AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 03 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=56496)

Kaioshin Sama 2007-10-19 23:01

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 03 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 02.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

What's going to happen this week. Thats' for us to find out and discuss. Please don't vote prematurely either. By my calculations this will be going up around 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time, so don't vote until the episode actually airs please. Looking forward to it nonetheless.

Demongod86 2007-10-20 00:07

I hope Flag and Graham Acre rip Setsuna a new one until Lockon has to save his pansy ass.

LightningZERO 2007-10-20 01:57

I hope Graham won't be owned too badly :D

Nvis 2007-10-20 02:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demongod86 (Post 1210739)
I hope Flag and Graham Acre rip Setsuna a new one until Lockon has to save his pansy ass.

Well, the extended preview showed the Exia still in one piece against the HRL suit, anyways.

Double_Edge 2007-10-20 02:35

Wait, wtf? It sonly been like two episodes and nothing much has happened. Why does everyone say "I hope graham kills/owns/beats Setsuna"?

Whats wrong with him? Why do people hate him TWO EPISODES INTO THE SERIES!?!?

Shinji103 2007-10-20 02:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double_Edge (Post 1210876)
Wait, wtf? It sonly been like two episodes and nothing much has happened. Why does everyone say "I hope graham kills/owns/beats Setsuna"?

Well, as far as I know, the only one who really hates him right now is Demongod. It seems he's still stuck in his CE fanboy phase. :p

And I bet that picture of Setsuna shoving Kira out of the way in the Ridiculous images thread didn't help his opinion of Setsuna either. (go Setsuna! :D )

Inferied 2007-10-20 03:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double_Edge (Post 1210876)

He's protagonist and Graham is (supposed) side character... Just look how popular Naruto is, people don't want a series with main character just pwning everyone.

Blaat 2007-10-20 03:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferied (Post 1210901)
He's protagonist and Graham is (supposed) side character... Just look how popular Naruto is, people don't want a series with main character just pwning everyone.

Naruto is a bad example, there are more Sasuke and Itachi fanboys then Naruto fanboys :p

Shadow Angel 2007-10-20 04:48

Here's some screens

Ledgem 2007-10-20 04:51

If the main character were beaten this early, it'd show that the Gundams aren't invincible. I think many of us desire to see more of a realistic struggle than what we usually get with the battles. That's also the reason why there's so much discussion over grunt abilities and such. The SEED series really made a mockery out of many grunts and later, even major battles.

Based off of the preview from episode 2, it doesn't seem like the Exia is going to get trashed. However, we'll see it struggling against whatever that large suit was.

Demongod86 2007-10-20 05:30

We still don't know how the Graham fight went. Maybe it was a draw or the other meisters had to bail Setsuna out before Graham did him in.

KiNA 2007-10-20 05:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 1210842)
I hope Graham won't be owned owning too badly :D

Fixed for ya :D

Nightengale 2007-10-20 05:49

Well...

Spoiler:

Blaat 2007-10-20 06:00

Who's the girl on the final picture? I always wondered about after having seen the opening.

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2007-10-20 06:07

The IRA was mentioned in the story, apparently, though not relevant to the main plot.

Today's main theme is
Spoiler:

I don't know which side CB is taking, but since they kill everyone, it probably doesn't matter that much.

Oh, and accroding to 2chan, the High Mobility Terien is 6 times as fast. Eat that Char!:D

kari-no-sugata 2007-10-20 07:09

Question: How do you take a Gundam back to space?
Answer (in 00): Public transport!

No long-ish action sequences this week, but I thought this rounded out the characters/scenario a bit and helped set things up going ahead.

One thing I thought last week is that this series is like a "thinking man's Gundam with entertainment layed on top" - it still feels like that to me.

brightman 2007-10-20 07:56

Spoiler for BREASTS?:

Owaranai Destiny 2007-10-20 07:58

Aww...Isn't that sad? Graham lost. *Tosses a tissue box at Setsuna haters*

At least he was professional enough to know that he was outgunned and outclassed, remaing long enough only to complete his primary objective.

If this keeps up, perhaps the complications of world affair issues might make this all the more interesting rather than just seeing pink explosions and one suit owning an army of his weaker counterparts. :rolleyes:

LightningZERO 2007-10-20 08:25

LOL. I was right :D Setsuna wins!!!

