AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Sora Kake (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Sora Kake - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=78736)

monir 2009-03-03 17:59

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Sora Kake here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads

Midonin 2009-03-03 18:25

To get this thread rolling, a quick recap for everything Sora Kake music related up to now.

ALI PROJECT's OP, quite nice for the show. The B-side, "Kishi Otome", was recently used in episode 9 for the ending theme.

The ED is catchy, cute and chibi. Also has the Sora Kake Radio OP sung by MAKO.

Akiha's character song, "YURA-YURA-DREAMER", recently released. Techno beat and a nice job by MAKO. Itsuki's and Honoka's hit shelves in two weeks.

New OP, "Miracle Fly" by Minami Kuribayashi and ED, "Espacio" by Ceui appeared online a few days ago, to be released at the end of April and end of May respectively.

Music by JAM Project, first OST hits at the end of the month.

Whew.

C.A. 2009-03-03 18:31

The OP is definitely a winner, even Kaioshin had a better impression of Ali Project now.

Akiha's chara song was pretty nice, I prefer the original ED sung by all 3 of them though. MAKO sounds pretty nice alone, but someone, probably Endo Aya, gave the original version a softer effect at parts and sounds better.

Cat Megex 2009-03-03 18:46

Ah, I hadn't realized that the ED single B-side was the OP for the radio show.

Anyway, to partly repeat myself from what is now the general thread: I wonder which had a larger influence on the choice of Minami Kuribayashi for the second OP; the fact that she did the OPs for My-HiME and My-Otome, or the fact that she did the first ED for the Super Robot Wars anime that I just learned exists (and which I now have to watch due to the SRW aspect as well as the fact that it has a bunch of voice actors I like, including [but not limited to] Norio Wakamoto, Mugihito, and Tomokazu Sugita).

C.A. 2009-03-03 18:49

Yea actually the first thing that came to my mind when I saw Minami Kuribayashi for the OP was SRW: Divine Wars.

She sung the ED, wasn't too spectacular but was still pretty nice. I'm not sure if she got the OP2 for Sorakake for that though.

And yea, the only Minami Kuribayashi song I heard before was the SRW: DW ED.

Fishfood1 2009-03-03 18:58

i'm surprised by the 1st OP by ali project... it gotten me

but then again their song does fit this show for the silly reasons :heh:

the 1st ED was definitely fun, and very catchy

qmeister 2009-03-03 19:11

The OP was probably chosen for it's campy feel. The lyrics are so cheesy, yet absolutely perfect for this show. ALI Project does a good job, with their usual over-the-top-ness and that trademark backing music.

The ED is fun, but I found it skippable when I'm watching the eps. Haven't been able to find either single yet.

PzIVf3 2009-03-03 19:39

Yura Yura Dreamer
Artist by mako
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCz7rry4jKc

KiNA 2009-03-03 21:33

I dont care what everyone thought of Ali's project. When I saw the OP is by them, i was jumping like monkey lol. The ED, while I admit very catchy, took longer to sink in.

The OP by Minami Kuribayashi? Its the same as MaiHime OP/Ed right? then maybe 2nd OP would take longer to sink in lol.

Fishfood1 2009-03-03 21:34

^was there a 2nd OP during episode 9? i don't remember too much since that episode fried 10% of my braincells :heh:

Midonin 2009-03-03 21:38

No, the second OP hasn't begun yet, and won't for awhile.

But recent online stores have revealed that Minami will be doing the second OP when it debuts.

But there was a new ED in episode 9. "Kishi Otome", the B-side from the OP single, was used as the ED for the not-as-we-know-them baseball fest.

Kana Futayo 2009-03-07 07:45

Kawai Honoka's character song will be released on 03/11/09
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=LACM-4577

I honestly can't wait to get my hands on it myself. :meh:

Sixth 2009-03-08 01:26

The best song is the Rara Eva of the Opening theme.

It is made of win ! My favorite opening for this season.

Midonin 2009-03-13 09:25

Itsuki's "Ruri-iro no Gyakkou" is pretty nice. Probably my favorite of the character songs. Aya Endo's got a good voice, and the song's tune is pretty nice too. Honoka's "Moroi Mirai Kirai" is the most mellow of the three songs, and Yui Makino does a nice job with it. This is the first time I've heard her singing outside of ARIA theme songs, and I like it.

C.A. 2009-03-13 10:41

I haven't heard the songs yet, but everyone should listen to Makino's NHK's ED2, Modokashii Sekai no Ue de. One of the best ED I've ever heard, especially when it refers back to the show itself, depressing yet beautiful.

Tokkan 2009-03-13 10:51

Mellow... well, I guess in the sense of "slow and calm" it's mellow. It's not really mellow in the "laid back and detached from strife" sense, though. I can also find several instances in Honoka's song that seem to be references to Akiha. I was pleasently surprised that the other versions of Uchuu was Shoujo no Tomodachi Saa have different instrumentations (with the except of Akiha's which has the same as the ED version)

Midonin 2009-03-13 11:09

The remixes were a pleasant surprise. Akiha's had me thinking that all of them were just going to be simple solos.

SaintessHeart 2009-03-14 01:33

EDIT : Listened. Both of them are not bad.

MoroiMiraiKirai is just cute lyrics with a dark alice undertone. Itsuki's theme is just as expected from Tatsh. The latter might make an appearance in the next version of Beatmania IIDX.

And Honoka's version of Uchuu wa Shoujo No Tomadachi is so cuddly.

Cat Megex 2009-03-14 03:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 2271692)
EDIT : Listened. Both of them are not bad.

MoroiMiraiKirai is just cute lyrics with a dark alice undertone. Itsuki's theme is just as expected from Tatsh. The latter might make an appearance in the next version of Beatmania IIDX.

And Honoka's version of Uchuu wa Shoujo No Tomadachi is so cuddly.

...Yui Makino's voice in general is totally cuddly. I mean, it just gives you the feeling of cuddling with a big, fluffy pillow, doesn't it?

SaintessHeart 2009-03-14 03:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat Megex (Post 2271816)
...Yui Makino's voice in general is totally cuddly. I mean, it just gives you the feeling of cuddling with a big, fluffy pillow, doesn't it?

Totally. Though Cardcaptor Sakura doesn't give the same vibes. Well this is what she said at the start of her sound cinema...

Spoiler for spoiler + extreme moe and cuteness:

If I have time I will translate it along with her song. :p