AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Lovely Complex (TV Series!) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=43289)

Zifx 2007-07-19 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReAn (Post 1050008)
He cannot see her as a girlfriend because to him, she's a good friend, and when he pictures her as his girlfriend he's getting the wrong idea. It's a shame he cannot see that risa's not really looking for a super duper lovey dovey relationship, but more of a twist on thier current friendship.

To be fair to to Otani though, I think it's just something that takes time. Risa for example only thought of him as a friend in the beginning but then over time she suddenly started to look at him differently. Who knows what exactly triggers that kind of change, but in Otani's case he's constantly kind of being pushed into it which makes it awkward for him.

aliensporebomb 2007-07-19 15:43

I actually saw the manga here in the U.S. for the first time today and took a
brief look at it. It was interesting certain sections they elected not to animate:

Spoiler:

I can't wait for a subbed 15 - there's a lot of talking going on and
when that happens it can never be good. Sometimes.

nanafan 2007-07-19 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReAn (Post 1050008)
I don't think it's an issue of is she pretty or not. I think otani is scared that dating her would ruin the friendship that they have. He cannot see her as a girlfriend because to him, she's a good friend, and when he pictures her as his girlfriend he's getting the wrong idea. It's a shame he cannot see that risa's not really looking for a super duper lovey dovey relationship, but more of a twist on thier current friendship.

It's obvious to me that risa isn't really girly, she's also expressed her disinterest in a very typical relationship, I can see a more mature relationship working between the two.

I think otani is worried that a lovey dovey relationship would ruin the friendship that they have.

I know all too well how she feels *shakes fist* here's to hoping it works out in the end.

that is true, i know i would be worried about that if i started dating a friend. but it does happen with people who are friends and they end up dating, but also it might not work out too. i agree that she doesn't want a very mushy relationship with otani but wants to get closer to him than she is now.

Polaryzed_123 2007-07-19 19:03

Remember that even a few episodes ago, Risa was questioning getting into the romantic stuff with Otani. She had kinda the same reaction that Otani did. The "that seems kinda weird" feeling. However, she was able to move past it and at least try it out
Spoiler for last 2 eps:
. Otani needs to get on board and move past it as well.

nanafan 2007-07-19 19:08

very true polaryzed. it takes time for feelings to develop. i think otani is getting there. not something that happens overnight.

grey_moon 2007-07-19 19:20

I think he was slowly moving to a more romantic view of Risa. If she stopped trying so hard and weirding him out, and her playing the rom games probably don't help.

Poor Risa, come on Otani, don't loose to this new very handsome and tall guy!

physics223 2007-07-19 19:43

It's pretty obvious that Maity is there as Otani's foil. Sometimes one needs others to realize how the significant other is important. And I bet, that even if Maity grows feelings for Risa she'd still remain besotted with Otani in a very big way ...

Actually, I don't blame Otani. He did believe that the problem lay with him, that he could not see her as a girlfriend simply because they had been friends and a comedic duo for so long. I would probably have the same reaction myself if I grew up with a beautiful girl who was my friend and nakama for so long that despite her charm and beauty it would take me quite a while to look past her as simply a friend.

This is one awesome show. I now am appreciating the beauty of the spring (?) shows.

TigerII 2007-07-19 20:08

Has anyone here read the entire manga through(And can understand it..even I can find the RAWs). I want to ask a question over PM.

Polaryzed_123 2007-07-19 20:26

I only read up to chap 22 or 23. The last part that I had seen was basically the last ep (14) where Maity is introduced. After that I stopped looking since i liked the show so much and I didn't want to spoil it further.

Guido 2007-07-19 20:46

A Killer Crush on Maity

No more!

Spoiler:

The introduction of the new teacher couldn't have been more on timing.
Spoiler:

BTW, a new and cool opening sequence and song along with a well and beautiful, brand-new ending sequence and song, but there are a few shots about the ending that I don't like.

physics223 2007-07-19 21:06

I don't like the new OP, and the new ED has yet to grow on me ...

I loved the cheesy feel of the first OP and the sound of the first ED so ... I want them back ... ¬.¬

nanafan 2007-07-19 22:34

i read the first volume which is all i could find so far. the new op and ed are gonna have to grow on me. i loved the other ones so much.

physics223 2007-07-20 02:36

I haven't read the manga, but I have serious doubts as to the masculinity of Maity. He gives me the creeps, and I think it's my gaydar turning on. ¬.¬

Vexx 2007-07-20 02:58

Just picked up volume 1 of the manga --- will discuss the manga over in the manga thread for Lovely*Complex (hint hint) after I read it.

physics223 2007-07-20 06:14

Now I'll have to wait for another episode every week just like you guys ... ¬.¬

ARGH. :(

Shiroth 2007-07-20 06:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 1051180)
Just picked up volume 1 of the manga --- will discuss the manga over in the manga thread for Lovely*Complex (hint hint) after I read it.

Shall be interesting to hear what you have to say.

I'm not to sure if i wanna pick up the first volume just yet, what with watching the anime at the moment and all. Though i'm sure you might have a few things to say that might change my mind.

physics223 2007-07-20 06:18

Has the manga finished printing yet?

aliensporebomb 2007-07-20 09:56

I understand what ReAn is saying:

Spoiler:

I'm noticing things on second viewing that weren't immediately obvious
because Risa is so....loud and demonstrative.

Spoiler:

One thing is for sure, this show can appeal to everyone because
the situations are so close to reality.

Spoiler:

Does anyone know if the manga-ka was a tall girl who fell in
love with a short guy? I wonder.

nanafan 2007-07-20 12:13

the manga is 10 volumes.. i think it's ongoing..not sure though.

TigerII 2007-07-20 12:15

No it is finished. I have seen the last chapter RAW. I just wanted to ask a question about it if someone who read it and understood it.