AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Chuunibyou (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Anime General Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109231)

Tempester 2011-12-27 21:58

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Anime General Discussion

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/6461/40167l.jpg
Quote:

The anime studio Kyoto Animation (KyoAni) confirmed on Wednesday that an anime adaptation is in the works for the first volume of Tora Tora's Chūni-byō Demo Koi Shitai! (I Have Adolescent Delusions, But I Want to Love!) romance novel, and the novel's website began streaming a teaser video. The novel was one of the honorable mention recipients in the Novel category of the first Kyoto Animation Award program last year; no grand prizes were given in any category.

The comedian Hikaru Ijūin coined the term "chūni-byō" (literally, "middle-school second-grade disease") for adolescent thoughts that teenagers commonly have — especially delusions of grandeur or the belief that one is special compared to everyone else.

In the novel, Yuuta Togashi suffered from chuunibyou while he was in middle school. When he graduated, he put that dark history behind him and forgot about it... or he was supposed to. High school was smooth sailing and full of enjoyment - until an unavoidable sad event occurs. Yuuta is locked into a contract with Rikka Takanashi and his ordinary life will never be the same.

Kyoto Animation itself is publishing the novel with illustrations by studio animator Nozomi Ousaka.

link to original ANN article reflecting volume two content not being animated

winhlp32 2011-12-27 22:04

Guess this and Hyou-ka are the two 2012 projects for Kyoani. Can't wait for staff list to come out. Looks like their award contest did serve its purpose after all. I guess it'll be a while before this starts airing since Hyouka is in Spring, and Chunibyo only released its 2nd novel days ago.

Exciting times for Kyoani next year.

Pocari_Sweat 2011-12-27 22:12

Whats this? Kyoani doing more than 1 thing a year? :heh:

However, more slice of life stuff... :p. I also foresee, Haruhi and FMP fans creating another shitstorm over this :heh:

Flower 2011-12-27 22:20

Hmm ... I am curious about this one.

And huzzah for slice of life stuff! :p

Ithekro 2011-12-27 22:24

So one (previously illl) middle school guy gets stuck with two "crazy" girls. (Sounds like Kyon running into Haruhi and Tsuruya having an ego fight)

Will this be a short series (13 episode) or a feature film?

Chaos2Frozen 2011-12-27 22:24

Well fuck me sideways Marget, KyoAni doing two shows in one year?! This truly is the End Times :eyespin: !

But the hell? They could at least wait till it has abit more content than just two volumes :heh: But then again, KyoAni excels when it comes to materials with limited contents...

EDIT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithekro (Post 3921596)
So one (previously illl) middle school guy gets stuck with two "crazy" girls. (Sounds like Kyon running into Haruhi and Tsuruya having an ego fight)

From the synopsis, one of them is already close enough to 'normalcy', the one he's dating- while the other one has her delusions running wild.

So it's basically a battle between the real world and the fantasy world :heh:

winhlp32 2011-12-27 22:29

"WHErE tHe *2^&%& iS mY LiTtLe BUUUSRTERRZ????!!!????"

Ithekro 2011-12-27 22:34

How long of a series would Little Busters need to be to tell the story? That is probably the answer to "where is it?"

Quote:

From the synopsis, one of them is already close enough to 'normalcy', the one he's dating- while the other one has her delusions running wild.

So it's basically a battle between the real world and the fantasy world :heh:
They is why I picked Haruhi and Tsuruya. Haruhi is the delusional one while Tsuruya is the more normal one....but basically the same....just different levels of the same crazy.

fertygo 2011-12-27 22:49

KyoAni is really becoming TYPE-MOON of anime industry. If anyone understand what its means.

OceanBlue 2011-12-27 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by fertygo (Post 3921624)
KyoAni is really becoming TYPE-MOON of anime industry. If anyone understand what its means.

You mean continuously putting out nothing but spin-offs of your established series while delaying new material?

I don't really see it.

Westlo 2011-12-27 23:13

It's not like KyoAni has any choice in the matter in regards to "that" established series.... that's all on the publisher.. same for that other KyoAni series people want to see continued....

