AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru Majutsu no Index (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Index s1 and Railgun License Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=95078)

relentlessflame 2010-07-03 02:49

Index s1 and Railgun License Discussion

After having the announcement partially spoiled by Geneon Universal, Funimation announced at AX that they will be releasing the Toaru Majutsu no Index (first season) and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun series in English on home media in North America.

This thread is to discuss this development as details continue to be released over time.

MrTerrorist 2010-07-03 03:29

One word.

(Put on sunglasses.)

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

tsunade666 2010-07-03 04:06

I'll ready my earplug. It's might be needed or not.

Dominic Night 2010-07-03 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 3118804)
After having the announcement partially spoiled by Geneon Universal, Funimation announced at AX that they will be releasing the Toaru Majutsu no Index (first season) and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun series in English on home media in North America.

This thread is to discuss this development as details continue to be released over time.

YES! :D

Does this mean, dub?

CrowKenobi 2010-07-03 11:30

Since it's Funimation, that would be a big YES! :D

Which means that they'll get my money! :p

next year!

Hell_ping 2010-07-03 11:46

Now we can sit back and speculate who are going to be the VAs now... It's not going to be horrible, considering that it's Funimation doing this (still looking back at OP:rolleyes:), but one can only wait and see how they'll handle this.

hinakatbklyn 2010-07-03 19:46

I went the whole day not realizing that both Index and Railgun were licensed. Funimation I think is the best choice for this series.

RPG_Fanatic 2010-07-03 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn (Post 3119807)
I went the whole day not realizing that both Index and Railgun were licensed. Funimation I think is the best choice for this series.

Same here. This announcement made my summer. :D
First a second season of Index is coming this fall, now the first season and railgun are licensed by Funimation.
I hope we get more information soon.

SuzushinaYuriko 2010-07-03 20:39

WHOOHOO!! I wonder who'll voice everyone? And who can pull off Accel's crazy/cool voice? Can't wait, I hope Funimation doesn't screw up this dub like they have for some series.

Roloko vi Britannia 2010-07-04 00:18

Never got past episode 8 of Index and I loved it, but my comp crashed and I got so far behind that I didn't go back to watch the rest of it. This will be another buy for me next year

Dark Paladin X 2010-07-04 01:49

Just for fun, I've thought up of different separate dub casts (one using Californian VA if this title is a Bang Zoom! title) and one using Texan VA. Bear in note that the Texan have a few blanks that needed to be filled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang Zoom!
James Arnold Taylor or Vic Mignogna-Touma Kamijou
Kate Higgins-Index
Cristina Valenzuela- Mikoto Misaka
Wendee Lee- Kuroko Shirai
Johnny Yong Bosch- Accelerator
Hynden Walch- Komoe-sensei
Kirk Thornton- Heaven Canceler
Steve Blum- Stiyl Magnus
Kari Wahlgren- Aisa Himegami
Michelle Ruff- Kaori Kanzaki, Aiho Yomikawa
Liam O'Brien- Aureolus Izzard, Ao Amai
Stephanie Sheh- Maika Tsuchimikado, Hyoka Kazakiri, Last Order
Doug Erholtz-Motoharu Tsuchimikado
Crispin Freeman- Mitsuki Unabara, Aleister Crowley, Touya Kamijou
Yuri Lowenthal- Pierce Aogami
Laura Bailey- MISAKA
Karen Strassman-Sherry Cromwell, Kikyou Yoshikawa

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan VA
Touma Kamijou- Vic Mignogna (despite working in some Californian dubs recently, it also works with Texas as well) or Chris Patton
Index- Monica Rial
Mikoto Misaka- Luci Christian
Kuroko Shirai- Caitlin Glass
Accelerator- Johnny Yong Bosch
Komoe-sensei- Hillary Haag
Heaven Canceler-
Stiyl Magnus- Travis Willingham or David Mantranga
Kaori Kanzaki- Kira Vincent-Davis
Aisa Himegami-
Aiho Yomikawa-
Aureolus Izzard-
Ao Amai-
Maika Tsuchimikado-
Hyoka Kazakiri-
Last Order- Carrie Savage
Motoharu Tsuchimikado- Todd Haberkorn
Mitsuki Unabara- Jerry Jewell
Aleister Crowley- Jerry Jewell
Touya Kamijou-
Pierce Aogami- Greg Ayres
MISAKA- Laura Bailey
Sherry Cromwell-
Kikyou Yoshikawa-

I was originally going to share this with hinakatbklyn (privately), but I might as well show this publicly.

Not Random 2010-07-04 11:19

I really like that list, but wouldn't Crispin Freeman be more suited towards Izzard? I just can't imagine Aleister or Unabara having the voice of Alucard...

And excuse me if I'm ignorant, but isn't Funimation going to be dubbing this in-house?

hinakatbklyn 2010-07-04 12:33

Funimation is 90% in house, but they might pick up one or two voice actors outside. I have my opinion of who I would want to voice which characters, but the above choices for Funimation are who I think would fit each role (although I have someone else in mind for Kuroko).

bombyethan1000 2010-07-04 12:36

I don't get it if the source material, ie novels aren't licensed why would they even license the tv series?

SuzushinaYuriko 2010-07-04 13:41

That happens all the time. An example would be Baccano! (which had a great dub, but MY GOD SOMEBODY LICENSE THE LIGHT NOVELS ALREADY SO I CAN READ THEM ;_;)

I really want the Index light novels to be licensed, but then again it would take ages to translate them and get the books out, so I'm worried about my impatience if that does happen. :heh:

tsunade666 2010-07-04 14:15

It's not like it's easy to license Light Novels. They are much harder to translate than Manga. Which consume more man power. Plus Light Novels aren't that popular in states.

If index light novel would be licensed I would pre-order it as soon as I saw it.

But for the Voice actor I don't have any idea on names. I have watch dubbed series but I'm not familiar with the names of the voice behind it.

But it's a good thing the anime is license. I can finally buy it in store :D

hinakatbklyn 2010-07-04 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 3120890)

But it's a good thing the anime is license. I can finally buy it in store :D

Can't really decide if they should wait the average 6 months to 1 year (maybe longer) before releasing these series as long as the dubs are very good or have the series released as soon as possible.

jin jin5000 2010-07-04 16:51

They will never get accel's voice right

Dark Paladin X 2010-07-04 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by jin jin5000 (Post 3121143)

Unless they get Johnny Yong Bosch to voice Accelerator. Along with Cristina Vee as Misaka Mikoto.

Yui Is My Wife 2010-07-04 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by jin jin5000 (Post 3121143)

For all we know they would just go for Crispin Freeman in "Vash-The-Stampeede" high pitch mode, minus the "nice-guy" aspects.

And of course, it would be very difficult to nail Kuroko's voice without making her sound like an old lady in English... She would easily be the most difficult one to cast.