AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fate/ Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Character discussion and limited poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=27948)

kj1980 2006-01-18 15:36

Character discussion and limited poll

This is a thread dedicated to character discussions and a limited poll entry for major characters.

The 2nd official "vote for your favorite character" poll will be taking place at TYPE-MOON's original website starting Jan. 24th to Feb. 12

In the meanwhile, I have selected the ten major characters (at my discretion) for polls and discussion.

Remember, don't just blot "XXX is my favorite character" without giving an acceptable reason.

Should you feel the urge to blot something that hasn't been aired in the anime yet, remember the golden rule: spoiler tags are your friends

Spoiler tag examples
[spoiler]Text to be hidden[/spoiler] becomes
Spoiler:

Shiroth 2006-01-18 15:43

At this point in time its hard to name a fav' apart from Saber - but i'm sure after seeing more in action, and a lot more then what we've seen then that shall change, a poll like this after the anime has finished would be good.

But untill then, its Saber all the way~

demon_god04 2006-01-18 15:49

Definatly Saber is my favourite character:D Love the character design and story:p

Although Archer and Rin comes to a close second in my book especially Archer:D

kj1980 2006-01-18 15:56

As many have already know from the generic thread, I am a highly obsessive Tohsaka moe~moe~ fan. Equipped with three holy items: twin-tails (aka "double pig tails to the side"), tsundere (acting strict in public, but has shades of cuteness hidden), and zettai-ryouiki (search for "absolute territory" on this board) - what more could a guy like me ask for? And she dresses nicely in red and black!!

Mr. Guy 2006-01-18 16:12

It's always so hard to choose between Saber, Rider, and Caster (Rin and Sakura come right behind them though). It all really depends on the current mood I'm in or what part of the game I just played/what part of the anime I just watched. I'll go with Rider though, as she's my favorite at this minute but I'll give reasons for the two of them that don't get as much attention as the rest. And yes, spoilers based off what I know from the game. Anime watchers beware!

Spoiler for Rider:

Spoiler for Caster:

Sushi-Y 2006-01-18 16:24

ギル様を含んでいないとは、貴様それでも人間か!?
Spoiler for well, game spoiler, I suppose:

Besides that, Lancer's casual side in ataraxia also earned big points with me. This man simply has no luck.

Before ataraxia though, my favorite would be Ilya (well, she's still on the top of my list even now). Not because I'm into loli or anything, mind you. Simply because Ilya is capable of being both the most innocent little girl and the most mature sophisicated individual you have ever seen at the same time.

F!reStr!fe 2006-01-18 16:44

My favorite character would have to be Saber.. She is just so cute.. And I love the way she looks. Also her Voice Actor is really good (played Fuu from Samurai Champloo and Melfina from Outlaw Star). Just very lovely over all and from what i ve seen her antics also add to her kind of cuteness. :)

Maids! Maids! Maids! 2006-01-18 16:50

I find myself growing fond of Taiga, although I'm guessing she's too minor a character to be included in this particular poll. Poor Tiger. Even the Iraqi Museum considers her a minor character:

http://www.baghdadmuseum.org/ref/?title=Fate/stay_night

(I assume that entry is a loan from Wikipedia. Still, it's funny seeing Fate/stay Night in such close proximity to the treasures of Mesopotania and Babylon.)

I just love Tiger's voice. :)

Unfortunately, I know so little about the main girls. Ironically, I've seen a couple of the artbooks, so I do know some things best not spoken about in mixed company. At first glance, I'm inclined to go with Saber, but Rin is very cute. I love the red turtleneck and black mini. Maybe I should wait unitl I see a few more episodes. You game guys really have a leg up on us Japanese illiterates.

MakubeX2 2006-01-18 17:16

Perhaps the full list should expand to include what Type Moon has in their 2nd Voting War.

https://www.typemoon.com/users/vote/chara.php

Jinx626 2006-01-18 17:25

I voted for Saber mainly because she was the first character that got me into Fate/Stay Night back when the game was initially released. She also strikes a chord with me due to her similarities with Arcueid from Tsukihime.

However, 2nd place would have gone to Rin (ice cold princess type but cute at times) but due to the animation of Sakura (cute!!!) in the anime and knowing her story in Heaven's Feel she takes 2nd place now. :heh:

Xellos-_^ 2006-01-18 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Perhaps the full list should expand to include what Type Moon has in their 2nd Voting War.

https://www.typemoon.com/users/vote/chara.php

Caster have elf ears :twitch:

Pale blue hair with Elf ears.

Caster = Nerine

I just love Rider with glasses on, she is so darn cute and sexy at the same time :love:

Now that Shuffle has ended and poll have more less died down.

A Rider campaing in FSN is just i need to keep busy

DragoonKain3 2006-01-18 20:09

I know I haven't heard of most of the characters, let alone seen them. Still I voted for Rin, since I don't think I'd be changing my mind.

Long hair, with it being worn 'down'? Check!
Ribbons? Check!
School uniform with skirt past the knee? Check!
Awesome AT casual wear? Check!
Ojou-san archetype (usually cold and calcualating)? Check!
Cat eyes? Check! (Seems to be prevalent with ojou-san archetype nowadays)

Actually a competent human female? Priceless!

EDIT: I'd really laugh if this thread turns out like Shuffle. Would be pretty interesting campaigning against former club members. XD

CelestialShadow 2006-01-18 20:13

No love for the Mabo Priest?!

My vote goes to Rin for now...
Spoiler for Nothing spoiler-ish, but just in case:

MrProphet 2006-01-18 20:20

My choice for now is definitely Tohsaka Rin.

One: she is beautiful
Two: she is smart
Three: she has funny moments with Archer (and I am hoping other character would follow)
Four: I like her princess-like personality 8)

Sushi-Y 2006-01-18 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
Actually a competent human female? Priceless!

I don't know about that, seeing as how even operating a simple fax machine is beyond Rin's limits.

Well, she's a perfect tsundere, I'll say that though.

Limiter 2006-01-18 22:18

Spoiler:

He isnt on the list. Well, not that it matters much.

stormy001_M1A2 2006-01-18 22:32

The anime is only into 2nd episode. Some of the characters has yet to appear in substainal form. The poll is kinda useless until the Season 1 is done. For example, Ilya and Berserker.

MrProphet 2006-01-19 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Well, she's a perfect tsundere, I'll say that though.

Rin is tsundere? Since when?

We've definitely seen her go "tsun-tsun", but definitely not "dere-dere". She seems too much in control of herself (even under attack).

Or, are you refering to Rin in general (as in, in the future)?

JanthraX^ 2006-01-19 09:14

Archer, just bescuse he is an archer and if he does actually use a bow later on in the series he will defo be my new role model!!!

Also i like his relationship with Rin, its not a sort of a fearful , 'crap she is my master i better obey', but more of 'i respect my master and want to fight for her' relationship.

Jalya 2006-01-19 09:32

Pardon me for not participating in the poll , but may i enquire what is this 'tsundere' quality of Rin and where is it shown?
Sorry for my standard of japanese