AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Valkyria Chronicles (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Valkyria Chronicles - Favorite Quotes Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80825)

Klashikari 2009-04-23 13:41

Valkyria Chronicles - Favorite Quotes Thread

A thread for your favorite quotes from Valkyria Chronicles. Please don't type out the entire script from an episode :) quote your favourite part of any scene or episode.

This thread will most likely contain spoilers! If you are posting a quote from a recent episode then please use spoiler tags. (hint and make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!).

Runty 2009-04-23 17:21

Alicia (game): What kind of girl wants to hear that she looks like a bug?

That moment is golden.

GuidoHunter_Toki 2009-04-23 19:51

THat was one of my favorite quotes as well. Hopefully in the coming episodes of the anime we'll get to hear that line. With all the great reactions Alicia has had so far I'm sure it'd make for a hilarious moment.

Bonta Kun 2009-04-23 20:58

Alica: Welkin, beat them up!

Welkin: Since we're going to open fire on them, "blow them up" might be more appropriate.

Alicia: Like I said, just beat them up!

Welkin: R-Roger.

Alicia : If I could fly, I could drop grenades on the Imperial soldiers' heads!

best lines so far:heh:

Chrono Helix 2009-04-23 21:02

Alicia game battle quotes
「あたしの出番ね?」 (Is it my turn?)
「負けるもんカ!」 (No way I'll lose!)
「なんだ、傷が治ったか?」 (What, my wounds have healed?)
「この力で守りたい、皆を!」 (With this strength, I want to protect everyone!)
「もう一回、行くよ!」 (Once again, let's go!)

grylsyjaeger 2009-04-24 05:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrono Helix (Post 2358803)

I love the Japanese audio track but the English track for Alicia's Double Movement makes me melt... Soooo cute.

Once more, with feeling!

But hmm, my favourite quote... That's a tough one. I suppose the one quote that always manages to bring a smile to my face and actually revitalize me is Aika's "Runner's High" perk.

We're just getting warmed up!

I know it sounds odd but when I go out on my runs at night and I start to feel a little drained I suck it up and try and mimic Aika's pose and say it relatively loud.

lightbringer 2009-04-25 14:45

Alicia really does have some great lines, both in the English and the Japanese voice track.

But actually, many if not most of the characters have memorable quotes for starting movement, landing a kill, or triggering potentials. Marina's "checkmate" and Catherine's "mada mada" are great, as is a certain character's "anata-sama no tameni" - what a bootlicker :D

We can't forget "yasai banzai" either, can we now?

MrTerrorist 2009-04-25 15:03

"DIE SWEETIE!"
Guess who said that.

grylsyjaeger 2009-04-25 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 2362060)
"DIE SWEETIE!"
Guess who said that.

Just look at those muscles....

Alright that's enough homoerotic for this thread...

Runty 2009-04-25 18:50

"I just got led around base by a pig." - Welkin

Runty 2009-05-13 16:56

New quote block related to the last episode.

Spoiler for Between Welkin and Ellet:

This was great writing. Really shows Ellet's dedication. And Welkin takes it quite in stride.

In addition,

Marina: Where did Hans go?

It's her only line in the episode, but I'm just glad to hear her voice. It's pretty funny how she says that while eating BBQ, and then later Hans falls into her arms from the sky.

Tak 2009-05-13 17:24

Marina reminds me of Mai from Kanon. Whenever she talks, its a victory to the audience.

- Tak

Snowman24 2009-12-21 21:11

*bump*

ANYTHING and EVERYTHING said by Catherine O'Hara by her English voice actor.

*accented*Hello, I'm Catherine O'Hara, I look forward to joining you all*/accented*

The moment I heard that in my 1st playthrough I was like, "OH snap, that accent rules!!, I'm sticking with her, and true, she's always been in my squad even through my 187+ hours of gameplay/multiple playthroughs. That accent of her's drives me crazy!!.

I just can't get enough of that beautiful accent from that BEAUTIFUL woman!!. Catherine O'hara is so pretty for being in her 30's. Only time i've ever wished a video game character was real

grylsyjaeger 2009-12-22 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowman24 (Post 2832087)
I just can't get enough of that beautiful accent from that BEAUTIFUL woman!!. Catherine O'hara is so pretty for being in her 30's. Only time i've ever wished a video game character was real

There's a great fan art piece of her in a swim suit in the image thread from memory.

Yu Ominae 2010-04-06 03:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallschirmjager (Post 2832595)
There's a great fan art piece of her in a swim suit in the image thread from memory.

Yep! I agree. I think the pic's there a few times.

grylsyjaeger 2010-04-06 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yu Ominae (Post 2989634)
Yep! I agree. I think the pic's there a few times.

For good reason. :heh:

Hiku 2010-05-23 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrono Helix (Post 2358803)

I like those. "Atashi wa dewa ne?"

Do you happen to have some of Velkin's battle quotes?
In particular, these two:

作戦 shiuriou (?) (Operation Complete)
And the other one where he says "Move out!"

Chrono Helix 2010-05-23 10:01

I don't have my PS3 with me at the moment so I can't check it, but I think the first one is 作戦終了 (sakusen shuuryou) and the second would either be 作戦開始 (sakusen kaishi) or 出撃する (shutsugeki suru). I particularly like the pose he struck in chapter 7 when he says that.

SoggySoyBean 2010-05-24 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrono Helix (Post 3060828)
I don't have my PS3 with me at the moment so I can't check it, but I think the first one is 作戦終了 (sakusen shuuryou) and the second would either be 作戦開始 (sakusen kaishi) or 出撃する (shutsugeki suru). I particularly like the pose he struck in chapter 7 when he says that.

This might help, 2 pages from one of the game guides:

I think those are all of Welkins ingame lines, the book lists all of them (minus Isara's :(), pretty cool, and useful for modding :p. Now if i can only translate it hahaha
ill upload the rest later incase anyones interested

Chrono Helix 2010-05-24 06:31

Are those scans from this one? http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%88%A6%E5...700405&sr=8-11

I don't remember seeing those pages in the Development Artworks book. Hmm, I may have to pick up that guidebook... Do you think it'd be worth it, even though I've completed the game at least twice over?