AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Anyone listen to anime podcasts? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=35007)

froinlaven 2006-08-09 12:41

Anyone listen to anime podcasts?

So I was wondering if anyone listens to anime podcasts. I actually do my own podcast and I wanted to see if anyone had recommendations.

So far, I've sampled the more popular ones, but it's hard to devote the time to figure out if a particular podcast is good or not. A lot of these podcasts run 1+ hour. The popular ones seem to be:

The podcast that I do is the Anime Nano Podcast. It seems like most podcasts focus on domestic releases. I try to do shows targeted towards fansub anime watchers. If you're interested, take a listen and let me know what you think.

And yeah, what do you look for in an anime podcast, if you listen to them?

a hobbit 2006-08-09 16:21

I myself don't listen to Anime Podcasts, but I've been thinking about listening to one since my recent Anime-watching spur =P I'll be sure to check out yours and tell you what I think ^^

Kokoro-no-Kaasu 2006-11-14 13:42

i listen to theotaku.com Podcast its understandable why its popular!!

BOZZY 2007-01-23 17:57

I didn't notice this thread before, but I wanted to mention that I too, have listened to a few podcasts, namely the animenano podcast (I've listened to a few episodes) and another podcast, which I've had the honour of being part of, The Anime Roundtable, in which discussion of recent anime headlines is given from a Canadian perspective.

Home page of The Anime Roundtable

Maxon 2007-01-23 19:04

I used to listen to the Anime Yume podcasts. However, the time gap between broadcasts kept getting bigger, and they'd constantly lose track of what they were doing and go off at huge tangents and just talk about random stuff. It was really annoying having to sift through the crap to find the proper content. Also, one of the original podcasters left, and two new people came in and they weren't very good, so that was just the final straw.

I now listen to Anime Pulse. They broadcast at least once a week and more than once a week on some occasions. Also, they usually stay focused on what they're doing, and there's usually at least 3/4 of them on each broadcast. A good all round podcast for licensed anime and anime news.

ImperialPanda 2007-01-23 19:30

I'm too technically backwards. =/

Fruitfly 2007-01-24 02:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOZZY (Post 809690)
I didn't notice this thread before, but I wanted to mention that I too, have listened to a few podcasts, namely the animenano podcast (I've listened to a few episodes) and another podcast, which I've had the honour of being part of, The Anime Roundtable, in which discussion of recent anime headlines is given from a Canadian perspective.

Home page of The Anime Roundtable

wow wtf. I rent anime at comic den but I didn't know they have a podcast. Must listen.

I listen to Anime Nano. It was the only one I heard of but it's fun to listen to. :) Keep up the good work froinlaven.

Theowne 2007-01-24 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImperialPanda (Post 809776)
I'm too technically backwards. =/

You can just visit the sites and click the download links.

I don't really listen to anime podcasts regularly, though I've tried a few. Mostly it seems like a fun thing to do (making podcasts, I mean), I'd like to try someday.

zoozoc 2007-01-25 20:36

anime pulse ftw