AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Shuffle! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Shuffle! Episode 19 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31003)

iamandragon 2006-04-12 20:10

Shuffle! Episode 19 Discussion

I just watched episode 19 and I was barely able to get a hold of myself. Shocked, I was totally shocked. I almost blacked out when Kaede discovered the truth of her mother's death.

Anyone get my feelings?

Vexx 2006-04-12 21:25

Some of us consider the Kaede arc to be the most dramatic and compelling part of the series (though a real change from the first 16 episodes or so of light comedy+romance). I won't spoil it but the rest of the series is liable to cut off more oxygen to the brain.... you'll probably either love it or hate it --- and you may hate it even if you love it :) or vice versa.

SweetHoney 2006-04-12 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamandragon
I just watched episode 19 and I was barely able to get a hold of myself. Shocked, I was totally shocked. I almost blacked out when Kaede discovered the truth of her mother's death.

Anyone get my feelings?

I was when I watched it I was blowen away

iamandragon 2006-04-12 22:04

I finished the whole series. This anime almost killed me twice(first time in ep19, second time when Asa's truth is identified).
A great anime, a heart stopping anime, an anime of the century. Shuffle! is a definately must-watch if you don't have heart problems.

RedFrame 2006-04-14 20:49

i rewatch too but i dont make it through ep 18,19,20. its just too tragic :p

iamandragon 2006-04-14 22:05

Instead of saying tragic, I think the word 'curel' fits more...'cause if we say tragic, it makes it sound like we pity Kaede and Rin...(to some extend we do, but it's only the relationship between them we pity...)

It was really confused when I was watching the episode...I was furiously debating with myself, Rin brought that upon himself when he told Kaede that it's his fault, but he doesn't deserve what he get from Kaede...and when Kaede found out the truth, the same comment was transfered to her, and yet I still believe none of them deserve what they get...
On the other hand I somehow believe they deserve what they get and should live in pain for eternalty...for some reason...

Arg my head is going to explode...please excuse me...

Rin-Sama 2006-04-14 22:17

Rin told Kaede it was his fault in order to bring her out of her depression which was making her sick. He may have turned her against him when doing so, but he did it for her own good.

SeedFreedom 2006-04-14 22:24

At the time when rin "saved" Kaede's life, no he didnt deserve what she did. but after Kaede started waiting him 24/7, i think he was properly repaid. however once he tossed Kaede aside when he got Asa i think someone should do all that to him again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedFrame
but i dont make it through ep 18,19,20. its just too tragic

i feel the same way

Rin-Sama 2006-04-14 22:26

Rin thought of Kaede as a Childhood friend. doesn't that count? He think of her more like a sister than a GF.

RedFrame 2006-04-14 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
Rin thought of Kaede as a Childhood friend. doesn't that count? He think of her more like a sister than a GF.

even Da Capo can pull something that out of our mind you know .
~onichan complexity~ to be called....

iamandragon 2006-04-14 22:39

Quote:

Rin told Kaede it was his fault in order to bring her out of her depression which was making her sick. He may have turned her against him when doing so, but he did it for her own good.

Ya, but in return he's hated by Kaede, which is a curel outcome that he must bear if he has chosen this path. Try put yourself in Rin's situation as a guy. Would you be able to do that? This scenerio is even worse than the generic "save the person you love but he/she will loose all memories regarding you" I here admit that I won't be able to sacrifise myself like Rin did. It's only here I realize that Rin is strong, very strong

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeedFreedom
At the time when rin "saved" Kaede's life, no he didnt deserve what she did. but after Kaede started waiting him 24/7, i think he was properly repaid. however once he tossed Kaede aside when he got Asa i think someone should do all that to him again.

Everyone has their own life. What makes me fell in love with Rin in this anime is that his heart actually does move on and is not bound by the past. He gives me a feeling of life, as a real person, not just a moving picture or a character in a story.

Right at this moment I am thinking to myself the word 'deserve'. And until I understand what 'deserve' means to me, I won't be using such severe word for a while...

Quote:

Absolutely right, however Kaede doesn't think it that way. She believes that she does not deserve anything from Rin. Note that she had mentioned it many times 'I live only to serve Rin'(or something like that...sorry I didn't watch the English version so...) Her relationship with Rin is somewhat twisted. On one hand Kaede was helping Rin out because she thought she had wronged Rin during childhood and believes she owes her life to Rin. On the other hand Kaede fell in love with Rin and wanted Rin to love her back. Both feelings grew as Kaede was working for Rin. She didn't know which was her true feelings and was torn apart from 'love' and 'serve'. Now THAT is the tragic part about her.

SeedFreedom 2006-04-14 22:47

Quote:

I can understand if he doesn't feel the same way for Kaede that she does for him, but it is pretty obvious and he shouldn't have led her on for how many years. Need i remind everyone about the first ep where she says she dedicates her mind and body to rin? I don't think signals get much better than that.

