AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   anime like kenichi the mightiest disciple? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=84999)

esmon 2009-08-10 03:29

anime like kenichi the mightiest disciple?

erm.. any anime tht is similier to kenichi the mightiest disciple? its something like teaching martial arts?:confused:

Saleh 2009-08-10 03:55

You might like Hajime No Ippo, Tenjho Tenge, Naruto, Bleach, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Ikkitousen, Dragon Ball. All of them are similar to Kenichi but Tenjho Tenge might be what you are looking for.

esmon 2009-08-10 05:23

o.o oh ok.. sure... naruto bleach ikkitousen i finished it. any more recos?

Niji 2009-08-10 05:38

Shura no Toki - follows 3 generations of outstanding martial artists. It is not about the teaching of martial arts though, they are already masters when we meet them.

Sackett 2009-08-10 07:52

Umm... Ranma 1/2?

That's the only martial arts centered one I really can think of, and it's more of a parody.

Bamboo Blade is about Kendo... if that counts

CeDeR 2009-08-10 11:16

There is nothing like Kenichi...but you should watch Hajime no ippo (its way better IMO)It has 2 seasons and a couple of ovas plus a third season coming.

qwertyuiopz 2009-08-10 15:03

tenjho tenge

Saber Cherry 2009-08-11 03:19

Try Hunter x Hunter. It's better than most of the Bleach/Naruto/etc shounen stuff, partly because the characters are a bit deeper (and some are scary-psychotic).

Also try the Kenichi manga, which is better than the anime.

esmon 2009-08-13 08:17

oh... sad .. any more martial arts type? ahh wait. i also like the type like training real hard just to get something OR the main character is a total failure until he met someone that will change his life. lyk the hajime no ippo?

esmon 2009-08-14 12:17

come on == anymore suggestions?... real funny comedy anime is good too == lyk GTO?

Saber Cherry 2009-08-14 14:30

Muteki Kanban Musume (aka Noodle Fighter Miki). Martial arts / comedy. I found it funnier than GTO (a lot shorter, though).

And try reading the Angel Densetsu manga; it's hilarious (martial arts / comedy). There's also a really good short manga, Ultra Red (not comedy).

And I'll second Sackett's suggestion of Ranma 1/2 for martial arts / comedy. For non-comedic series, there's also Berserk, and maybe Rurouni Kenshin. Not really much like Kenichi, but they do focus on martial arts (primarily with swords).

Jyūshin Enbu - Hero Tales is decent, with a lot of martial arts action.

But if you really want truly amazing martial arts that makes you want to rewatch scenes in slow motion, I'd have to go with Seirei no Moribito.

ShadowClone 2009-08-22 12:37

The two seasons of Grappler Baki should fit your bill, although here, he trains because he needs to defeat/prove himself/get revenge and/or respect (yes, ALL of those) from someone. It also has many styles of martial arts represented, just like Kenichi. :)

TCman 2009-08-22 15:05

Personally, I like Air Master despite the somewhat silly (and sometimes funny which was quite nice) plot and mediocre character design, but the fight scenes are quite good. The ED song/video is so hilariously funny.

You can also try out Saint Seiya (tv series inc. OVA's).

esmon 2009-08-23 06:16

Hmm, can I request that the show must be at least 26eps+ ? Cause if it is like 13 or 12 episodes, I don't really want to watch it ...

incube 2009-08-23 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by esmon (Post 2599004)
Hmm, can I request that the show must be at least 26eps+ ? Cause if it is like 13 or 12 episodes, I don't really want to watch it ...

well there are not many manga / animes similar to kenichi to start so... there is a manga were the protagonist starts learning martial arts from scratch "Shamo" but it isnt a comedy like Kenichi...

Timdog 2009-08-23 17:09

Definitely Hajime no Ippo. Besides having great fights (which also use some semi-realistic tactics), it also has great comedy (the movie has my favorite scene during the arm wrestling match). Each opponent is a little different and each fight really builds on the previous. Plus Ippo ends up using the best knockout combination ever.

newsbinreporter 2009-08-24 23:03

Yes, Ippo, one of the best anime ever made.

Sumomomo Momomo has the same light hearted comedy kung fu style though a lot more skin is shown from the female characters. A total of 22 eps.