AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Bleach (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   [MANGA] Bleach - 097 "Let's Stop the Pendulum" (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=67742)

Zu Ra 2008-06-18 07:08

[MANGA] Bleach - 097 "Let's Stop the Pendulum"

Quote:

* A night has passed. Urahara wakes up to see Shinji who's face is covered by his mask. Shinji is not moving.

* Urahara apologises to Tessai for failing to cure them. Urahara goes outside for some fresh air but is met by the central 46 law enforcement. They are there to arrest him.He is summoned for interrogation and asked where he was last night. He is asked if he was experimenting on hollowification.

* Central 46 suspects that Urahara while in the forrest attempted to use 8 vice captain/captain level shinigami in an evil hollowification experiment. Urahara tells them that it was Aizen who did it and that he was simply trying to help them. However Aizen has 124 general shinigami and 1 captain confirm that he wasn't at the scene the night before.

* Also, during the investigation there was a report claiming the discovery of hollowification research going on at the 12th division.Also, Tessai has been sentenced to serve in the third underground prison for using a forbidden technique.

* For doing taboo research and experimenting on his fellow shinigami resulting in them being heavily injured, Urahara is sentenced to exile in the living world for eternity after having his powers taken from him.

* They then announce that the shinigami who are victims of this experiment will be strictly disposed of as hollows.When Urahara is about to object Yoruichi who has her face covered by a cloth kidnaps both of them and takes them away to the hiding place near sougyoku.

* Yoruichi has already transported the 8 shinigami (vizards) and the new gigai that has been being developed.After listening to Shinji for a while Urahara decides they are in the worst situation possible and thinks of the best way to deal with it.

* Urahara asks Tessai to use Jikantenshi one more time to create a barrier, he will then create 10 gigai for himself, Tessai, Shinji and the rest within 20 hours. Urahara vows to hide himself and spend his time finding a way to get rid of the hollowification.

* The scene changes to Shinji and co in the current day.In the same warehouse, Shinji says that Urahara said there has been no miscalculation and that is the first miscalculation.He says that everything has come to the worst possible scenario as expected.

* Shinji "For real, I am indebted to Urahara.... and then Aizen also." It finishes with someone saying "let's go" and then the Vizards leave the warehouse.

Credits : Spacecat/Yanniv

jelome1989 2008-06-18 07:14

"LETS GO..."

its giving me chills

Animecentred 2008-06-18 07:29

So the truth behind Uruhara's banishment is revealed. "Lets Go", they are gonna suprise quite a few people methinks

WONDERMIKE 2008-06-18 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One (Post 1661842)
If it was indeed Aizen's doing, that Urahara got blamed, why didn't he say so, when talking to Ichigo on Soukyoku-Hill? He had absolutely no reason to hide anything and was basically telling his whole plan anyways.

Aizen knows how stupid/ignorant SS acts, so it's better to give them further reason to distrust Urahara. He also didn't clearly mention something about his plan to visit the king, or kidnapping Orihime and using her as bait/distraction,.. basically he just told them stuff they would have discovered by themselves in a short amount of time.

Quote:

Why did they want to exile Urahara? If Rukia was scentenced to death for something like temporarily giving Shinigami-powers to a human, then it's hard to believe, that giving permanent hollow-powers should be punished less.

Rukia's death sentence was a surprise to many. It shouldn't be considered as "normal routines".

Quote:

Why didn't they ask the Vaizards what really happened?

they only saw them as hollows, it's stupid but you could think the order by ss was "kill it with fire!!111"

Quote:

Where in this scenario was the time for Urahara to hide the Hougyoku inside of Rukia? And even worse: If he was already considered a criminal at this point of time, then why does the central 64 even have documents about the Hougyoku, and that it was hidden in Rukia? (Aizen said he found the info on the Hougyoku in the archives of the central 64 didn't he?)

I always thought he hid the hogyoku when Rukia was on her mission in the real world. Aizen himself stated "when I found out about it you already disappeared in the real world" - disappeared = using the forbidden gigai

Central 46 knew nothing about the Hogyoku or it being hidden inside Rukia, only how to put something inside/outside somebody's soul was archived thanks to Urahara's past research.

