AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Spice and Wolf (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Spice and Wolf - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=63882)

FlareKnight 2008-03-19 22:57

BSS subs are out, all rejoice :)!

Masanori Ota 2008-03-19 23:04

Hehe, just saw that. :p

FlareKnight 2008-03-19 23:35

Spoiler for Ep12:

HayashiTakara 2008-03-20 00:25

*sigh... it ended way too soon... I hate cliff hangers >_<

Masanori Ota 2008-03-20 00:59

Still another episode to go.

Vexx 2008-03-20 01:11

Aye... another victim of episode miscount. The series has one more episode to go after this one.

The "missing" episode (which the producers label episode 7) will appear on DVD -- probably a short story either from volume 7 of the novels or an anime-only piece.

Half... downloaded (torrents are running extra slow tonight for me).

Xacual 2008-03-20 01:24

Yeah it ran kind of slow for me as well.

Spoiler:

Rias 2008-03-20 01:30

What I don't get is how Lawerence is so naive when comes to trusting the his the people he trades with.

The two times you see Lawerence gets in a mess, is when he gave away his product (infomation regarding the currency and infomation regarding how to smuggle gold) before he actually gained any profit. First time he succeed by some persuasion, and perhaps that company was just being nice (in the end it worked out thanks to Horo), and this time he's got stabbed again in the back.

Perhaps being greedy just doesn't suit him...he seems to be doing better when he was doing fair trades with them wheat and fur :heh:

FlareKnight 2008-03-20 01:53

Personally enjoyed the IRC route on grabbing the episode.
Spoiler for Ep12:

BigGimp77 2008-03-20 01:54

Another great episode, can't believe there is only one more left.

I have to think somehow Lawrence and Horo are going to end up with that gold all to themselves now that they were betrayed.

I like the title for the next episode "A Wolf and Setting Off on a New Journey." Maybe hinting at a second season at some point? If they end the episode with Horo and Lawrence riding off on a new adventure, I would hope they would continue the series. **Crosses fingers**

feRfe 2008-03-20 01:57

@rias yeah lawrence hasn't really done any impressive things as a merchant as shown so far... it's all just horo helping him out.

i love this story and especially this arc though.. makes me wish i had the vocabulary to read its light novel tt

HayashiTakara 2008-03-20 01:58

If its only 2 episodes left... I don't see how it can be concluded by then.... >_>...

Souten no Seigyoku 2008-03-20 02:15

Going by what Ive seen so far, it seems the wolf god amoung them is young and theyre not after the sheep, but Horo herself. Possibly looking for a fight for status (i.e. I was the wolf that beat the great Kenrou Horo).

arkxkra 2008-03-20 02:23

Spoiler for :

tabun 2008-03-20 03:23

That's one mother of a cliffhanger... D:

Vexx 2008-03-20 03:41

I keep seeing hints that this is one of the most popular anime in Japan right now (biggest buzz, etc). If so, then a second season is quite likely. (apparently wolf-girls are more popular than nekomimi at cosplay cafes at the moment).

Problem is, I got no numbers or stats so I've no idea whether I'm just hearing noise or signal. Ah well.. we'll know when we know....

oompa loompa 2008-03-20 05:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 1472521)
I keep seeing hints that this is one of the most popular anime in Japan right now (biggest buzz, etc). If so, then a second season is quite likely. (apparently wolf-girls are more popular than nekomimi at cosplay cafes at the moment).

Problem is, I got no numbers or stats so I've no idea whether I'm just hearing noise or signal. Ah well.. we'll know when we know....

i certainly hope so as well.. i just hope the next episode titled

' wolf and new journey ' can be translated as ' look forward to another season ' and not ' lame look into the future ending ' :p .. or something in the middle if that happens lol.. i do feel that there will be another season though.. i know the light novels are pretty popular, and if it is one of the more popular anime i dont really see any reason why they wont.. having said that, ive never gotten anything by keeping my hopes up, so well just have to wait it out..

noob3d 2008-03-20 06:06

Hmm might just be my flu but I couldn't get hyped up about this episode XD. Everything in the episode screams greatness amd my mouth was saying it too.As for spice and wolf's popularity in japan..I'm not sure.I have checked it out on niconico and while the video discussion was hot I don't see any sign of it being most popular yet.As for fox girls being all the rage that may be true since I'll certainly be blogging about the delicious new fox girls due out next month ^^

FlareKnight 2008-03-20 06:57

Well do hope the series is doing well out in Japan. Anything to get to a second season is a good thing I say. Just have to hope it's been well received and gets that continuation.

Anyways, should be a good final episode to come. Horo will get to show the youngsters their place and we'll deal with the company's betrayal.

Tri-ring 2008-03-20 07:30

Don't be too optimistic, after all this anime is on air at 1:30AM on a UHF channel.