AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Umineko (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   [Game] Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Ep. 3 Banquet of the golden witch (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=68453)

Rias 2008-07-07 16:44

[Game] Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Ep. 3 Banquet of the golden witch

This thread is for discussions regarding Umineko Ep3, which will be released on C74. This thread can contain various spoilers for Ep1 and Ep2.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wikipedia
Umineko no Naku Koro ni on wikipedia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to other Umineko threads in AS Forums:

original doujin games
Umineko no Naku Koroni - Ep. 1 Legend of the Golden Witch
Umineko no Naku Koroni - Ep. 2 Turn of the Golden Witch
Umineko no Naku Koroni - Ep. 3 Banquet of the Golden Witch
Umineko no Naku Koroni - Ep. 4 Alliance of the Golden Witch
Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Translation Project

images
Umineko Image Thread (wallpapers, fan art, gifs, etc.)
Umineko Avatar & Signature Request Thread

music
Umineko music discussion (OP/ED, game soundtracks, dramaCDs etc.)
Umineko music videos

manga
Umineko no Naku Koroni - manga thread

anime (unaired as of June 2008)
Umineko no Naku Koroni (TV)

Spoiler for Pre-release infomation:

Sterling01 2008-07-07 17:26

Where would you order to get the pre-order goods if you live in the US?

Troyd 2008-07-07 17:38

I saw it in niconico thirty minutes ago xD
Belphegor in the cover and not Asmodeus \(^o^)/
And that looking Witch-Maria in the portrait? Her hair is like the sailor Maria-looking girl @__@
And what are those preorder goods? xD the Jessica pic looks like an image of a holding pillow o_o

Rias 2008-07-07 17:53

Actually I have mis-read...it's not a pre-order bonus for ep3. Rather, it's a promotion from mandarake that starting 7/19, if you buy either ep2, any higurashi game, or 2100 yen worth of new doujins, you get one of the 5 slim posters. To get it from US, your might have to use some sort of deputy service.

As to the real pre-ordering goods, seems that only Toranoana and Melonbooks is going to do it, and they will have it up for pre-order next week.

Nabiki Asakura 2008-07-07 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troyd (Post 1710222)
I saw it in niconico thirty minutes ago xD

link now!!!

Troyd 2008-07-07 18:37

Mmmm? I don't know why do you want it, since it's just the same images that Rias put, but if you want o_o ...
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3874977

And it's a shame that mandarake spanish version doesn't sell that goods, since I was planning on buying a lot of doujinshi the next month, oh caca! T__T
And I wonder what be including the preorder edition in toranoana and melon books, a character telephone card with Ryukishi art? xD

Nadeor 2008-07-07 19:50

Horray for EP3 Thread ^O^
Time to leave my name here on the first page!

Rias 2008-07-08 00:35

Currently 2ch is going nuts over one article that states that the person in the potrait is Maria...to add oil to the fire, the entry has just been taken down, that could mean 1 of the 3 things:

1. Entry was wrong, and Ryukishi07 sent in his complains to have it taken down
2. Entry is actually a giant spoiler, and Ryukishi07 sent in his complains to have it taken down
3. Under maintenance...but other entries works fine.

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/316...4692ds1.th.jpg

Does this implies that Maria = Beatrice? Or just everyone is going to get their chance on the portrait :heh:

Nabiki Asakura 2008-07-08 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troyd (Post 1710333)
Mmmm? I don't know why do you want it, since it's just the same images that Rias put, but if you want o_o ...
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3874977

because, ahn.......I.............love...........videos?XD

Nadeor 2008-07-08 03:20

I knew Nabiki would never let us down XD
Keep going there!

crazysjd89 2008-07-08 04:43

I've been so hyped up about this for awhile, I don't think I can wait a month and a half for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rias (Post 1711270)
2. Entry is actually a giant spoiler, and Ryukishi07 sent in his complains to have it taken down

Would Ryukishi07 really do that when he encourages people to speculate? Or was it like inside knowledge or something?

Troyd 2008-07-08 08:35

Well, Maybe it's that to announce that she is Maria was too hasty, because it could be that she is a new character, after all, in the portrait she has got green eyes (apparently), Maria has got blue eyes, that can be an evidence that they are different people.

Sterling01 2008-07-08 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rias (Post 1711270)
Currently 2ch is going nuts over one article that states that the person in the potrait is Maria...to add oil to the fire, the entry has just been taken down, that could mean 1 of the 3 things:

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/316...4692ds1.th.jpg

Does this implies that Maria = Beatrice? Or just everyone is going to get their chance on the portrait :heh:

It's probably just something that Ryukishi07 didn't want out... for whatever reason.

Nadeor 2008-07-08 22:59

But that's probably what we all figured, all characters are mysterious

melange 2008-07-13 19:04

Or is it Maria = Lambdadelta?

Klashikari 2008-07-13 19:09

That would be a bit too far stretched, though the removal of the portrait is quite intriguing.
That said, is that really a spoiler? I mean,
usually, portrait is shown quite early so being a spoiler, it would change drastically how the usual plot goes on.

I believe it is rather answer 1.

Rias 2008-07-13 21:43

AkibaOS has put back the entry, and added a question mark at the end of the sentence so now it reads "The person on the protrait is Maria?" isntead. :heh:

Sterling01 2008-07-13 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rias (Post 1726910)
AkibaOS has put back the entry, and added a question mark at the end of the sentence so now it reads "The person on the protrait is Maria?" isntead. :heh:

Wow..... real slick guys :heh::heh:

melange 2008-07-13 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 1726540)
That would be a bit too far stretched

Well the "style" of clothing in the portrait resembles Lambdadelta...

Though thats not much to go on cos I thought at first the "style" of clothing for the second portrait resembled Jessica :heh:

Nadeor 2008-07-14 00:32

Lambdadelta has blonde hair
Also it's announced as Maria already

Above that, anyone noticed the connections between Higurashi arcs and Umineko arcs?

Onikakushi-hen, introduction to Neck-Scratching
EP1. Legend of the golden witch, First Twilight: Face-shaving

Watanagashi-hen, introduction to Stomach-Opening
EP2. Turn of the golden witch, First Twilight: Stomach-Cutting

I wonder if EP3 will be similar to Tatarigoroshi-hen...
(Battler 'falling' off the ship XD)