Quote:

Also, during the investigation there was a report claiming the discovery of hollowification research going on at the 12th division.
my money is on Mayuri :D

Souryu 2008-06-18 08:46

The Small One,

- Because it's better to do a Flashback to explain this :P

- The one who senteced Rukia to death was Aizen, not the Central 46 that were dead at the moment. Remember that there were quite a few shinigamis that thought it was strange for Rukia to be sentenced to death because of that.

- Remember that the Vaizards were all unconscious when Urahara got to them, except Shinji? Kinda difficult explaining things when you're asleep :heh: Especially when the other side wants to kill you.

- Urahara hiding Hogyouku in Rukia was sheer convenience. There she was, shinigami withouth powers that need a gigai. Perfect time to hide hogyouku forever and ever. And remember that Hogyouku was an experiment from Urahara, so he must had it documented like every scientist would do. The whole thing about Rukia is that she was supposed to come back, but she didn't, because she was powerless and they didn't come back after a long time. Aizen isn't dumb, and realized what Urahara was trying to do.

Sabaku Kyu 2008-06-18 09:13

So, that's it for the flashbacks huh? Well, looks that like many thought, Urahara was exiled for the hollow experiments and not so much the gigai, but the gigai were used for the escape. I wish they had explained a little bit more about the hollowfication process Aizen was using, since we have no idea how it works or why Aizen ended up abandoning it. But maybe that will be explained later. And of course, Isshin's story will have to wait for another time too.

The thing that puzzles me is Shinji's line--that he feels indebted to Aizen and Urahara. He couldn't actually be grateful to Aizen could he? I mean, he ended up getting powers from him, but Aizen still tried to kill them.

Anyways I'm looking forward to the vizards officially entering the battle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE
I always thought he hid the hogyoku when Rukia was on her mission in the real world. Aizen himself stated "when I found out about it you already disappeared in the real world" - disappeared = using the forbidden gigai

That's the idea most people have, but Aizen explained that the Urahara first hid the hougyoku inside Rukia's soul then gave her the gigai when she came to the real world, in order to make sure it would never be found.

Quote:

Central 46 knew nothing about the Hogyoku or it being hidden inside Rukia, only how to put something inside/outside somebody's soul was archived thanks to Urahara's past research.
I'm pretty sure Yamamoto said there were documents about the Hougyoku inside Soul Society's great library (which is normally off-limits to just about everyone).
___

slowmotion 2008-06-18 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu (Post 1661913)

The thing that puzzles me is Shinji's line--that he feels indebted to Aizen and Urahara. He couldn't actually be grateful to Aizen could he? I mean, he ended up getting powers from him, but Aizen still tried to kill them.

___

Yeah this either means that Shinji REALLY wants to kill Aizen, or the vizards are not quite as pro-soulsociety as everyone has been thinking.

9TailsOfDestruction 2008-06-18 10:12

thanks for the spoiler Geta & Spacecat (the infamous always credible translator at ..... Asylum)! Are there any pics circling around to compare with these text spoilers?

FireDetei 2008-06-18 10:55

Quote:

I spose you have to look at it both ways, allbeit he did technically try to kill him, without Aizen's actions Shinji would never have been in the position he currently finds himself.

HiroInazuma 2008-06-18 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One (Post 1662095)
Yes, they thought it was strange... but most of them didn't think, that the punishment was too hard; they accepted it, as it was. And hollowfication seems to be a much severe crime; one which would justify an execution (IMHO). What can be worse?

Even if they did think the punishment was too harsh (people like Shunsui, Ukitake, Byakuya and Renji) It was well established that the central 46's judgements are law and whoever goes against will be punished

Quote:

No. It was made clear, that Urahara hid the Hougyoku before he fled from SS (at a time Rukia wasn't even a Shinigami), and (acording to the original story) he left records in the library. And that doesn't make much sense, now that he obviously had to flee so soon.
BTW; it would make absolutely no sense for Urahara, to have the Hougyoku with him for 100 years and then suddenly decide to hide it inside the next best Shinigami! In this case he could have hidden it inside a human, or even inside Isshin... he would at least have been powerful enough to defend it.
Maybe whilst he was escaping he found Rukia abandoned when she was a baby and put it in her at that time knowing that SS won't go after a baby

Also it explains why the Vaizard hate SS even though it was someone else that hollowfied the Vaizard and despite being good friends to other captains and were loyal to the Gotei 13 they were just looked at like normal Hollows who needed to be disposed of

Defiance 2008-06-18 14:27

Question:
So who's side are the Vizards gonna side with? First thoughts are Urahara, but it wouldnt surprised me if Aizen gets some help as revenge on the cruel SS (from their point of view)

Thrillhouse 2008-06-18 14:28

I really wanna know what Isshin's part is in this whole charade, he's my favorite character and after this, still nothing significant known about him.