Kaioshin Sama 2011-12-27 23:25

Quote:

The comedian Hikaru Ijūin coined the term "chūni-byō" (literally, "middle-school second-grade disease") for adolescent thoughts that teenagers commonly have — especially delusions of grandeur or the belief that one is special compared to everyone else.
So is this self parody by Kyoani? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by winhlp32 (Post 3921602)

Hahaha, okay now that's funny, but you forgot the part about "where's my new Full Metal Panic season Kyoani?" You need to do both or it's not a proper Kyoani series announcement thread. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 3921646)
It's not like KyoAni has any choice in the matter in regards to "that" established series.... that's all on the publisher.. same for that other KyoAni series people want to see continued....

Eh...these are the sort of things that happen when all of your hit franchises actually belong to someone else, the rug can get pulled out from under you very easily. It's true, really not a whole lot they can do about it except to try to create your own franchises (like they are doing here) or keep the ball running as long as possible like with K-On. Probably a smart move by them.

Akito Kinomoto 2011-12-27 23:52

...you know, this sounds an awful lot like Haruhi w/ romance. Except the series was already established and merged everything on its own, whereas this time KyoAni is creating a hybrid from scratch (apparently). Wonder how well that's going to work, but I'm not holding my breath. My faith in them is almost faithless.

zeniselv 2011-12-28 00:50

i really hope kyoani get back to the good times that ended with clannad as.

ninja_pintu 2011-12-28 01:14

So the main chara is already dating before the start of the series? Don't see that very often o_O
I'll be happy if they make this like Clannad without drama

Westlo 2011-12-28 01:25

Btw does anyone know which girl is Rikka Takanashi and which is Satone Shichimiya a.k.a. "Sophia Ring SP Saturn VII"?

Ithekro 2011-12-28 01:36

I'm guessing Satone Shichimiya "Sophia Ring SP Saturn VII" is the pink haired girl.

If so, Rikka Takanashi looks to have a medical patch over her right eye (you can see the straps in the drawing), so she's "Jaō Shingan" (True Eye of the Devil King), I think.

OceanBlue 2011-12-28 01:43

So basically, the two heroines are self-centered? Maybe even exaggeratedly so?

I hope that doesn't make them unlikeable or doesn't consume their personality. A big problem I find with self-centered heroines is that their lack of empathy or regard for other people make their personalities very unattractive. For me, the best way to go about it would be to have them have personalities tinted by "chūni-byō".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithekro (Post 3921799)
I'm guessing Satone Shichimiya "Sophia Ring SP Saturn VII" is the pink haired girl.

If so, Rikka Takanashi looks to have a medical patch over her right eye (you can see the straps in the drawing), so she's "Jaō Shingan" (True Eye of the Devil King), I think.

Thanks for this. I was about to ask about "Jaō Shingan" since it only appeared once.

Skyfall 2011-12-28 01:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja_pintu (Post 3921772)
So the main chara is already dating before the start of the series? Don't see that very often o_O
I'll be happy if they make this like Clannad without drama

Now I might be completely wrong here (as I know nothing of the source material and haven't looked in to it), but from the description I don't get the impression they are "seriously" dating. I would hazard a guess it's more of a surface thing for appearances (Because they thought dating is "cool" ? Or something else along such bizarre lines, why else call it a "contract"), rather than actual romance based on deep-seated feelings and attachment.

A sort of-joke gradually turning more serious with the second girl entering the fray, which should open all the usual worm cans associated with love triangles in the making. I certainly don't expect it to be even remotely close to Clannad in terms of themes and values, which was a show more about "family" than it was about romance or comedy.

At least that's the mental image I get from reading the synopsis.

Also, I second the emotional sentiment behind this:
Quote:

Originally Posted by winhlp32

Honoakari 2011-12-28 02:39

This was up on the KyoAni main site for a really long time, so it was pretty obvious that it would get an anime adaptation sooner or later.

Anyway, Takanashi Rikka's cuteness sends this anime straight into my "definitely watching" list. :D