And that's besides my main point which is i don't feel that she should be ignored by the only person that could save her. He left her alone when she needed him the most. Before he went out with Asa he was willing to do anything to help her like the first time she was sick. Asa was a bad influence on Rin *gets tons of flames from all the AAAs*

Rin-Sama 2006-04-14 23:02

I can see your point, but the reason why Rin left was becasue he was actually hindering Kaede from moving on in her life. He wants Kaede to live her own life and not just waste it on serving him hand and foot. He realized this and decided it was time to leave.

True that it came as a shock to Kaede but Rin knew she would eventually get over it. It was something Rin did for Kaede's own good. Although it did take Kaede getting into bed with him naked to realize it.

And contratry to what many of you think, Rin DOES care for Kaede. It's just he had to make some very hard decisions to do that.

iamandragon 2006-04-14 23:06

But it's not Rin's fault that he left Kaede alone...First off he doesn't know a single thing about Kaede's feelings at that moment. Second he thought Kaede won't be alone if Primula is with her, and thus it'd be all right if he hangs out with Asa. Thirdly he was dating Asa right? So it's natural he holds Asa more important than Kaede anyways.

A off-topic comment...Do you think it's possible for Kaede to be hiding her feelings towards Rin by lying to herself(and everyone) by saying that she dedicate her mind and body to Rin? Or is she simply confused between both reasons? If Kaede is lying, is she lying on purpose? Or maybe she picked up the reason only at the moment when Rin asked her?

Rin-Sama 2006-04-14 23:08

A man can never know what's goin on insode a woman's heart. He can make some pretty good guesses, but they're usueally rarely right. That's life!

iamandragon 2006-04-14 23:09

I agree! I can never get my bf to understand me. He says I think too much...

SeedFreedom 2006-04-14 23:14

Hiding? Am i hearing this right? You think Kaede was hiding her feelings? Are we watching the same show? When a girl says she wants to dedicate her soul and body, everyone calling her his wife, and her father saying he should make a move on her called hiding? I'm a guy and pretty oblivious for a guy but still could tell that flare.

Yes i understand that you want to help your girlfriend if she is in trouble but does that mean you should completely abandon your family? I mean this is your "sister". Did he even bother to even listen to primula when she tried to tell him something was wrong? Its like his brain just stopped and pulled into asa gear and cannot see anything else in the world.

Rin-Sama 2006-04-14 23:20

No offence to any men or women here but

Men tend to think in a strait forward manner. In other words there is always a certian answer to everything. If he sees a woman crying he thinks she's either sad or very happy. Then they would probably go on to think of why they are either sad or happy. So when Rin sees Kaede cooking for him he thinks that she's only doing it to make up for what she did to him for all thoes years. It wasn't until Kaede tried to sleep with him that he quickly realized the situation he was putting Kaede in.

Women however tend to "beat around the bush" when thinking. In other words they think of many different possibilities to answer a problem with. thus the reason why so many women take some time before comming to a decision. This is why Kaede was so confused about her feelings for Rin. She could never ultimately decied that she liked Rin and admit it until it was already too late.

(Women if im wrong about this please don't beat me over the head for it....)

iamandragon 2006-04-14 23:26

She's hiding her feelings from others, especially Rin. 'cause she believes that she doesn't have the right to be loved by Rin, after wronging him that much. And she fears that Rin will love her in return if her true feelings have been found out.
I will never say i dedicate my soul and body to my lover if I want to get married. I'll just tell him 'let's get married'. When I say I'm dedicating my soul and body to him, I'm just thinking about him. Honestly, why can't you guys think deeper to understand us instead of just interprating our words in your own way?

Asa wasn't Rin's girlfriend just yet, they're still developing affaction towards each other. Asa only officially become Rin's girlfriend in episode 23.

Quote:

Did he even bother to even listen to primula when she tried to tell him something was wrong?
Primula can barely say a straight sentence...And Rin is not the type to analyze everything around him so it'll be hard for him to know what Primula's trying to express if it's not concerning herself.

Quote:

Its like his brain just stopped and pulled into asa gear and cannot see anything else in the world.
Love is blind...it's not he can't see anything else, as well. It's just that he cared for Asa more than Kaede. Both girl's situation were as severe at that moment, if you think of it.

Just a off-topic question, SeedFreedom you're not from North America, are you?

SeedFreedom 2006-04-14 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamandragon
Asa wasn't Rin's girlfriend just yet, they're still developing affaction towards each other. Asa only officially become Rin's girlfriend in episode 23.

True and until then i didn't fell he had made any stupid decisions until that point. And if this entire conversation will come down to a difference of opinion then i would rather not go into it. Its getting late over here and im tired.

I just feel Kaede deserved more and to be better treated than she was.

:topicoff: yes i am from north america.