AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What do I buy my gf for christmas? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=24887)

Jonte 2004-12-06 19:15

What do I buy my girlfriend for christmas?

Ok so it might not be the best thing to ask over a forum, but I just need some ideas. It's soon christmas and I need to get her something nice/thoughtful..

I asked some friends they said get perfume or some jewelry, well Im no good at perfume and she doesnt really use jewelry even though I dont think she would be dissapointed if she did get some.

Im pretty low on cash atm so my budget is about $50 but I guess I could go to about $100 if it was something good really worth it..

So people, whats a good present, and if you are a girlfriend, what would you want?

I know it's the thought that counts and so on but I really dont know what to get without it beeing really cheesy or too "cheap".

Yamano667 2004-12-06 19:33

umm ....buy some nice diamonds ..girls love diamond ^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonte
Ok so it might not be the best thing to ask over a forum, but I just need some ideas. It's soon christmas and I need to get her something nice/thoughtful..

I asked some friends they said get perfume or some jewelry, well Im no good at perfume and she doesnt really use jewelry even though I dont think she would be dissapointed if she did get some.

Im pretty low on cash atm so my budget is about $50 but I guess I could go to about $100 if it was something good really worth it..

So people, whats a good present, and if you are a girlfriend, what would you want?

I know it's the thought that counts and so on but I really dont know what to get without it beeing really cheesy or too "cheap".

Robocop 2004-12-06 19:36

Quote:

EDIBLE PANTIES!!!

Jonte 2004-12-06 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamano667
umm ....buy some nice diamonds ..girls love diamond ^^

yeah, I'll barely get diamond dust for $50 :P

7thMethuselah 2004-12-06 19:54

buy her something anime related :)

On the other hand you could take her out on a short trip, a relax trip for a day or two in some sauna and massage center, it may sound weird but you'll find yourself in heaven for a day or two and your gf will love it, however 100 $ won't be enough ...

if you go for a real present : you could always make something yourself, I discovered girls love that, I myself did that a few times. Believe a handmade item can be worth alot to a girl, it's cheap in $ but expensive in time, and it shows how much you care.

Green² 2004-12-06 20:55

A self-vasectomy is usually the way to go these days. Some people will even give them away for free. And who knows,.. she may even love you for it. :)

Spoiler for coupon: Buy one, get the second off free...:

LIQUIDCELL 2004-12-06 20:56

It depends on how long you two have been goin' out. (comfort zone)
But it sounds like not that long---since you feel the need to impress her.

No worries.

Something crafty and artistic, like what 7thMeth said, always work for the romantic type. If she likes to write, make one of those antique looking scroll for a diary....or whatever.

If you don't want to be stressed out and just want ready-made, a Chanel perfume is a safe choice.

But then again, it all depends on her personality. She might be sending you some vague signs already as to what she really wish for....

Good luck!

raikage 2004-12-06 23:54

Crafty and artistic - perhaps an origami flower?

NinjaServ 2004-12-07 00:44

How about you get her a flavored condom :D

lol, jk

Seriously tho, my bro was always the master at thoughtful gifts, just find some small not normally thought of thing like a kids book or something and link it to something in your relationship, makes the girls think you thoughtful and sweet ;)

mememe 2004-12-07 01:12

well this is what u do make her feel special and i don't mean being over romantic by reading her poems but make her feel appreciated to a woman it never really the gift that counts (unless it is very very wrong for the intended woman) but the lead up to the gift . Might I suggest flowers and I also second making something but since no one has suggested what to make I would go for making dinner or some kind of charm or maybe make or buy a photoframe with a picture of u two in it.

HoboGod 2004-12-07 01:47

Girls love clothes. Find something in her favorite color and a pretty design....or even a matchng outfit. Get one of her friends to help you pick it out if you are clueless about clothes.

ZhanDVG 2004-12-07 02:43

Umm... get her something she'd like. Really simple as that.

First off, crap like chocolates and jewelry and perfume and diamonds are worthless. (In fact, stay away from diamonds period.) Seriously, unless she's a big conneseur of any of those, those types of presents are almost like saying "Hello, I don't know you well enough to get you anything thoughtful." And really, if she were a big conneseur of, say, jewelry, I don't think you'd be able to get anything that'd interest her much on such a budget anyway. (Unless she's a fan of the kind that comes in plastic bubbles :P)

Anyway, you're her boyfriend, unless you started going out right before you made this topic, you'd know better than us what to get her. Given the circumstance, I'll assume that you've been going out for a fair amount of time, so... in all the time you've spent with her, conversed with her (you two DO converse, right? I mean, you're not in it just for the privelages, are you? If that were the case flavoured connies might not be that bad an idea :P) you have to have picked up on what her interests are, what she'd want? 'Something anime related' wouldn't be that bad of an idea... if she too liked anime. (And of course something related to one she liked) Basically, just go with what she likes and run with that.

