AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Yosuga no Sora (18+ PC Game, Sphere) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=97992)

relentlessflame 2010-10-04 23:35

Yosuga no Sora (18+ PC Game, Sphere)

This is a thread devoted to the PC game Yosuga no Sora and the subsequent fandisk Haruka na Sora, release by eroge maker Sphere. The former is currently being adapted into a TV Anime.

This thread will allow game players to discuss the game, make spoiler-rich comparisons or speculation about the anime based on the game, or just discuss the game in general.

If spoiling major plot events from the game, please remember to use spoiler tags.

ZeKeR 2010-10-04 23:43

now i need to hit myself at the seriously WRONG level of heroine here... GOD!!!! tho i couldnt understand the game that much... i know for sure the guy with Haruka is his TWIN sister....

Slayn 2010-10-05 01:01

This is coming from a person who fully played the eroge (finished Akira's and Sora's route only though and I haven't played the FD yet) I wonder what the plot will be for the anime version because from the eroge....

Spoiler:

But in the anime all of a sudden you got the relative that wanted to take care of them live a block away from their new home...... that pretty much was the basis for Sora's route. (well the beginning of the eroge)

The whole kiss scene when they were young in the anime version seems so... cliche for "proof" that they "love" each other in that way.... it makes it seem that Haruka was the one that fell in love with Sora and not the other way around.

Spoiler:

I feel sorry for Ryohei, he wasn't even introduced in the 1st ep of the anime yet but in that omake (?) ending he's shown there lol

relentlessflame 2010-10-05 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayn (Post 3281044)

But in the anime all of a sudden you got the relative that wanted to take care of them live a block away from their new home...... that pretty much was the basis for Sora's route. (well the beginning of the eroge)

I don't think anything shown in the first episode in this regard exactly contradicts anything from the game (yet). They've resequenced things significantly in order to introduce the characters and the plot more quickly, but a lot of the "background" questions haven't been addressed. They may go back to them later. I have the feeling that the anime writer really wanted to have as much impact as possible with the first episode to give people an idea of what sort of show this would be (for better or worse).

Quote:

The whole kiss scene when they were young in the anime version seems so... cliche for "proof" that they "love" each other in that way.... it makes it seem that Haruka was the one that fell in love with Sora and not the other way around.

Spoiler:

Yeah, you can see the discussion about that in the anime thread. I personally wonder if that whole flashback isn't a red herring (like maybe it's Sora's version of events, and not the actual truth). If so, it too may not contradict the game (even if its anime-original inclusion is a bit mysterious).

Spoiler:

Quote:

I feel sorry for Ryohei, he wasn't even introduced in the 1st ep of the anime yet but in that omake (?) ending he's shown there lol

Heh... if I remember correctly, he at least got a mention in Haruka's monologue to Sora about the day's goings-on at school, but yeah. I sort of understand their priorities, though. :heh:

Slayn 2010-10-05 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 3281056)
I don't think anything shown in the first episode in this regard exactly contradicts anything from the game (yet). They've resequenced things significantly in order to introduce the characters and the plot more quickly, but a lot of the "background" questions haven't been addressed. They may go back to them later. I have the feeling that the anime writer really wanted to have as much impact as possible with the first episode to give people an idea of what sort of show this would be (for better or worse).

Yeah, you can see the discussion about that in the anime thread. I personally wonder if that whole flashback isn't a red herring (like maybe it's Sora's version of events, and not the actual truth). If so, it too may not contradict the game (even if its anime-original inclusion is a bit mysterious).

Spoiler:

Heh... if I remember correctly, he at least got a mention in Haruka's monologue to Sora about the day's goings-on at school, but yeah. I sort of understand their priorities, though. :heh:

Yeah you're right it's just the first episode but they sure are going fast and in your face with the anime's "central theme" :eyespin: (better way to hook an audience?)

And I wonder what's with the whole cold shoulder treatment Haruka is giving Ako because that sure as hell didn't happen in the game (well it's only the 1st ep so time will only tell...)

