AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Haruhi Suzumiya (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The Movie of the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Impressions/Reviews) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93015)

TheHaruhiIncarnate 2010-04-05 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepFriedAsian (Post 2987805)
The movie was really something. Even after several times watching it, certain scenes were just as awesome as when I first saw them. Definitely going in my (now-pulled-out-of-my-ass) top 5 anime movies list.

Can't wait for the BD/DVD release!

Ahhh. See you have joined. It's me, La.

AmyElizzabeth 2010-04-06 18:30

Saw it. Loved it.
Although the blinking screen annoyed me, they did the voicing incredibly way (applause to Sugita)

Khu 2010-04-06 19:30

"incredibly way"?

Game8910 2010-04-06 20:26

Agree with Amy, as a novel...Nagato stole the show...but in the movie, Sugita's acting as Kyon was just purely amazing, Kyon was the grand star of this movie and Sugita deserves an award for this lol

AmyElizzabeth 2010-04-06 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khu (Post 2990839)
"incredibly way"?

I meant incredibly well..:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game8910 (Post 2990911)
Agree with Amy, as a novel...Nagato stole the show...but in the movie, Sugita's acting as Kyon was just purely amazing, Kyon was the grand star of this movie and Sugita deserves an award for this lol

:) Sugita has always done really well with Kyon, but here's where he shone...voice-wise

Tyabann 2010-04-07 00:02

This was... the only real complaint I can come up with is that some scenes, especially the ones that were just dialogue (talking heads), kind of dragged, more due to me having read the book before than anything else... but The Best Goddamn Internal Monologue Of All Time more than made up for it. KyoAni is the best studio at mindfuck sequences ever. Yes, even better than Gainax.

I came in expecting a lot of Moe Yuki Lovefest Time and instead got Kyon being the best fucking protagonist in the history of anime. 10 out of motherfucking 10. :heh: I'm totally buying the BD no matter how much effort and money it takes.

Jintor 2010-04-07 04:04

There's a ringing endorsement if I ever heard one.

Myself, I'll wait for a non-camrip.

Animexcel 2010-04-07 08:13

They edited the "READY?" track in that cool sequence. Oh well, I really enjoyed it and now my mind can concentrate elsewhere til the blu ray comes. Stoked for Kick-Ass! and I wouldn't say Yuki "stole" the show, Kyon was still the center of the movie.

TheHaruhiIncarnate 2010-04-07 19:15

i dunno. regular Yuki is MUCH better than Alt!Yuki becuase i've never liked Moe things and Mikuru already anoyed the hell out of me. i don't think I can take another person in the SOS brigade like that. Regualr!Yuki is SOOOOO much more badass. XD

idk if i'm the only one. *shruggs*

Tyabann 2010-04-07 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHaruhiIncarnate (Post 2992833)
i dunno. regular Yuki is MUCH better than Alt!Yuki becuase i've never liked Moe things and Mikuru already anoyed the hell out of me. i don't think I can take another person in the SOS brigade like that. Regualr!Yuki is SOOOOO much more badass. XD

I can't stand either.

quigonkenny 2010-04-08 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 2992840)
I can't stand either.

Yeah... We know...

^_^

AmyElizzabeth 2010-04-08 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHaruhiIncarnate (Post 2992833)
i dunno. regular Yuki is MUCH better than Alt!Yuki becuase i've never liked Moe things and Mikuru already anoyed the hell out of me. i don't think I can take another person in the SOS brigade like that. XD

idk if i'm the only one. *shruggs*

AGREED!
Alt!Yuki waskinda like...another Mikuru

roankun 2010-04-09 06:33

wth? mazui subbed it. lol ^^

http://mazuisubs.com/68

P.S. if this aint allowed, sorry. inform me and i'll remove it immediately.
P.P.S. i haven't watched the camrip and will not watch the camrip. i hereby promise that in the name of my goddess, Suzumiya Haruhi.

~Yami~ 2010-04-09 06:46

aw! Thanks for the link!! I appreciate it! ^^

Vegard Aune 2010-04-09 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by roankun (Post 2995252)
wth? mazui subbed it. lol ^^

http://mazuisubs.com/68

P.S. if this aint allowed, sorry. inform me and i'll remove it immediately.
P.P.S. i haven't watched the camrip and will not watch the camrip. i hereby promise that in the name of my goddess, Suzumiya Haruhi.

Must... Resist... Temptation... To watch...!!!

It's nice of them to offer a sub of the camrip, but seeing how they admitted themselves that it looks awful, I think I'd rather wait until the DVD comes out.

AmyElizzabeth 2010-04-09 07:43

I was planning on showing my friend, anyway, so subs would be awesome. As I said before, I'm screwing quality right now and just watching it >:3

ac195 2010-04-09 11:57

Had a look at the cam rip subs.

If you read the book... the cam rip isn't that big of a deal.

That last "Arigato" by Nagato at the end was nice... oh, and don't miss the little bit after the credits... that was a pretty heart warming scene.

Still, a definite buy for me whenever this hits dvd/blu-ray.

-Sho- 2010-04-09 12:56

You know what ? "Currently downloading the movie" Can't wait ^^

aegisofrime 2010-04-09 13:01

Mazui basically sacrificed the satisfaction of being able to watch the movie the way it's meant to be watched. Thanks Mazui!

I'm still going to wait for a proper Blu-Ray though. Otherwise I will never be able to forgive myself.

GDB 2010-04-09 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by aegisofrime (Post 2995679)
Mazui basically sacrificed the satisfaction of being able to watch the movie the way it's meant to be watched. Thanks Mazui!

I'm still going to wait for a proper Blu-Ray though. Otherwise I will never be able to forgive myself.

Also means that once the DVD/BluRay is out, they merely have to do one timing shift (pending frame rate conversion, maybe 2 shifts) and encode, and b00m it's released.