Crusader 2008-06-18 14:40

And theres the frame up, but still though this seems so abrubt to me.

Sinaura 2008-06-18 15:08

Now it's impossible for me to not cheer for the Vizards, whether they kill Aizen or destroy SS, they have a get out of jail card.

Mr. DJ 2008-06-18 16:03

Interesting...kinda w/ Small One here, maybe a few more Flashback chapters? explaining how Urahara got the Douhickey in Rukia and Isshin's role.

Amirali 2008-06-18 16:39

Quote:

I looked back at the previous chapters..........are we so sure Aizen tried to kill them? I mean sure, tousen cut them up (especially Kensei) but no lethal wound was inflicted on anyone. Even at the end, right before Urahara showed up.........we did see Aizen brandish his sword at shinji. But for all we know, he could've simply been preparing to use complete hypnosis on him again, or cut him up to speed up the hollowification.

Personally, I think Aizen wanted Urahara to use the hogyokou on the Vaizarads. That being the case, I see no reason why he would want the Vaizards dead prematurely........almost the opposite in fact.

Regarding the word "debt", maybe it isn't being used here in the positive sense. I've seen plenty of literary references to "debts of blood" or "debts of vengeance". Shinji might have meant a debt of pain to return to aizen. It's particularly hard to tell how it translated from Japanese.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiroInazuma (Post 1662292)
Also it explains why the Vaizard hate SS even though it was someone else that hollowfied the Vaizard and despite being good friends to other captains and were loyal to the Gotei 13 they were just looked at like normal Hollows who needed to be disposed of

it also makes me wonder, what will SS do if they ever find out about Ichigo's hollow side? I mean, Urahara and yoruichi are obviously chill about it, and Byakuya owes Ichi. But if Yamamoto finds out, there'll probably be an entire arc on Ichigo being hunted down by SS.

I also wonder if it's purely coincidence that Ichi hasn't revealed his mask in front of the SS shinigami, or if he's really being that careful. He could so easily have been exposed in any of the fights in the Arrancar arc, with Hitsu and co around.

HayashiTakara 2008-06-18 18:14

omg omg omg, is it really over? *faints*

Zu Ra 2008-06-18 20:07

This could mean the remaining Espada are super powerful VL and the captains would be defeated . In true shonen sense they would taste defeat and death just to be aided by Vizards. If you play the numbers game odds are heavily stacked so KT needs a ploy to balance the sides . I think VL Espada are the ploy . Unless off course Aizen has an Espada army stashed elsewhere

Quote:

He is indebted to Aizen for making him what he is . Though the reason he was made a hollow was for a experiment but the end result favors Shinji .Also it could indebted was used to denote sarcasm.

Monkey D. Luffy 2008-06-18 20:26

What Shinji states at the end sounds like a double entendre, he could be refering that thanks to Aizen maybe he gained skills and power that would of been impossible otherwise or that he opened his eyes to how Soul Society truely is. Then of course he might also be saying that he has a debt with Aizen for what he did to them and getting them exiled from Soul Society.

It looks like to much of an intricate plan for Aizen to just have planned all of this without actually expecting something more out of the whole situation. To try to convert that many captains and vice-captains just for his own research is a good reason but this changed after we saw his expression and how he reacted to the arrival of Urahara. His use of Suigetsu and casting an illusion in order to trick everybody that he was never there and that he had witnesses is simple enough but Urahara showing up could of made it much easier for him to seperate himself from that scene entirely, regardless if he knew about hogyokou or not.

Thewanderer 2008-06-18 20:57

How about the idea of the Vaizards coming in and taking out both sides?

That's mostly wishful thinking, but meh.