AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hokuto Musou (Koei Finally Expanding?) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=87397)

Kaioshin Sama 2009-10-15 19:12

Hokuto Musou (Koei Finally Expanding?)

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/372...bbingenemy.jpg

Well it looks like Koei is finally tiring of the Romance of The Kingdoms and Sengoku era's and has decided that it's Musou engine can be used with other popular franchises to bring a new twist to the whole beating up a 1000 mans theme. Gundam was the first start, but I can't think of a much better decision to carry the trend with than to marry it with Hokuto No Ken which a franchise literally centred around one big beefy guy beating up countless other big beefy guys. Supposedly they are also doing a Troy Musou now too which will carry the heroic legends like Achilles, Paris and Hector among others. Man Koei, I know we've had a rough relationship, but if you keep hitting all my weakpoints like gar heroes like this then I think soon all might be forgiven. Barring a crappy game of course.

Spoiler for Some other screenshots and character:

I'm kind of surprised not to see Shin yet, but I guess he'll show up in a future screenshot.

Yu Ominae 2009-10-15 19:30

I wonder if Yuria can be a playable character? :D

I told my bro about this and he was bloody excited about it.

SonOfHeaven 2009-10-15 22:27

Alot of my friends are excited for this. Koei has always been one of my favorite game companies along with Arc Systems. An Dynasty Warriors type game with Hokuto no Ken is made of win.

Von Himmel 2009-10-16 01:13

Not a fan for Hokuto no Ken (...no, I lied. Actually, I'm a fan. But you can't call a fan who haven't seen even one episode of the anime itself, right ? >_>;;), but this looks intresting. Especially the graphics.

kenjiharima 2009-10-16 11:45

Oh Finally! The Hokuto No Ken many wanted. Hmm...though it seems similar to the one that was canceled the online one. Though here the graphics are cool and the characters here are "UPDATED" in design.

P.S.

YURIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~~~!!!!!! *manly tears*

ZODDGUTS 2009-10-16 15:49

Saw the live event when they show this game, the A.I. is dumber than bricks another words just like the other Musou games.

yezhanquan 2009-10-17 04:15

The concept with Musou games at higher levels is to play dodgeball. At higher difficulties, they just tune the damage. The AI for generals is slightly better. Slightly.

Regardless, the grinder in me is looking forward to this.

C.A. 2009-10-17 04:21

Personally I never liked the new Hokuto no Ken series, they messed up the original story and they actually look less manly.

Raoh is looking even less manly in this game as well, where is his wrinkly frowning face? There's also no ferocity and intensity in his eyes.

EvilMonkzilla 2009-10-17 09:56

being a fan of the dynasty warriors series and Hokuto no Ken its like a dream come true :D

Statonxyb 2009-10-17 11:51

I guess they got tired of regurgitating the same Dynasty Warrior game every six months to a year. :p

Looks interesting.

Kaioshin Sama 2009-10-18 04:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by yezhanquan (Post 2711325)
The concept with Musou games at higher levels is to play dodgeball. At higher difficulties, they just tune the damage. The AI for generals is slightly better. Slightly.

Regardless, the grinder in me is looking forward to this.

If I recall generals are pretty much the only things on the map in Musou games that actually make any significant effort to try and attack you. Most of the common soldiers tend to just crowd around and maybe attack you slowly and one at a time if you happen to be right next to them and not moving, which is a rarity. Though on the odd occassion where the pawn soldiers AI actually does activate it can be troublesome.

patnam 2009-10-18 07:04

this time no weapons but BARE HANDS?!

Duo Maxwell 2009-10-18 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 2713431)
If I recall generals are pretty much the only things on the map in Musou games that actually make any significant effort to try and attack you. Most of the common soldiers tend to just crowd around and maybe attack you slowly and one at a time if you happen to be right next to them and not moving, which is a rarity. Though on the odd occassion where the pawn soldiers AI actually does activate it can be troublesome.

Although the AI need some improving, you don't want each and everyone of them has Ninja Gaiden 2's AI :heh:.

Yorae_paladin1 2009-10-18 12:00

theres also a strong chance it might coming to US as well can't wait

yezhanquan 2009-10-18 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 2713671)
Although the AI need some improving, you don't want each and everyone of them has Ninja Gaiden 2's AI :heh:.

Oh, that will be a nightmare. Besides, Musou games are never stealth-based. You go in, and beat someone up.

kenjiharima 2009-10-19 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by patnam (Post 2713571)
this time no weapons but BARE HANDS?!

That's how real men fight. Like Metal Gear Solid series, end boss fights except for Raiden and Naked Snake. No weapons just a kick ass fight. Hope there will be no too much high jumping here like in the PSone fighting game version. Hope also older Bato and Non-Loli Lin would be playable, if they go to HNK2 arc story.

Duo Maxwell 2009-10-19 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by yezhanquan (Post 2714841)
Oh, that will be a nightmare. Besides, Musou games are never stealth-based. You go in, and beat someone up.

Well....Ninja Gaiden has never been a stealth-based game ever. I was just talking about the cheap-ass AI.

yezhanquan 2009-10-20 09:17

Er, I always thought that being a ninja = stealthy, or at least not charge into combat ala Musou style.

Duo Maxwell 2009-10-20 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by yezhanquan (Post 2717579)
Er, I always thought that being a ninja = stealthy, or at least not charge into combat ala Musou style.

Not in case of Ninja Gaiden series. It was once being compared with Devil May Cry for a reason, you know. :heh:

But let's not derail this thread.

yezhanquan 2009-10-20 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 2717599)
Not in case of Ninja Gaiden series. It was once being compared with Devil May Cry for a reason, you know. :heh:

....Ok.

Anyway, on DMC, I wonder if Hokuto Musou will be "stylish" in that way.