AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Heavy Object [Light Novel] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108287)

Gundam Meister 2011-11-12 15:22

Heavy Object [Light Novel]

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/im..._v01_cover.jpg

Author : Kamachi Kazuma
Illustrator : Nagiryo

Summary: In the end, war couldn't be extinguished. But, there was a transformation. Even in the heart of a worthless accomplice in murder who was indifferently continuing his task, there was a transformation. The massive weapon "Object". This was a weapon that changed the whole definition of war. An exchange student named Kwenser, who was dispatched to the battlefield, met at the base a girl with a strange aura. The girl, dubbed "Elite", is the pilot of "Object". The near future. This diminutive boy had come to take on the role of standing up against the strongest weapon "Object" for the sake of the girl. This was the motive for their first meeting.

Gundam Meister 2011-11-13 15:49

Part 9 of Chapter 1 of Vol 1 has been translated So far Quenser seem like a fusion of Touma and Hamazura

Gundam Meister 2011-11-20 19:21

Am i the only one reading this series here ? well the latest translated part make me question on how Quenser and the other will resolve their current situation

Shadow5YA 2011-11-20 23:22

I read the manga adaptation, and that's about it.

Master Assassin 2011-11-21 00:22

I only skimmed through the illustrations...

Spoiler for Volume 3:

Miraluka 2012-02-10 20:40

Booooooo! I want to see said illustrations, can anyone update them on BT?

Kleeyook 2012-02-14 14:08

Is this LN a harem series!? There are 2 male MCs and both seem to go for the same girls...

AlaAlba 2012-02-14 22:57

haha, I only read this one because Kamachi did this. But this one is really boring, it's boring like hell for me. Surprised to see it's the same works by index's author, he must be sleeping while writing this. :D

Miraluka 2012-02-15 09:48

Finally, translations are getting updated on BT.

Hell_ping 2012-02-15 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 4007343)
Finally, translations are getting updated on BT.

:eyebrow:You do realize who's the one translating this series, right?

Miraluka 2012-02-15 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh_Ping (Post 4007445)
:eyebrow:You do realize who's the one translating this series, right?

I was stuck on Chapter 2 and after I returned to check Chapter 3 was about the end :heh:.

Miraluka 2012-02-23 20:27

For those interested, vol.1 is completed.

Gundam Meister 2012-04-16 12:30

Translation on volume 2 has started

Endscape 2012-04-16 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam Meister (Post 4111132)
Translation on volume 2 has started

Thanks for the update, friend. You can always count on js06.

PCheshire 2012-04-17 00:09

sigh... anyone mind spoiling someone?
...at least describe the mc a bit more detailed
<-demanding much :D

Miraluka 2012-04-17 00:28

And then mi ship-o'meter HeiviaxFloretia went up 2 levels.

XFire 2012-05-07 23:20

I read the trans of vol 2, and something caught me as odd (not the penguins). Is Hevia (the womanizer) already in love with that noble girl?

It seems like Quenser is the harem guy (princess, the foreign pilot, Floryietta) while Hevia is the dueteragonist who already has a relationship.

Chaos2Frozen 2012-05-08 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCheshire (Post 4111994)
sigh... anyone mind spoiling someone?
...at least describe the mc a bit more detailed
<-demanding much :D

Describe the mc?

If you are familiar with Kamachi's main series Index then he's pretty much cut from the same cloth as Kamijou and Hamazura. Saying this much should give you some idea.

If you are NOT familiar with the Index series, then the mc can be best described using three words- goofy, dependable and innovative. He's a pretty funny guy especially when partner with his best friend, they're like one of those buddy cop duos. But at the same time they're a reliable bunch that you can count on to do the craziest things and succeed. Kamachi likes his heroes to be creative thinkers, rather than overpowered monsters. I've only seen the manga, but basically in the span of those 5 chapters, the mc and his buddy took out a giant mecha all by themselves, without using another mecha. Imagine taking out a Gundam without using another overpowered mech.

(EDIT: Apparently, those five chapters equal to only the first chapter of the LN -_-)

XFire 2012-05-08 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4150150)
Describe the mc?

If you are familiar with Kamachi's main series Index then he's pretty much cut from the same cloth as Kamijou and Hamazura. Saying this much should give you some idea.

If you are NOT familiar with the Index series, then the mc can be best described using three words- goofy, dependable and innovative. He's a pretty funny guy especially when partner with his best friend, they're like one of those buddy cop duos. But at the same time they're a reliable bunch that you can count on to do the craziest things and succeed. Kamachi likes his heroes to be creative thinkers, rather than overpowered monsters. I've only seen the manga, but basically in the span of those 5 chapters, the mc and his buddy took out a giant mecha all by themselves, without using another mecha. Imagine taking out a Gundam without using another overpowered mech.

(EDIT: Apparently, those five chapters equal to only the first chapter of the LN -_-)

Actually, I like Quenser better than Kamijo, because he really is normal. He doesn't have Imagine Breaker, or some equivalent. The only thing he had was a bunch of explosives and an ally in trouble. And trust me, the following chapters in the novel make him even more badass.

dragon1412 2012-05-09 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by XFire (Post 4150877)
Actually, I like Quenser better than Kamito, because he really is normal. He doesn't have Imagine Breaker, or some equivalent. The only thing he had was a bunch of explosives and an ally in trouble. And trust me, the following chapters in the novel make him even more badass.

you mean Kamijou right ? :heh: