AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Devil Survivor 2 - Weekly Episode Comparison to the Game (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=119309)

Shadow5YA 2013-07-06 13:21

Most, if not all of the MC's dialogue options are still better than what Hibiki did in the anime.

You could say the same for a number of other characters as well. Daichi proved to be more useful no matter what you do, and Io was a much stronger character in the games, even if you let her die after channeling Lugh.

eiyuu99 2013-07-06 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Post 4749073)
Ah damn posting from phone again anyway... The players can choose to be a troll. They can also choose to be completely serious, highly oblivious, a joker, a killjoy, a professional, a worrywart, cool as cucumber, openly perverted, borderline homo and anything really. They can choose to get Makoto killed and then join Meritocracy. They can kill Alcor in one path while making him the god in other. They can choose between becoming Yamato's bff\dragon and casually shrugging off his death. They can be the shining strong willed heroes with defined ideals anywhere between blindly optimistic and world of cardboard. They can also become gigantic hypocrites with no semblence of consistency. The so called REAL game personality is nothing more than what that particular player prefers to see him as. There's no actual CHARACTER here and the closest we'll ever get is whatever the Break Record extra route's foregone conclusion will IMPLY the most. So help me god next time someone compares Hibiki and the "canon" protagonist I'll go strong breaker. I don't dislike the options game gives me but they're just that. Options. And for that matter, what's to say his behavior would've been all that different from the popular one in a saner, well written game verse where Yamato had some tact, sense and affability.

You just agreed that Hibiki can choose and he can choose to be a troll. You should cut down on your rage goggles over this fixation on headcanon.

By the way, Strong Breaker boss can be OHKO in new game cycle, so is that supposed to amuse me?

Angelic Cross 2013-07-06 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Post 4749073)
Ah damn posting from phone again anyway... The players can choose to be a troll. They can also choose to be completely serious, highly oblivious, a joker, a killjoy, a professional, a worrywart, cool as cucumber, openly perverted, borderline homo and anything really. They can choose to get Makoto killed and then join Meritocracy. They can kill Alcor in one path while making him the god in other. They can choose between becoming Yamato's bff\dragon and casually shrugging off his death. They can be the shining strong willed heroes with defined ideals anywhere between blindly optimistic and world of cardboard. They can also become gigantic hypocrites with no semblence of consistency. The so called REAL game personality is nothing more than what that particular player prefers to see him as. There's no actual CHARACTER here and the closest we'll ever get is whatever the Break Record extra route's foregone conclusion will IMPLY the most. So help me god next time someone compares Hibiki and the "canon" protagonist I'll go strong breaker. I don't dislike the options game gives me but they're just that. Options. And for that matter, what's to say his behavior would've been all that different from the popular one in a saner, well written game verse where Yamato had some tact, sense and affability.

Cry more. I'm going to keep comparing Hibiki to the options provided by the game. And those options are a lot better than what the anime gave us.

Dengar 2013-07-07 04:57

The options aren't a character though. So the game's MC can't qualify for being the better "character" by virtue of not being a character.