AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Infinite Stratos (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Infinite Stratos - Requests for new threads (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=100900)

Daniel E. 2011-01-16 13:37

Infinite Stratos - Requests for new threads

Since the Infinite Stratos forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Infinite Stratos thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.

MeisterBabylon 2011-01-17 03:51

Could we have a fanfiction thread? For austerity before the yuri takes hold completely. :heh:

Ravenblitz 2011-01-17 08:07

could we have an IS suits/armor/technology discussion if its not redundant

I_am_Kami 2011-01-17 12:28

could we have a amv/music videos thread for the anime/novels please?

Belgaesh 2011-01-17 12:31

I think that is a little too soon, but could someone please create a character popularity poll.

CrowKenobi 2011-01-17 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_am_Kami (Post 3442654)
could we have a amv/music videos thread for the anime/novels please?

Music video thread created! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belgaesh (Post 3442656)
I think that is a little too soon, but could someone please create a character popularity poll.

Yes, it's a little too soon for such a thread and since IS is only one cour, I don't think that one will be created until the end of the series (besides, not everyone has been properly introduced yet! :p).

Belgaesh 2011-01-17 18:56

I'm gonna let the poll for later then.

But I think that a thread for Ichika's sister Chifuyu would be pleasently welcomed.

Klashikari 2011-01-17 19:23

Unless the anime covers her backstory a little more, I see no reason for Chifuyu to have any thread for the moment.
From the anime perspective, there is only that mention of Mondo Grosso competition and her stern attitude without much backstory whatsoever. So for the moment, it isn't really a good idea, as it will just attract discussions regarding LN material.

IronWarrior 2011-01-17 23:58

Ugh, I hate the idea of forums locking things like this.

But... I would like to request a new topic to discuss anime merchandise for Infinite Stratos since products are now available.

milan kyuubi 2011-01-18 01:14

^I think this thread is what you are looking for :)

Infinite Stratos - Merchandise (Figurines, Artbooks, DVDs, etc.)

Blue-Ultimate 2011-01-18 14:42

Wait since when do you have to ask if you want to make a tread... sigh

Well Asking for tread that says
'How would your personal IS be like'
of course ignoring the fact that it only works on girls... and ichika.

And if you want to tell how powerfull it you IS is with it's weapons

then use a points system to distribute the points over each weapon you have on your IS
Max. 5 points for Phase1
Max. 8 points for Phase2

Example for phase one
1.p Gauntlet blade
1.p Sub machine gun
3.p Area shockwave blast.

To have some fun comparing IS's with each other.

Daniel E. 2011-01-18 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronWarrior (Post 3443555)
Ugh, I hate the idea of forums locking things like this.

As you have just noticed, we limit thread creation in sub-forums to avoid having duplicate, extremely similar and/or pointless threads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue-Ultimate (Post 3444460)
Wait since when do you have to ask if you want to make a tread... sigh

It has been a common practice for sub-forums for quite a while now.

Blue-Ultimate 2011-01-21 21:05

Since I have seen people discussing this from the very start of the first show,
I would like to request a "what where/are your reasons for watching IS"

P.S.
By the way my last request about a tread for "how would your IS look like" is it being rejected or.... still in aproval state or something?

because if the point thing is too much just leave that out then, and if you need info on how IS's work, and if your planning on making the tread here is a link to a post by Zephyr325 on how they work http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...20#post3428420 most important parts are probably "Personal IS & Designated Pilot" and "Equalizer" don't worry no story or plot spoilers if you just stick by this post. :)

Daniel E. 2011-01-22 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue-Ultimate (Post 3449857)
P.S.
By the way my last request about a tread for "how would your IS look like" is it being rejected or.... still in aproval state or something?

Sorry for the late reply and yes, is still being considered.

EDIT:

Ok, done. Included the post you linked to as well.

Blue-Ultimate 2011-01-26 06:20

I would like to Request a "Crossover" tread.

What of someone from another series where to come into contact with our *cough*loser*cough** hero.
or if someone else from another series was the Main Character, or give the female cast of another show IS's. and they had a contest between IS cast, compare characters from diff shows, You know the regular Cross over stuff.

Terminator98 2011-02-03 06:27

I request a thread on Houki's current state as a crappy pilot, and possible ways of her getting out of that situation (or if there is hope)...
Or in general, about the skill levels / power levels of each different love interests...

Klashikari 2011-02-03 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue-Ultimate (Post 3456600)
I would like to Request a "Crossover" tread.

What of someone from another series where to come into contact with our *cough*loser*cough** hero.
or if someone else from another series was the Main Character, or give the female cast of another show IS's. and they had a contest between IS cast, compare characters from diff shows, You know the regular Cross over stuff.

Request denied: a crossover is by nature too unpredictable and basically endless. That is of course seen as a good opportunity for various situations, but that is also a definite flaw in term of focus.
That will lead, sooner or later things that are barely related to the original material, and I believe it will lead to too many complications.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terminator98 (Post 3469734)
I request a thread on Houki's current state as a crappy pilot, and possible ways of her getting out of that situation (or if there is hope)...
Or in general, about the skill levels / power levels of each different love interests...

...Discussion threads for each characters aren't only destined for their looks and personality. There is nothing that stop you from discussing about their prowess, backstory and whatnot.

Terminator98 2011-02-03 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 3469834)
...Discussion threads for each characters aren't only destined for their looks and personality. There is nothing that stop you from discussing about their prowess, backstory and whatnot.

Understood. To Houki's thread then, I go!

ars89 2011-02-06 13:46

maybe character discussions on Charles and Laura

monir 2011-02-06 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ars89 (Post 3474873)
maybe character discussions on Charles and Laura

Charles is having a gender crisis and Laura is a jerk with an eyepatch. I think we should wait a couple of episodes before giving those threads greenlight, don't you think? :)