I never noticed Hauka mentioning Ryohei in the anime.... might give it another re-watch oh and I love how the anime's soundtrack sounds like it's from the actual game itself (I wonder if they got the composer from the game to do the anime's bgm)

Francismeunier 2010-10-05 01:31

Ok one question regarding Sora's health....is it not physical only? I don't see how a weak body can be linked to a weak mentality....seems like the kiss in the beginning might Sora's mind playing tricks but it could be the truth. Why would she be jealous of all the girls?

relentlessflame 2010-10-05 01:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Francismeunier (Post 3281077)
Ok one question regarding Sora's health....is it not physical only? I don't see how a weak body can be linked to a weak mentality....seems like the kiss in the beginning might Sora's mind playing tricks but it could be the truth. Why would she be jealous of all the girls?

These are really questions that are best left for the anime to reveal, to be honest. We probably could spoil you, but I think it'd ruin some of the story's best drama and revelations... so I recommend you wait and see.

But yes, when Haruka was speaking of her poor health, he was referring to her physical health. Suffice it to say for now that her emotional/mental health is partly related to the consequences of that.

Slayn 2010-10-05 02:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 3281083)
These are really questions that are best left for the anime to reveal, to be honest. We probably could spoil you, but I think it'd ruin some of the story's best drama and revelations... so I recommend you wait and see.

But yes, when Haruka was speaking of her poor health, he was referring to her physical health. Suffice it to say for now that her emotional/mental health is partly related to the consequences of that.

Yeah just wait and see (unless you want to get spoiled) but I hope the anime isn't going to use a nice boat ending....

Spoiler:

I just hope they flesh out the relationship between Akira and Kazuha because just from that scene it makes them look like they are lesbians...

Spoiler:

Francismeunier 2010-10-05 02:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 3281083)

Spoil me? I saw all the CG so explaining them to me in PM would be nice and I would not feel spoiled at all. Also read the manga to the latest chapters so I have a good idea of things still.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayn (Post 3281121)
Yeah just wait and see (unless you want to get spoiled) but I hope the anime isn't going to use a nice boat ending....

Ok spill it out! What is the nice boat ending! I don't want to be O_O like in school days ed.

Slayn 2010-10-05 03:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Francismeunier (Post 3281154)
Spoil me? I saw all the CG so explaining them to me in PM would be nice and I would not feel spoiled at all. Also read the manga to the latest chapters so I have a good idea of things still.

Ok spill it out! What is the nice boat ending! I don't want to be O_O like in school days ed.

Just seeing the CG's from the eroge won't give you the full "picture" of the story and I meant if the anime is going to use an original type of bad ending (even though that "nice boat" ending in School Days could of happened in the eroge but that game had already enough of bad ends >_>)

There is no "nice boat" ending in the eroge even though....

Spoiler:

Francismeunier 2010-10-05 03:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayn (Post 3281180)
There is no "nice boat" ending in the eroge even though....

Spoiler:

That might a interesting drama point should they put this....it might happen since Sora at one point is seen in the water and drowning is not a far fetch idea.....this might be interesting to see if this happens.

Klashikari 2010-10-05 05:31

That would only be a good drama if they aren't rushing the development and relationships between all the characters.
As far as Sora may be "helpless", she isn't hopeless regarding her mental state, otherwise it would be quite a huge problem if haru engage with any other girl (although there is a lot of tension with Nao for obvious reasons).

So using the "desperately craving for Haru" card right from the get go is really not a sound choice in my eyes, considering it will drag the problem for a very long while, which won't be any good in term of story telling.

Skyfall 2010-10-05 10:57

As far as the anime goes, i am really curious (to put it politely) why they took the choices they did - It might be me having preset knowledge of how the story "should" go clouding my creativity process, but i fail to see what they gain by dropping Sora's ball on us this early. The events that happened at end of ep1 ... i would expect such a development with Sora past halfway point at the earliest, and now i am left scratching my head. What will they do now ? I really think Haru and Sora starting a relationship this early is not going to happen, so what then ? Obviously Haru will dodge the situation, then what ? Will they pretend it never happened next morning and life goes on, but with the incident lingering in Haru's mind as something that would prevent him from pursuing other relationships because he feels something is Not Right with Sora ?

Sora walking in on Haru was obviously played for shock value as a possible hook for the viewers, but i am quite concerned what they will do with their hand, now that it has been played. Like i mentioned in the anime thread, it feels like the show is in a huge rush to do "something", but i have little idea what or why. I guess we will find out ...

I have other qualms with it as well, such as, in my opinion, not so well portrayed dynamics between Akira and Kazuha (though there is time to remedy that) and haru truing in to a magnet for opposite sex, but my prime concern would be the general direction they are trying to take the story with the elements they introduced in first episode.

relentlessflame 2010-10-05 11:19

Yeah, I think they were definitely trying to hook the anime-only viewer early with this re-sequencing (and also surprise us game players by this rapid development). In the game, the scene at the end of the first episode didn't happen until... much, much later. It was still a bit of a precursor into the Sora path, but had much more build-up. By doing it this way, it sets the tone for the entire adaptation as one that will be full of tension and drama. Even the way they setup the situation with Nao was a lot more tension-filled than the early days of the game.

I guess I'm sort of willing to wait and see. Even if it ends up being a totally different story in the end, it may be entertaining in its own way. The crazy amount of bonus episodes (5?!) also raises a lot of questions about how they're going to do this anime and make it work as a cohesive narrative. If all else fails, at least it might be interesting, and we still have the game as the definitive work.

Klashikari 2010-10-05 11:24

The problem I see with the path they have taken is the fact the tension will reach its boiling limit way too early.
As Sky mentioned, it is unlikely for Haru to engage himself in a relationship with Sora (or with any girl for that matter), yet if they are putting Sora in such psychological strain, what then? Sora's issue is definitely her worries and very heavy insecure feelings that make the stone rolling, to the point it is uncontrollable when you reach her route.
So if they don't do anything, the storytelling will have to deal with something that can be suppressed only with very bad scripting (ignoring the matter altogether) or the abusive use of plot device.

If they really wanted to hook people that badly, perhaps they could simply use some tension with Sora's monologue and Nao (since both of them know the "whole deal").

Skyfall 2010-10-05 11:34

Mmm, don't know about tension with Nao, to me it felt like lost in transition (rapid scenery change transition). I "know" it is there because i have played the game and can interpret things in a way to make them fit what i know of the relationships (while someone like Nightengale was wondering if he was having an amnesia up until the end :heh:), but i don't think thus far the anime has been very good in projecting the heavy atmosphere, which was one of Yosuga's most distinguishing features in my opinion.

Obviously they have the time to settle down and start fleshing out the setup and characters now, but "rushed" is one of the first words that comes to mind. I Also find it grimly amusing that a number of people are already jumping at what they perceive as a possibility for a "bad end". I wonder if the increased shock value of the first episode hasn't created some wrong impressions out there. (Then again, it is hard to speculate at the upcoming intentions of the anime).

As for the bonus episodes - somehow i have a feeling those might be "alternate endings" for the other heroines - you can bet that is one thing people would buy :heh: I don't think they would be taking the Wind's approach with actual prime story content being available only that way.

relentlessflame 2010-10-05 11:56

I suppose it's possible -- though not at all likely -- that they could do some weird things with the timeline, and either tell the anime in an arc format, or have it re-told from various perspectives. This could explain why they're rushing down one path really quickly.

I don't know if that's particularly likely, but hey... if they're trying to be unconventional in the way they're adapting the game, I suppose there are a lot of ways to go about it...

Slayn 2010-10-05 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 3281752)
I suppose it's possible -- though not at all likely -- that they could do some weird things with the timeline, and either tell the anime in an arc format, or have it re-told from various perspectives. This could explain why they're rushing down one path really quickly.

I don't know if that's particularly likely, but hey... if they're trying to be unconventional in the way they're adapting the game, I suppose there are a lot of ways to go about it...

Well the next episode seems like it's going to focus on Akira so arc format? hopefully they don't ruin her image.....
Spoiler:

And I don't like the sudden breasts on Akira and on Sora somewhat.... well the size on Sora's seems random in the anime lol

Francismeunier 2010-10-05 18:36

Interesting things being said so far.....have any of you ever though that things might be more like imagination parts such as what happens at the end being a dream sort of so that it goes back into zero. If I remember correctly in the manga the next episode is where Sora decides to come to school but later on will cause problems with her health so my statement stands as there will be a reset or something like that.

TBH I am expecting the unexpected especially since that maid jerk off at the end. :heh::heh:

relentlessflame 2010-10-05 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Francismeunier (Post 3282377)
have any of you ever though that things might be more like imagination parts such as what happens at the end being a dream sort of so that it goes back into zero.

Yes, I think I talked about that possibility in... one of the two threads, anyway. They've already messed with perception a number of times, so it wouldn't be at all unlike them to do it again. That being said, if they really make it like that last scene didn't happen at all... well, that would be a bit cheap. :heh: