AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) Akame ga kill [Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=104799)

AlaAlba 2011-06-11 08:10

Akame ga kill [Manga]

Quote:

Tatsumi is a fighter who just got robbed by a pretty girl, but his luck seems to be looking up, as another pretty girl has taken him in. What he doesn’t know is that this girl is about to be visited by a family of assassins (including the girl who robbed him) and they might be the good guys, and be recruiting...
mangaupdate

Otakami did chapter 2 just 4 days ago. Anyone else like this manga? I really like the main guy who doesn't hesitate to kill, though he's a bit naive :(.

though the death rate (of the good guy) is quite high in this manga, which is a low point for me.

edit: this manga is not for those faint of heart.

Mizuno 2011-06-11 08:16

Yeah the good guys are like fodder in this series, so it's best not to be attached to anyone in particular...

I have seen up to the latest raw, hope the scan pick it up faster. This is a pretty decent manga.

Ravenblitz 2011-06-11 09:13

ohh very nice a thread love the manga! hope they catch up to the latest volumes

i love settings in a sick fantasy world... :heh:
and i like Tatsumi as MC he can fight, has an attitude but naive & Akame-chan <3

Bonta Kun 2011-06-11 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenblitz (Post 3648173)
ohh very nice a thread love the manga! hope they catch up to the latest volumes

i love settings in a sick fantasy world... :heh:
and i like Tatsumi as MC he can fight, has an attitude but naive & Akame-chan <3

Yea I quite like the setting as well, it's not so over the top like you would usually get where it's all just blood and gore and more blood and gore.

Also the fact the 2 other guys were killed like that came as a little surprise, not like I could be happy with it but it's certainly something a little different.

I hope the author does follow through with Tatsumi becoming a killing machine.

and yea Akame-chan <3

AlaAlba 2011-06-11 10:34

when the 2 other guys were known to be already dead I was like wtfroflbbq :heh:, but our angry feeling doesn't get dragged into another some hellish hundreds chapters like in other shonen-oh-so-pure-manga. thanks to Tatsumi :p

though really I didn't get prepared for the rollercoaster ride when I picked this manga and more went :upset::upset: when the madam had her head "unpicked" :heh:

Akame-chan and the cat girl :love:

Tom Bombadil 2011-06-11 12:28

After reading this thread, I went marathon-ed all 15 chapters. It is a bit too gory and there were too much cruelty, which is hard to stomach occasionally. Other than that, the author has had us guessing on the plot, which is good. So I hope the plot doesn't get too stale and formative: it is easy to fall into the trap of introducing new characters with cool abilities and let the main character climb the power ladder. The characters are typical shounen characters, a bit shallow, but fits the genre fine, I guess.

iceyfw 2011-06-11 13:16

i'm always a sucker for types of manga like these. tatsumi has to change his naivety when it comes to killing at some point, and then he'll be a badass in my eyes.

Ravenblitz 2011-06-11 17:37

yeah the question is why it is shounen? would it be more good if it becomes seinen though the "comedy" will lessen

Asuras 2011-06-11 18:51

Did not see that coming. :heh:

It's got some nice potential, and the character designs are decent, so I'm liking it.

Xacual 2011-06-11 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenblitz (Post 3648637)
yeah the question is why it is shounen? would it be more good if it becomes seinen though the "comedy" will lessen

Seinen and shounen are pretty much determined by the magazine a series runs in. They are just the targeted demographics of the magazine. People seem to think they are genres themselves for some reason.

Kleeyook 2011-07-11 10:39

Authority is evil! This manga reeks of this trope. :p

AlaAlba 2012-02-08 10:15

Nice to see this one again, just read volume 4
Spoiler for 4:

Kleeyook 2012-02-08 11:06

Spoiler for RAW vol. 4:

Spoiler for recent chapters:

Mizuno 2012-02-08 15:42

Spoiler for vol 4:

Kleeyook 2012-02-08 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizuno (Post 3994713)
Spoiler for vol 4:

Spoiler for General Esdes:

Mizuno 2012-02-08 21:18

I would gladly choose to live that moment of heaven before the inevitable death. How can you say no to that? :p

Kleeyook 2012-02-09 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizuno (Post 3995252)
I would gladly choose to live that moment of heaven before the inevitable death. How can you say no to that? :p

Maybe he's too scared to getting aroused. :p

Flames 2012-05-01 18:30

It seems vol.5 is out for this series. Also a translation of chapter 3 was just release. I wonder how this series is going to end.

whsie 2012-05-01 19:17

this series is pretty amazing, but as someone said, it's not all merry go-lucky. There is some pretty dark stuff. It certainly doesn't shy away from the realism in war.

You see just about everything- death, rape, torture, etc.

Flames 2012-05-01 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by whsie (Post 4140500)
this series is pretty amazing, but as someone said, it's not all merry go-lucky. There is some pretty dark stuff. It certainly doesn't shy away from the realism in war.

You see just about everything- death, rape, torture, etc.

I feel the Main Character is doing the right thing but he may be hunted for revenge later on by those who felt he took someone dear to them away. Even though the people he killed may have deserve it the people family and friends may see as in a different way.