AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hanasaku Iroha (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Hanasaku Iroha - Character Discussion - Miyagishi Tooru (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103676)

Pellissier 2011-04-26 05:07

Hanasaku Iroha - Character Discussion - Miyagishi Tooru

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Miyagishi Tooru related.
http://forums.animesuki.com/picture....ictureid=39072
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Hanasaku Iroha fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

serenade_beta 2011-04-26 17:56

The main guy of this show?

I'm looking forward to him realizing Minch's feelings and ending up with her.
Which might not happen.
But Minch reminds me of Hiromi, so yeah... Anyways, not bad.

.x.crii.x. 2011-05-01 12:42

For some odd reason, I actually think Tooru will end up falling for Ohana in the end. Idk, I just really feel that way.

Minko will probably move on from him, realizing in the way that what she actually feels for him is appreciation/respect.

Why do I think that Tooru will go for Ohana?

1. Because he´s always the one to start conversations with her, tease her, generally, he just takes the initiative.

2. For Minko...how can I say it? He looks at her as some sort of kouhai/student. I still haven't seen him have a normal conversation with her or tease her as he´s done with Ohana.

Anyway, just shoot me/ignore me if this doesn't happen somewhere down the road. xD;;

Shadow5YA 2011-05-01 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. (Post 3595326)
For some odd reason, I actually think Tooru will end up falling for Ohana in the end. Idk, I just really feel that way.

Minko will probably move on from him, realizing in the way that what she actually feels for him is appreciation/respect.

Why do I think that Tooru will go for Ohana?

1. Because he´s always the one to start conversations with her, tease her, generally, he just takes the initiative.

2. For Minko...how can I say it? He looks at her as some sort of kouhai/student. I still haven't seen him have a normal conversation with her or tease her as he´s done with Ohana.

Anyway, just shoot me/ignore me if this doesn't happen somewhere down the road. xD;;

I have the same premonition. There's just a big difference in the way Tohru treats Minko and Ohana, and it bothers me.

Spoiler for ep 5:

That bothers me.

.x.crii.x. 2011-05-01 13:59

I actually think TooruxOhana is better than TooruxMinko. xD;;

But then again...idk...Ohana´s friend Ko is holding a flag for her. But so far Ohana hasn't really shown much interest in him, even though he already confessed his undying love for her. She's still within the "he's my friend, he's just that. Thinking of him as more than that is kind of odd" zone.

As for her relationship with Tooru, its kind of like the typical "Ok, listen here. You annoy me, tease me and shizz. But slowly and surely, you're making your way into my heart and probably maybe, perhaps somewhere down the road I will start to have different feelings towards you, I´ll be confused and then arrive at the conclusion that maybe, just maybe I might be in love with you and you might be in love with me".

Yah....xD;;

Irisiel 2011-05-01 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 3595354)
Spoiler for ep 5:

Maybe it was because while Minko talked the talk, Ohana just walked the walk?

Anyway, the more I watch Tooru and Ohana interact, the more I'm convinced that they'll end up in some sort of relationship, even if it is one-sided crushes.

I mean, Ohana is desperate to get into the good graces of the girls, but she has no problems cultivating a hostile relationship with Tooru, hence, she isn't afraid to snap at him, which has another relationship dynamic than she has with the rest of the cast.

I think that that frankness might attract Tooru on some level, and would be kind of karmic ("Hey, that girl you've been teasing since she got here? Surprise! You now have a crush on her, good luck!" - Tooru's heart, Tooru's brain, of course, will have trouble coping with such a notion).

Roloko vi Britannia 2011-05-01 17:24

He looks so cute after episode 2 I hope him and Ohana develop a relationship sometime in the series they look so adorable together.

ThereminVox 2011-05-01 20:29

The more I watch Ohana and Tohru interact, the more I have to conclude that there's going to end up being something between them. The problem is that I can't see which one of them is going to develop feelings for the other first. Ohana is so direct and honest that even if she did like him, I can't imagine her making any kind of move on him because of Minko. She's just too loyal for that. As for Tohru, he treats Minko like a child, and Ohana's no older than she is, so I can't imagine he'd be interested in a high school girl that way.

Of course there's plenty of time to change my perception of either character, and something could happen to shift the dynamic, but as things are 5 episodes in, either developing feelings for the other would seem awkward.

Other than that, it was good to finally see a soft(er) side to him.

Should I be spelling it Tooru? I've seen both, and I think phonetically they're the same, but I wonder if there's a correct spelling handed down from on high yet.

Sebasu 2011-05-01 21:44

I enjoy watching the interactions between Tohru and Ohana so far. Probably one of the most entertaining for me. The van scene in ep2, Ohana's school skirt "adjustment" in ep4, and then the nose-pinching this week. Also Ohana always saying that she doesn't really like him gives me some kind of feeling.

Looking forward to where Tohru's heading in the story.

.x.crii.x. 2011-05-01 22:19

Actually, I don´t know if any of you noticed but....

In the scene when Ohana and Tooru talk:

He's standing behind her for a few seconds while she's typing away on her cellphone, only after a few seconds of standing does he tell her to move.

I kind of take it like a "what should I say to her after she did all that for me?" moment....or I could just be reading too much into it? xD;;;

Guardian Enzo 2011-05-01 22:54

I was skeptical until this week, but I definitely start to see it now. The way Tohru treats Ohana reminds me of the way a 10 year-old boy treats his crush - juvenile barbs, the nose-grabbing, etc. It might be his way of declaring interest.

.x.crii.x. 2011-05-03 19:39

I've been checkin out Pixiv for fanarts of Tooru.

So far out of the 9 there are, 5 of them are TooruxOhana, 1 of Minchi dreaming of Tooru and Ren-san in a yaoi situation, another on of Tooru murdered by Minchi, one of him and Yuina and the last one of different Tooru angles.

VentAileron 2011-05-04 10:41

I think you guys are reading into it too much. :rolleyes:

If this was some kind of absurd dating-sim, it might have been true. If you apply some Keima-logic it might be true. But really, I really hope it isn't true, because it would be so unnatural to act in such a way to show you like someone.

For now I just take what he's saying at face value. He and Tomoe are the big jokers of the cast, while the rest are there for the dramaaaa.

icatero 2011-05-04 10:59

Agreed. I think Tooru treats Ohana the way he does is because unlike Minko, she gets indignant and frustrated, (whereas Minko will take any insult from him). So naturally, it's more fun to pick on her. The nose-pinching at the end was probably his way of showing he accepts her, because he pinched Minko's nose when she first joined the kitchen staff.

germanturkey 2011-05-04 11:18

i don't really expect a triangle with Tooru. If there is one, it'll be just a misunderstanding. i'm sticking with my theory that everyone in the show will end up with who they're supposed to.

Midnight Bliss 2011-05-04 18:19

Marathoned what's out so far, and I have to say, I am really like Tohru/Tooru X Ohana. Moreso than Kou X Ohana. Their interactions are really funny and lively, Tooru just to me looks at Minko as his apprentice and coworker. I think something will come up between Tooru and Ohana in the future. At least, I hope.
You gotta know that in anime those two that are always bickering have to end up together. ;)

Pocari_Sweat 2011-05-04 19:52

Rule of romance/shipping pairs in any entertainment medium: The more the two characters bitch about each other at the start, the more likely they will end up together by the end.

.x.crii.x. 2011-05-04 22:33

....^ Well said. Its a pretty basic rule in the anime/manga/dorama world. Just saying.

But anyway. Moving on to discuss about Tooru. xD

He's 23 right? So does that mean he barely finished College? Or wait...do you even need to go to college to become a professional cook in Japan? o.O

I´ve been pretty curious about him ever since I saw him in the first ep. My eyes gauged out and went: OMG, he´s just my type! :D

I´m a huge sucker for anime guys with his looks and with the type of air that says: "I act mean and inconsiderate, but deep down I actually am concerned with things that have to do with you and your well-being. I'll help you from the shadows and mask my intentions by making them seem as if though I'm only making fun of you."

typhonsentra 2011-05-08 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by germanturkey (Post 3599174)
i don't really expect a triangle with Tooru. If there is one, it'll be just a misunderstanding. i'm sticking with my theory that everyone in the show will end up with who they're supposed to.

So much for that after the last episode, eh?

germanturkey 2011-05-08 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by typhonsentra (Post 3604783)
So much for that after the last episode, eh?

yeah, it looks pretty bad doesn't it... haha. but in my defense, we don't know who he's actively thinking about yet.