AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=94419)

duckroll 2010-06-07 04:00

Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

Star Driver - Radiant Takuto

http://www.aniplex.co.jp/lineup/anim...img/keyv_m.jpg

Original Work/Production: BONES
Director: Takuya Igarashi
Script: Yoji Enokido
Original Character Designs: Misa Mizuya and Hiroka Mizuya
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Yoshiyuki Ito
Music: Satoru Kousaki
Official Site: http://www.star-driver.net/

BONES doing a new mecha anime! Ooooooh! I wonder if the staff indicates that this is a C Studio production, while B Studio is doing Gosick. That would be an odd.... swap. Star Driver's official site (which isn't open yet) is registered by Aniplex btw.

Shiroth 2010-06-07 04:17

Loving the look of it going by the scan, and Satoru Kousaki is a great choice to score a mecha anime. Can't wait to learn more about this one.

duckroll 2010-06-07 05:39

Seems I made a mistake with the title. I shouldn't have translated Takuto, since it's the main character's name. Lol. :(

Arabesque 2010-06-07 06:20

Hmm, staff looks promising, and the design for the mecha is very fresh, but there's this one thing that's bugging me
Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 3081876)
Seems I made a mistake with the title. I shouldn't have translated Takuto, since it's the main character's name. Lol. :(

...so the guy's called Radiant Wand? :heh:

BluWacky 2010-06-07 06:36

Ooooh, Igarashi, Enokido and Ito working together again (with Ito doing the full animation director duties too - has he done a whole TV show before?). I hope Enokido can pull some decent (or at least weird) writing out the bag to go along with the standard Bones animation awesomeness.

Back in October duck reported that C Studio were supposed to be working on a Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer adaptation with Igarashi and Ito involved. I guess this was their project instead?

Looking forward to both this and Gosick.

duckroll 2010-06-07 06:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluWacky (Post 3081919)
Ooooh, Igarashi, Enokido and Ito working together again (with Ito doing the full animation director duties too - has he done a whole TV show before?). I hope Enokido can pull some decent (or at least weird) writing out the bag to go along with the standard Bones animation awesomeness.

Back in October duck reported that C Studio were supposed to be working on a Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer adaptation with Igarashi and Ito involved. I guess this was their project instead?

Looking forward to both this and Gosick.

Back in October when I posted the rumor, I specifically stated that it was merely hearsay, and that I didn't think it had much weight behind it. So yeah, I think we can disregard that entire batch of rumors.

With A Studio and D Studio still busy with Heroman and FMA:B respectively, it looks likely that in the near future we're looking at Gosick from B Studio and Star Driver from C Studio.

duckroll 2010-06-07 07:39

The site is UP.

Edit:

I'm kinda scared now. The official site says this is BONES' Gakuen Robot Action series.

Yeah, Igarashi directing makes perfect sense now, and it's definitely C Studio. The question is whether this will be better than Geass. :/

aardvark 2010-06-07 07:57

I dont see how it can possibly be worse than Geass :P

duckroll 2010-06-07 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by aardvark (Post 3082010)
I dont see how it can possibly be worse than Geass :P

Soul Eater was worse than Geass! So's Heroman. :(

:( :( :( :(

I'm really sad now.

7Th 2010-06-07 08:12

Unlike BoreMan and Slow Eater, StarDriver is being written by Yoji Enokido; I see no reasons why this would be as bad as those two.

duckroll 2010-06-07 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7Th (Post 3082037)
Unlike BoreMan and Slow Eater, StarDriver is being written by Yoji Enokido; I see no reasons why this would be as bad as those two.

Oh of course. But I'm just pointing out BONES' track record is kinda iffy right now. :(

Raiza Sunozaki 2010-06-07 09:02

So this is an original work from BONES? If so, excellent. I've been deprived of original anime with good plots for a while.

_gallo_ 2010-06-07 10:39

I, for one, think that the premises look really good. I love Igarashi's direction, especially combined with Enokido's writing. They worked together on Utena, and under Bones patronage on Ouran whose ep 13 was one of the best BONES' episode imho. It' s true that Igarashi also directed Soul Eater, but I think the main problem of that anime was that it followed the mediocre manga panel by panel almost till the end. While the source material was really bad, in terms of both animation and direction it was a solid production.
Here all depends on how good the original idea is, but to be honest I'm slightly confident it will be solid (damn! At least this must be good!).
Also, when I first looked at the mecha design I thought "Mamoru Nagano" which is a good thing, at least for me.
The only thing which left me a bit meh is the character design by two female designer. It could be too much bi-shonen alike.

Haohmaru 2010-06-07 11:28

I don't like the mecha design (what you can see of it) at all. The neck is way too long and the shape of it's face is meh. I don't care much for mecha. I'd rather they try some other genre. But I guess BONES is scared after how Ayakashi Ayashi failed.

Kanon 2010-06-07 11:47

Now this looks promising. Still not so sure about the mecha design, but there's pretty much no way it can be worse than Heroman.

fertygo 2010-06-07 11:52

TBH, Heroman make me feel creeps about this project :((
I can't believe I can feel like that to BONES.
God... at least it on par with Xam'd please...

7Th 2010-06-07 11:53

Akatsuki Yamatoya was the cancer that killed Soul Eater and Heroman, since he isn't present in Star Driver I don't think we have to worry about its quality that much.

BluWacky 2010-06-07 13:50

The image caption, for anyone who cares, means something like "A Gallant Entrance, A Galactic Hunk" (well, it's bishounen, you all know what I mean...). Appeal for all genders?

I love that mecha design, but I'm not a fan of the chunky sci-fi style mecha; I like them to look weird and organic/fantastical.

pulpwin 2010-06-07 18:21

Losing a lot of faith in BONES as of late, when's the redemption. Star Driver is that you?! :O

Master Anime 2010-06-07 19:00

Please don't disappoint me again bones
I don't want this show turn out to be another crap like heroman