And just to give the present's presentation more oomph, precede it, as a joke, with an awful gift...

...like flavoured connies. ;v

Xie 2004-12-07 02:55

First off glad to see someone mention the evil of diamonds.

As for a gift depends on her interests and what she's into. I will say one of the greatest gifts my husband gave me was a mix CD he made of all love songs where he actually spent the time looking for love songs that speak to our relationship and from all sorts of bands that I like.

Doing something unexpected is usually a good way to go also. A dinner at a really nice restaurant or going ice skating or a picnic at a park or just cooking a really romantic dinner.

Jonte 2004-12-07 04:16

Thanks for a great replies, all of you.

This is basicly what I was thinking (ZhanDVG's reply + others), cliché stuff like that is cheesy and wont be nice unless you spend alot. I need to get her something that she would appreciate for the thought and effort more than the usefulness and price. And yes we do converse, alot of the time in 4-5 hour long telefon calls that pretty much kill me through the phone bill (but what the heck, it's damn worth it!), so I dont think those flavoured connies are a winner ;P
She isn't an anime maniac like myself though she does enjoy watching some of them in my company now and then, but I dont think a rare import dvd would do anything special. She likes clothes, watching movies & psychology. But buying her the latest fashion in clothes would be the more another mindless gift, plus I would most likely get the one she wanted the least in the store. (Even though I'm sure she'd like it just because I picked it out.) So I guess my best bet is making something or putting down time on something, I'm not really that good at anything except several computer areas, and I dont really think that would be right. ("Hey honey, here's the source-code for my latest project, it's yours!" or "Merry christmas, hope you enjoy my latest weapon model!")

I did get a top grade in my art class last year though, maybe I should draw something, like a portrait of her for example. I don't know if I would be so happy if I got one from myself but she might, so what do you think, even if I'm no great artists I would atleast set down a number of hours drawing her, do you think that would work? maybe combine it with a frame or some music cd?

diabolistic 2004-12-07 12:13

go to your local craft store, spend about 10-15 bucks on some crystal beads, and make her a bracelet or something

WORKS EVERYTIME

just don't forget to buy the clasps :P

Alexcha17 2004-12-07 17:56

Buy her very expensive jewels. 200 carat diamonds and a large Mansion with 10 cars in it. if you can afford it! Tis da bezt gift in christmas

boneyjellyfish 2004-12-07 18:20

Buy her a BREAD-MAKING MACHINE!

Or get her some of those socks with the individual toes. Bonus points if they have nice colors.

7thMethuselah 2004-12-07 19:41

Quote:

She likes clothes, watching movies & psychology. But buying her the latest fashion in clothes would be the more another mindless gift, plus I would most likely get the one she wanted the least in the store. (Even though I'm sure she'd like it just because I picked it out.)

A good idea would be to go shopping with her, girls love to go shopping, especially with their bf, that is if he is enthousiastic. So you'd have to be enthousiastic and staying that way during the entire afternoon can be quite a challenge :D But it is a guaranteed succes, and afterwards take her to a Christmas market or something to drink some wine.

Quote:

So I guess my best bet is making something or putting down time on something, I'm not really that good at anything except several computer areas, and I dont really think that would be right. ("Hey honey, here's the source-code for my latest project, it's yours!" or "Merry christmas, hope you enjoy my latest weapon model!")

I did get a top grade in my art class last year though, maybe I should draw something, like a portrait of her for example. I don't know if I would be so happy if I got one from myself but she might, so what do you think, even if I'm no great artists I would atleast set down a number of hours drawing her, do you think that would work? maybe combine it with a frame or some music cd?

I've did this several time (I always tried to be original if possible) and believe me, the thought is more powerful than the quality. Although a drawing might be risky :D For example I made a URL=http://www.paravent-art.de/2002101.html]paravent[/URL] once in which I had build in space to put pictures (12 pictures in that example). I'm pretty sure there is something your gf mentioned that she likes that must be buildable :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish

I give up, against such a suggestion I cannot compete :D

Tabiree 2004-12-08 06:23

Quote:

You made this thread to say that you have a girlfriend, when it is plainly obvious that,

1. Girls do not use the Internet,

2. People who are on the Internet do not talk to Girls.

Vicious cycle, but you should probably stop lying to yourself.

(PS I agree, just take her shopping and throw a few hundred bucks her way. Occasionally comment so it seems like you give a shit :) )

Animizzle 2004-12-08 06:32

Don't buy anything at all, then make up some lame excuse and say your broke. Chicks dig that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish

Those bread making machines are really populair. Appareantly they rock. Your siggestion isn't that bad at all :)