AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Sword Art Online (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Sword Art Online - Anime General Discussion [NO SPOILERS] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107235)

Kunagisa 2011-10-01 08:37

Sword Art Online - Anime General Discussion [NO SPOILERS]

Thanks to Master Anime for the heads up!

Announced together with Accel World.

Website

Author
KAWAHARA Reki

Illustrator
abec

Light Novel Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by BT
Escape was impossible until it was cleared; a game over would mean an actual "death"―.
Without knowing the "truth" of the mysterious next generation MMO, 'Sword Art Online(SAO)', approximately ten thousand users logged in together, opening the curtains to this cruel death battle.
Participating alone in SAO, protagonist Kirito had promptly accepted the "truth" of this MMO.
And in the game world, a gigantic floating castle named 'Aincrad', he distinguished himself as a solo player.
Aiming to clear the game by reaching the highest floor, Kirito riskily continued alone.
Because of a pushy invitation from a female warrior and rapier expert, Asuna, he teamed up with her.
That encounter brought about an opportunity to call out to the fated Kirito―.

!!!!!!! Words escaped me atm. Will fill in more info in a bit.

Zakoo 2011-10-01 08:42

It deserves the magnificient gif called: loli dance, only when one is ultra happy.

http://eng101.net/images/thumb/0/09/...Loli_dance.gif

How long have I been waiting for that... I can't believe it now.

Chaos2Frozen 2011-10-01 08:46

Ahhhh Fragggg.... So it's finally happening? The last of the current Ten Big Light Novels is finally going to get an Anime... :eek:

ninja_pintu 2011-10-01 08:46

FINALLY111!!!!!!!

After such a long wait T_T

And to think Accel World is getting animated as well. Today is a lucky day :D:D:D

fertygo 2011-10-01 08:55

INB4 ZEXCS..

So save the party. :p

Chaos2Frozen 2011-10-01 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by fertygo (Post 3787265)
INB4 ZEXCS..

Yeah totally; this has ZEXCS written all over it.

:p :p :p :p :p

Zakoo 2011-10-01 09:01

NO.
NONONONONONONONONONO.

Don't put this word in this thread, I don't want to see it. not ever again.

Kunagisa 2011-10-01 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by fertygo (Post 3787265)
INB4 ZEXCS..

I don't think Dengeki Bunko ever worked with them, so we're ok.

MrTerrorist 2011-10-01 09:33

Really? Looks like i have to read the novels.

tomtkp 2011-10-01 09:43

Congratulations to Kawahara-sensei for his two light novels to have their anime adaptations respectively.

Me: HELL YEAH!! SAO get an anime!!!!!

Hope that it will not be ZEXEC who would be the anime studio for SAO. ZEXEC had literally destroyed the Asura Cryin' series.

larethian 2011-10-01 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomtkp (Post 3787334)
Congratulations to Kawahara-sensei for his two light novels to have their anime adaptations respectively.

Me: HELL YEAH!! SAO get an anime!!!!!

Hope that it will not be ZEXEC who would be the anime studio for SAO. ZEXEC had literally destroyed the Asura Cryin' series.

It's Seven Arcs that did Asura Cryin'. Like stuopidget said, I don't remember seeing Zexcs with any Dengeki Bunko's light novels. But both SAO and Accel World would probably get the same studio.

In fact, Dengeki doesn't have that many fantasy series compared to Fujimi. The closest one that can be considered as a modern fantasy would be Shana, I think.

tomtkp 2011-10-01 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 3787340)
It's Seven Arcs that did Asura Cryin'. Like stuopidget said, I don't remember seeing Zexcs with any Dengeki Bunko's light novels. But both SAO and Accel World would probably get the same studio.

Sorry for my mistake. Maybe I got too excited that I got the wrong anime studio for Asura Cryin' series. It's indeed Seven Arcs who did Asura Cryin' series. But I do know that ZEXCS did Itsu Ten anime.

larethian 2011-10-01 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomtkp (Post 3787349)
Sorry for my mistake. Maybe I got too excited that I got the wrong anime studio for Asura Cryin' series. It's indeed Seven Arcs who did Asura Cryin' series. But I do know that ZEXCS did Itsu Ten anime.

Itsuten is from Fujimi Shobou who already have a ton of my favorites destroyed by Zexcs.
/Rage :mad:

com_gwp 2011-10-01 09:58

Yes Yes Yes! I've been pining for a SAO adaptation ever since I finished the first novel, and its finally happening! Oh man please don't let it suck :D

kresslia 2011-10-01 10:50

Well, this is weird. Just yesterday I discovered this LN on myanimelist and was intrigued by it, wishing it had an anime.

Hell_ping 2011-10-01 11:00

What's the company that did the /hack series?

MisaoFan 2011-10-01 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 3787340)

In fact, Dengeki doesn't have that many fantasy series compared to Fujimi. The closest one that can be considered as a modern fantasy would be Shana, I think.

Zexcs already produced a Dengeki title entitled Wagaiya no Oinari-sama

Allen 2011-10-01 11:45

Nice to see the "ultimate weapon" from dengeki getting an anime. Finally got a motivation to read this series :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh_Ping (Post 3787445)
What's the company that did the /hack series?

Bee Train.

tomtkp 2011-10-01 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen (Post 3787516)
Nice to see the "ultimate weapon" from dengeki getting an anime. Finally got a motivation to read this series :D

May I ask why SAO is dubbed the "ultimate weapon" of Dengeki Bunko? (not that I doubt SAO popularity in Japan)

Allen 2011-10-01 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomtkp (Post 3787637)
May I ask why SAO is dubbed the "ultimate weapon" of Dengeki Bunko? (not that I doubt SAO popularity in Japan)

Because it's the biggest title in terms of sales (and popularity?) in Dengeki Bunko that still didn't have an anime. As an example the last volume sold 86k and that's a lot for LNs.