AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Soul Eater (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Soul Eater - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=65744)

Pellissier 2008-04-24 14:16

Soul Eater - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Soul Eater, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

gekko 2008-04-24 14:29

Very nice start, given it a 10 but know i think about it .. I dont like the father of the protagonist

The Chaos 2008-04-24 14:30

I Give 10/10 For Being Awesome Ep ^.^

DJ_RockmanX 2008-04-24 16:08

Most awesome form of raw crack I've ever taken.

Daniel E. 2008-04-24 16:54

To think that I started to watch this show simply because of someone's sig. :p

Talk about a good hunch! :D

Vexx 2008-04-24 19:09

Gave it a 9/10 just for being quite an attention grabbing opener. Love the surreal art -- very much reminds me of something I have watched or read in the late '60s (Peter Max, Crumb, Bode).

I actually like Maka's dry delivery -- this is someone who already knows the conclusion of the match and is already on to matters. I also liked the edgy way they "defeated" the first 'witch' -- was it acting or a bit of truth? :)

For me, this may be an exception to my usual avoidance of "battle focus" stories, much Gurren-Lagann slipped past my "meh, mecha" shields.

sapphire-pyro 2008-04-25 06:28

One of the first episodes that I fell in love with among the series premiering this season xD So of course I gave it a 10 xD

Further thoughts on the episode went here: http://sapphire-pyro.livejournal.com/125063.html

hehe

Scep 2008-04-25 06:58

Ello people =D Really loved the first episode, first got hooked to it when i saw the CM, with its unique art style that really appeals to me, and damn, what a great anime. Nice action, really unique artstyle, and the cast working on it seems pretty good.

10/10

Medousa 2008-04-25 07:02

10/10.^^ Perfect episode, perfect "start". (Even if it's just a prologue.) Hehe~

GreatTeacherKen 2008-04-25 18:53

I wasn't originally planning to watch this, but the fight scene with Jack the Ripper was all sorts of awesome. If the show can keep this kind of quality up, this will be an amazing experience.

chrno 2008-05-06 16:25

Nothing like me getting here late. Finally watching ep. 1. Talk about a good start. Been looking for something fun and entertaining. Comedy is a good thing too. The style almost sort of kept me away. My only problem with it was the subtitling --- outlined red text is NOT good. You can barely read it. Other than that the show is off to a good start. :)

Godly_senselessness 2008-05-08 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel E. (Post 1557100)
To think that I started to watch this show simply because of someone's sig. :p

Talk about a good hunch! :D

I saw it for the same reason,i've been seeing a lot of soul eater sigs so i assumed
that the series was popular and tuned in.I wasn't disappointed,this is a cool anime with a refreshing animation style and interesting characters to boot.

zetsubousensei 2008-05-12 15:41

Gah I just finished watching the first episode, I know eh...like years later, I have 5 more to catch up to be up to date...but I had to post in here and comment. I think I've fallen in love wiwth the art, by far. I'm a sucker for unique/eccentric art styles (que in Mononoke and SZS). I loved this episode, 9/10 for impressing me off the bat.

eru_panda 2008-06-14 19:30

Yeah i've never watched it, but you guys encourage me now.......

*grabs popcorn and sits in front of computer screen*

I'll be backkkkk...........

eru_panda 2008-06-14 21:28

yeah, i gave it an 8/9 out of ten, i guess i'll just need to get into it more.

I'll give it 3 episodes.

Quen 2008-06-26 21:31

Definitely give it until ep3, thats the end of the "Prologue".

Loving this series, first saw the premiere of the OP video during TM Revolution's concert at NY Comic Con few months ago, didnt think much of it at the time, but wow, what a great series so far :D

shiijei 2008-06-27 22:41

I have to say i liked it alot! 10/10