AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Spice and Wolf (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Spice and Wolf II - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=83697)

Kairin 2009-07-08 15:39

Spice and Wolf II - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Spice and Wolf II, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Vexx 2009-07-08 15:57

Thanks to the lovely Kairin (or her handler :) )

M.Marangio 2009-07-08 15:59

economy 201

2chan link with screenshots for this episode ... (deleted)

Blank-Mage 2009-07-08 16:50

It's out?!?!

ThoHell 2009-07-08 17:33

Ep. was cute and refreshing, this is why I hate drama.... With all that physical contact and flirting and that's all they've progressed :mad:. OH, gotta LOL at the hang-over!

serenade_beta 2009-07-08 17:34

It's kind of touching to finally see an anime that honestly impressed me with its first episode... Lots of average first episodes this season that it's kind of sad... tohohoho...

Very enjoyable! As expected.
It wasn't too eventful, but a few new characters are introduced and the atmosphere is as nice as ever(?). It seems an arc starts next week? Some black-haired woman...

I wonder if it is my imagination, but Horo and Lawrence have been surprisingly close (in a lovey-dovey meaning) ever since the 2nd season... It's fine with me though, but just something I felt...
Horo... So adorable... Awargh... Kawaii!
Her face during her hangover was hilarious! :heh:

The sadness of the life spans of different races... (´;ω;`)
Happens all the time (in anime)....

OP was... rather disappointing, considering the previous season's great OP. The matching of the song and visuals was slightly bad, and I'd prefer if they showed the new characters more clearly...
ED was also worse than the 1st season's, but it was nice.

relentlessflame 2009-07-08 17:36

Spoiler for Episode 1:

typhonsentra 2009-07-08 17:37

Oh, we back bitches! :D

Kaguya 2009-07-08 17:53

OP/ED resembles OP/ED of ZEGAPAIN. I thought that the first season's OP was better.

It seems that there is no striped noise of the outline which was a problem of the first season.
By this, I can buy Blu-ray without anxiety.
Spoiler for image:

wandering-dreamer 2009-07-08 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blank-Mage (Post 2501114)
It's out?!?!

My thoughts exactly, I forgot about the time difference with Japan.

judgment26 2009-07-09 03:36

The raw looks good, but I'll refrain from voting until the subs are out. This episode covers exactly one chapter in the novel, and volume 3 has six chapters if you include the final, so I'm guessing this particular arc will run for five or six episodes like before?

Elgregos 2009-07-09 04:26

Well, so far, one of the best op for this season's anime.

Very good episode too, with some good scene:

Spoiler for scene:

And the alchemy between the two is, as always, a real pleasure.

Ps: also first post on animesuki so "hello guys" :D
You will see that english is not my birth language so, be prepared for some "engrish" that will hurt your eyes :heh:

Aminado 2009-07-09 09:53

Need subs posthaste.

Mazui 2009-07-09 09:59

They're out already.

Masanori Ota 2009-07-09 10:02

Mazui released some subs. I've never heard of Mazui before, though.

Malkuth 2009-07-09 10:03

Ah! excellent episode ... This summer is really something else, too many good shows :D

The only minor problem I have is that Horo's got lolified ... I preferred the more mature character design from the first season.

On all other fronts the first episode was between good and perfect; especially what I loved in the first series remained the same, the alchemy between the two main characters and their witty dialog! The whole damn episode is a shinning example of good writing, quite rare these days.

Also music was really good and most importantly fitting the show's atmosphere. Animation was OK, without some actions scenes it's hard to rate it, but none-the-less it was not just "moving mouths" :heh: VAs also did a great job to convey the feelings of their characters.

Overall as I said it lived up to my high expectations despite the changes. Nice work!

It entered also my list to transcode for a certain mobile platform that I use :D

Spoiler for Ep.1 ending scene:

Vexx 2009-07-09 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masanori Ota (Post 2502719)
Mazui released some subs. I've never heard of Mazui before, though.

They're fairly new... but they've been doing the SHnY "this season" episodes.

They're not flashy - very basic fonts and no karaoke. But the translations are not toyed with or slanged up. I'll still look forward to S&W done by a couple of other groups :)

Westlo 2009-07-09 12:26

Wonderful episode, it's great to get back into the flow of Spice and Wolf with such a good episode. Interestingly they seem to be tackling the lifespan differences as well as their relationship in this arc. Looking forward to seeing how's covered, loved the OP and ED combo just like I did in Zegapain. I probably prefer Arai's OP here but ROCKY CHACKY'S Zegapain ED is better, one of my fav EDs period. Thankfully Spicy 2;s ED resembles that one more so than their spicy 1 ED.

zero7090 2009-07-09 13:43

Spoiler for spoil:

SwiftStrike 2009-07-09 13:53

loved it. theres gonna be more dancing ;)

hmm I guess the ED is now japanese again, but they kept the same person