AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) Chihayafuru [Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109400)

Undertaker 2012-01-05 01:33

Chihayafuru [Manga]

Since I can't seem to find a manga thread and a few people in the anime thread confirmed it, I just decided to make this one.

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...hihayafuru.jpghttp://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...cad1c85e25.jpg

Genre: Josei, Karuta, Romance.

Author: 末次由紀 [Yuki Suetsugu]

Publisher: Kodansha

Serialized in: Be Love

Current Progress: 15+ Volumes in Japan

Synopsis [From Wiki]: Chihaya Ayase is a girl who has spent most of her life simply supporting her sister in her model career. That changes when she meets a boy named Arata Wataya, a talented karuta player. He thinks that Chihaya has a potential to become a great player. As Chihaya takes on a new dream of becoming Japan's best karuta player, she is soon separated from her karuta playing friends as they grow up. Now in high school, Chihaya still continues to play karuta in the hope that she will one day meet her friends again.

sergel02 2012-01-05 02:42

Does anyone know how far the anime is at in terms of manga chapters?

Also where could i find the manga chapters?

kadaj1st 2012-01-05 03:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by sergel02 (Post 3932792)
Does anyone know how far the anime is at in terms of manga chapters?

Also where could i find the manga chapters?

the latest translated chapter is 15 and it's covered ep 10 of anime
you can check mangaupdates for the scanlation team as it's varies

Undertaker 2012-01-05 05:30

As for current anime, Episode 13 is at the end of chapter 24.

Chapter 86 is the newest chapter released this week. Be Love is a bi-weekly manga (sort of). It releases every month on the 1st and 15th.

Johnny 2012-01-05 05:42

Not really shipping anyone because I think for the time being romance will be slow n' go. I just like to see more of Arata and after glancing at vol 15, the ending was pretty good...

I am curious though for the pairings...
Spoiler:

ehonglin 2012-01-05 15:38

Vol. 15 is really good because there is an (unexpected) plot twist. I really enjoy it.
The end is also fantastic. I cannot wait for vol 16. (because I cannot find any website that feeds a raw scan of the new chapter.)

Spoiler for :

There is one thing I don't understand. In vol.14 there is a problem with Arata team and then Shinobu comes to help (they bow and apologize to the commitee). Anybody know what the problem is?

Undertaker 2012-01-05 19:00

I think you meant volume 12, volume 14 is all about the Semi and Final though it still took place on the same day.

Spoiler for Volume 12:

BTW, Taichi is still a B-Rank player and can't enter A-Rank National tournament right now unless he won his B-Rank national which would allow him to move up to A-Rank and enter the coming up Meijin Prelim.

ehonglin 2012-01-06 08:26

@ Undertaker - Thanks so much for the explaination.

I have been reading this manga for quite sometime but since there was no English discussion board on it, many things I still don't understand.

For Example:

Spoiler for Tokyo Representative:

Anyway, want see more story about Suo Meijin in the near future. Quite an interesting character.

Undertaker 2012-01-06 20:45

There are regional and events tournament all year long which anyone can enter and earning ranks (dan) and prizes etc. The National Prelim Tournament is the one that decides the East and West representative, the winner of that gets to challenge Meijin and Queen. Those don't really have much requirement other than Ranking Class (A only).

The National Tournament Chihaya and co are in right now in anime and manga is the High School Tournement and have nothing to to with the Titles and is mix gender tourney. Shinobu doesn't really have to enter, in fact the manga pointed that out with some high school players even committee members wonder why she enters such tournament that has few real high-level players.

Spoiler for Shinobu:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny (Post 3932963)
Not really shipping anyone because I think for the time being romance will be slow n' go. I just like to see more of Arata and after glancing at vol 15, the ending was pretty good...

I am curious though for the pairings...
Spoiler:

Personally I think that it was more of set up on title matches

considering that,

Spoiler for style analysis:

GundamZZ 2012-01-20 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker (Post 3933717)
I think you meant volume 12, volume 14 is all about the Semi and Final though it still took place on the same day.

Spoiler for Volume 12:

Even she intentionally reject him, he still has her phone number. Something is going on.

Just shout out. My favorite muda bijin are:
1. Wakayama Shinobu
2. Ayase Chihaya
3. Oosaka Megumu
4. Yamashiro Rion

Undertaker 2012-01-22 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by GundamZZ (Post 3959482)
Even she intentionally reject him, he still has her phone number. Something is going on.

What do you mean?

BTW I approve of the ranking with exception that Kanade should be 3rd and the others at 4th and 5th.

GundamZZ 2012-01-23 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker (Post 3961384)
What do you mean?

BTW I approve of the ranking with exception that Kanade should be 3rd and the others at 4th and 5th.

Spoiler:

Kanade is a lovely lady, but she's not muda in comparison. I only compared them by faces. Although she has the large (cough), she's not bijin. The girl with glasses may not rated as bijin, but I think she has the potential. I only list four because they have more unusal attributes than other ladies.

Undertaker 2012-01-23 03:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by GundamZZ (Post 3963566)
Spoiler:

Kanade is a lovely lady, but she's not muda in comparison. I only compared them by faces. Although she has the large (cough), she's not bijin. The girl with glasses may not rated as bijin, but I think she has the potential. I only list four because they have more unusal attributes than other ladies.

Spoiler for Just in case:

Kanade might not be a traditional bijin, but she is moe and cute and I don't don't deduct point on that. Speaking of face only though, the short hair girl that is in the same team as the glasses girl is pretty nice IMO as well.

GundamZZ 2012-01-24 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker (Post 3963676)

Spoiler for just in case:

Quote:

Speaking of face only though, the short hair girl that is in the same team as the glasses girl is pretty nice IMO as well.
I only remember that "down to earth girl" who played against Chihaya. She's a reliable friend of the girl with glassess. I have to search for short hair girl's information.

Undertaker 2012-01-24 04:29

True, but if anything

Quote:

Originally Posted by GundamZZ (Post 3965021)
I only remember that "down to earth girl" who played against Chihaya. She's a reliable friend of the girl with glassess. I have to search for short hair girl's information.

I might be wrong on the team. I meant the short hair girl who talked to Komano when he was scouting the other team. You know the girl who told him the the girls are stronger in their club than boys. I think it was the team with a pretty hot teacher.

GundamZZ 2012-01-25 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker (Post 3965355)
True, but if anything

I might be wrong on the team. I meant the short hair girl who talked to Komano when he was scouting the other team. You know the girl who told him the the girls are stronger in their club than boys. I think it was the team with a pretty hot teacher.

I don't remember the girls, but I think she's probably from Tokyo preliminary. From that stage, I only remember girl whose kept saying
Spoiler:

By the way, the hot teacher description only reminds me about the cute Fujisaki girl in the national.

Undertaker 2012-01-25 04:11

She is from Fujiskai, not the that girl though, I was referring to the blond in the middle panel of the lower left corner.919

EDIT:

Missing Scene form EP19:

Spoiler for EP 19 missing Scene:

Kirarakim 2012-02-16 05:41

Thanks for the update about Arata. Kind of surprised the anime would skip such a scene, I mean it's not like we get much of him to begin with.

Also Taichi is still in Class B in the manga? Poor Taichi :(

MichiNekoChan 2012-02-17 00:48

I'm hoping that sooner or later well see a match between Arata and Shinobu in the anime.

(or if the scanlators get far enough in the manga)

GundamZZ 2012-02-24 21:45

You bet. The semi-final is over. Shinobu beats the western representative and Ararta beats the ero captain.

The gaiju battles are coming.

Spoiler: