AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Bottle Fairy (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113)

Rebochan 2003-11-04 01:35

Bottle Fairy

This forum seems so empty without a Bottle Fairy thread *sniff* So I wanted to start a new one to keep that Fairy love alive!

This series is just so perky and cute. I keep watching it because it leaves me in such a good mood when I'm done. Though I'm also kind of glad it's as short (both length wise and episode wise) as it is, because it could get old. My favorite character is Sarara, because she's such a tomboy. I get a kick out of all her samurai fantasies!

There, that should be a good start...

Esperchld 2003-11-04 01:41

You sure that half hour episodes wouldn't be better. It just might rot the teeth or leave you a pile of goo. The evils of ultra-cute.

NoSanninWa 2003-11-04 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebochan
My favorite character is Sarara, because she's such a tomboy. I get a kick out of all her samurai fantasies!

I love Hororo best! She's so strange and always eating odd things (like Kururu's head). Of course her greatest moment was when she went over to the dark side in the Tokimeki Pyramid. Hororo the Evil Scientist! Then there was the beginning of the June episode where Kururu falls in love with Senpai, but Hororo is upset because she loves Kururu! Heh. Hororo always makes me fall over laughing when she can't get with the scene! :D

Of course I love all the other fairies too, but she's my favorite.

Kempis Curious 2003-11-04 02:22

Ditto.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Of course I love all the other fairies too, but she's my favorite.

I like Hororo best too.
It could be that I like her because I can identify with her personality most. If something interests me I'm likely to stare at it or wander off following it, and if something looks tasty I'll probably eat it, ignoring "rules" of appropriateness. Also, when she got bored and started spinning around in that ghost-decoration thingie... that was so funny I had to pause the anime. :D

One thing bugging me about Bottle Fairy is that Hororo hasn't gotten a center spot on one of those beautiful end-credit pictures. It seems Chiriri and Sarara are more favored! :frustrated: Just 'cause Chiriri is prettier with the blonde hair. :p (Though she WAS cuter than anythng ever in the ending-picture wearing yukatas and her with the fox-mask on her head. :love: )

-k

curious

Hikari 2003-11-04 02:35

Yay Bottle fairy ^^ Hororo is my favorite too. She may look like she's clueless sometimes but you can tell there's a lot more to her then meets the eyes. The evil professor was a good example hehe.

It's too bad there isn't bigger images of the endings, since you could make a calendar with a different picture each month ^^

boneyjellyfish 2003-11-04 02:42

I like all of 'em except for the one with the long, blonde hair... What's her name? Chiriri?

Rebochan 2003-11-04 04:27

I love them all too...I did a Kururu cosplay for my local anime clubs Halloween party (Bottle Fairy is great for cosplay on a budget).

I seriously think that there isn't enough plot in these episodes to stretch into a half hour series. Maybe if it was two separate storylines, but I like it the way it is. Bottle Fairy is great fun, but not substantial enough to carry a full-length series.

Ahhhhh...I want plushies!

Shii 2003-11-04 12:28

Bottle Fairy pwns :)

http://ashibaka.home.comcast.net/its.../letsdance.gif

The Xenos 2003-11-05 07:22

So... sinc ethe old forum is gone... lemme restate my theory that Bottle Fairy is a strange Japanese reincarnation of Muppet Babies. Think of Senseisan as Nanny and how the fairies use their imagination to construct crazy explnations for everday events and the holidays. Ok.. it's no Grand Unifacation Theory, but jsut a thought that came to mind.

-Xenos

Jasconius 2003-11-05 12:59

June Brides

I think someone posted something in the old Bottle Fairy thread that I never got around to answering, about the significance of June Brides. Well, the Starchild Bottle Fairy site opened today (Go look around! There are cute pictures!), and it happens to have a section with Tama-chan explaining things, so I though I'd translate the explanation and post it:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tama-chan
In Roman mythology, the month of June is governed by the goddess of marriage, Juno. June is called "June" in English, right? That's because it was taken from the goddess Juno's name. The origin of "June brides" comes from the saying that if you get married in June, the goddess Juno will bless your marriage with happiness. In Japan, July is watched over by Jun of "I'm Jun! I'm Chousaku!" fame. Because of that, there's a saying that if you get married in July, your family will be blessed with never-ending laughter. I think if I had to choose, I'd say I want to be married in July!

I think Jun and Chousaku were some sort of stand-up comedians, but I got tired of looking through Google results for Super Robot Wars characters named after them. Tama-chan = wuv!

Hoshisama 2003-11-06 04:57

all fairies are cute, but i like Sarara the best, through her "violent behaviour" conceptions :)

bluemist 2003-11-06 09:12

Anyone know when the OP/ED singles will be released?

And does it mean there will be 4 ED songs? (for each season I guess)

Jasconius 2003-11-06 09:26

Bottle Fairy release dates

The album "Bindzume Yousei Variety Album~Four Seasons" comes out on 12/21/03, and it has been confirmed by CDJapan to have the OP song on it (dunno if it's full size, TV size, or what). Another page I look at says that the album will have unit songs will all four seiyuu, solo character songs, and BGM (hence the "variety album"), so I would imagine that it will probably be the place to get the OP and all of the ED songs. The catalog number is KICA-617, and the list price will be 2,857 yen.

King Records is one of the few big labels that hasn't given in to the CCCD trend yet, so this, as all of their other CDs, does not contain any stupid copy protection crap (yay, I can buy it!)

In other Bindzume Yousei news, Amazon.co.jp lists the dates for the first two R2 DVDs! It looks like there will be 4 DVDs, 3,500 yen each. The release dates for the first two are 01/21/04 and 02/25/04. No news yet on any extras or boxes or the like. ^_^

bluemist 2003-11-06 09:34

Thanks for the info! I like the ED songs in this anime. About the OP, it's cute, but bleh, do the lyrics really need to be like that, talking about the anime and all? (Oshiete Sensei-san). I'd prefer songs to be off-topic to the anime itself.

Rebochan 2003-11-11 18:40

Yay, Episode 6! I was going through withdrawal.

The fairies go to school! And you know what that means...cute uniforms! And it also means...fairies teaching classes! Since their first teacher escaped. Kibi!

Relentless 2003-11-11 21:54

I like it a lot, but I have to admit its overwhelming cuteness forces me to watch it in small pieces :heh:

Between gales of laughter, has anybody else felt the concept is a bit disturbing? Boy keeps a collection of little fairies in big glass jars... brrrrr... Kinda remindes me some creepy kids I grew up with who liked to catch flies and spiders. I don't want to tell you the poor critters had a gruesome final. I hope nobody ever, ever writes a doujinshi on those lines.

Lord Raiden 2003-11-11 22:19

Yeah, I love this series, but you do have a good point. But if fairies bring good luck, then he's in the best of shape of anyone having 4 and a floating cat thingy in his room. The part that blows my mind is they're so SMALL!!

Shii 2003-11-11 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebochan
Yay, Episode 6! I was going through withdrawal.

Finally! I didn't know how much longer I would last :upset:

Galaxy 2003-11-12 00:11

I love the fact that the ending pictures are not the same and the song changes also, Ep 1 to 3 was the one about the Sakura's and 4 to 6(i guess) is the one about summer, I think that it will change in the next ep.

boneyjellyfish 2003-11-12 00:14

Hehe, I loved episode 6. I think my new favorite character is definitely Hororo :D