh. I'm comparing this to the manga in terms of my rating. Plus, didn't you like the animation? I don't have the heart to give any of these episodes less than a 10 especially because of the Touman...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 4740451)
This episde was meh, hope the next one gets better, lacked tension about TD's destruction that was the main point and tittle of the episode.

This was a valid point. I was surprised about this. I'll rewatch with subtitles before I completely agree though... I didn't understand the chit-chat so I don't know if it was that bad :heh: With not knowing what was going on, I liked it. Plus, I like Misaka 10032...

For the first time I just noticed that the back of Mikoto's mother's hair looks like the hair of Misaka 9982!

SilverTalon 2013-06-28 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark1246 (Post 4740099)
It shame we wont see Filler episode, there were "some" filler episode i enjoy from the first season, and judging from the episode list to 16 (which is the last episode of the sister arc), we have 8 episode left, either it gonna be a brand new filler arc like they did with last season with the Kihara something else :)?

Well, earlier on they were talking about shopping and stuff for their field trip, so I'd guess a good portion of the rest will be adapting the first Railgun SS novel.

Traece 2013-06-28 23:42

I love it when an episode setting up a new event and primarily doing exposition is met with harsh criticism because it's being more important to the plot than most. Oh noooo~ Plot! So boring!

The preview looked pretty awkward. I'm curious to see Touma's reaction to the multiple Misakas.

The Tree Diagram bit was actually a surprise for me. I haven't put much energy into figuring out what this show is doing ahead of time, but I certainly didn't consider the fact that the computer had actually been destroyed a long time ago. I guess we get to find out the mystery of what has been done as a result!

Edit: Before I forget, dat panda sweater.

Kyouka 2013-06-28 23:46

wont get a new op/ed untill this arc is over

SQA 2013-06-29 00:36

Loli Mikoto was cute as all hell. And her love of Gekotan runs deep.

Part of the problem with this episode's tension is, well, doesn't everyone that's ever watched any parts of the 3 previous series know that Tree Diagram was destroyed at the start of Index?

It's one thing to know what's coming because you've read the Manga. It's another when you know what's coming because you have the most basic of world setup information. It's going to kill the tension in most ways.

relentlessflame 2013-06-29 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by SQA (Post 4741139)
Part of the problem with this episode's tension is, well, doesn't everyone that's ever watched any parts of the 3 previous series know that Tree Diagram was destroyed at the start of Index?

It's one thing to know what's coming because you've read the Manga. It's another when you know what's coming because you have the most basic of world setup information. It's going to kill the tension in most ways.

I think there still presenting this content with the expectation that it could very well be some people's first exposure to the story (which is the same way we treat the anime discussion threads here). They know that this will be perhaps the fourth time for some people (or more counting re-reads), but I guess you just have to be a bit more understanding in that sense that it'll still be new to some, even if it's old news to you.