So much for Exia owned by the Tieren High Mobility Type. Its arm is cut off the next moment :heh:

duotiga 2007-10-20 08:29

lots of interconnection today......pretty political i would say for this episode.....

7Th 2007-10-20 08:31

Gundam00 keeps itself fairly unimpressive thus far, competent technically but still fairly soul-less and even forced to certain degree. Hopefully the fact that Setsuna is now established as a "cover-up" agent in Japan will amount for some decent character development.

Still, looks like next week the animation drops a notch...

Terrestrial Dream 2007-10-20 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant (Post 1211060)
The IRA was mentioned in the story, apparently, though not relevant to the main plot.

Today's main theme is
Spoiler:

I don't know which side CB is taking, but since they kill everyone, it probably doesn't matter that much.

Oh, and accroding to 2chan, the High Mobility Terien is 6 times as fast. Eat that Char!:D

So wait if it was colored red then it would be 18times faster then regular Tieren :eek:
Back to the topic I thought the battle between Graham and Setsuna ended too quickly though. It's interesting how they bring up the conflict in Ireland, which is happening today from what I know. Wonder if 00 would show more conflict that are similar to the conflict today.

inkphoenix 2007-10-20 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightman (Post 1211135)
Spoiler for BREASTS?:

I watch Gundam 00 episode 3 already...

Hmm...It's a cute episode :heh:Many cute scene in this episode. ;)
Well animated in this week.But next week. Oh no!:frustrated: I hope this is a one scene in next episode is animation error. T_T

Spoiler for episode:

Next episode.White hair girl is here!.I can't wait because She's nice same Wangryumin.

duotiga 2007-10-20 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperlion (Post 1211168)
Back to the topic I thought the battle between Graham and Setsuna ended too quickly though. .

This is what i feel also....the starting seems kinda abrupt also.....

Wen 2007-10-20 09:09

The episode was very busy...It was still pretty good, however. It's kind of hard to keep pace when the episode keep jumping around.

SoldierOfDarkness 2007-10-20 10:31

Holy CRAP you know a guy's got this much guts when he does this.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...Large%2020.jpg

Reminds me of Zechs

Blaat 2007-10-20 10:47

So basically we have a middle eastern main character who can pilot a mecha, has a team mate who is a designated marksman
Spoiler:

wait... does this mean there's going to be a love triangle between Louise Halevy, Sumeragi and Setsuna?

Owaranai Destiny 2007-10-20 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaat (Post 1211334)
So basically we have a middle eastern main character who can pilot a mecha, has a team mate who is a designated marksman
Spoiler:

Hey, at least he LOOKS like he has common sense about him, he has a neighbour of some significance in the show and he there isn't someone he's protecting...Or so it seems thus far. :D

Actually it doesn't seem so bad. IMO, at least you know he lives somewhere normal, and the other pilots probably are doing that as well under the guise of their aliases and fake primary occupations. I'd like to see how the lives of the four Meisters play out a little while they aren't out there fighting.

LightningZERO 2007-10-20 11:04

A pretty good episode. I like that the 3 power do try to know more about the Gundams and investigating the Celestial Being. If this is other series, they probably just do nothing until it's too late. I can see some anti Gundam MS coming soon.

Exia VS Flag is pretty exciting, although short. Graham is definitely interesting. His interest on Exia starts to become some sort of 'love' :heh: . The battle against Tieren High Mobility Type is good too. It doesn't seem very fast but is powerful. The Gundams seem to have weak armor, the Tieren HM almost crushes Exia's head during their battle. It's weird that Exia's GN Sword can't cut through Tieren's arm but the beam saber can.

The most hilarious scene in this episode: Dynames 'fighting' against the Workloaders :heh:

Tieria dislikes being on Earth and likes space. He also sees Setsuna as some unstable factor. Maybe one day this small tension will turn into a huge fight. Setsuna also has a thing against other MS touching his.

Finally there's some positive results from Celestial Being's armed intervention. Apparently they scare Ireland into stopping its war. The world is changing

The next episode looks interesting. We have more politics going on. Appearance of Union Realdo (the red MSs?), Dynames's new gun and Marina! :D

Kohitsuji 2007-10-20 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny (Post 1211349)

Actually it doesn't seem so bad. IMO, at least you know he lives somewhere normal, and the other pilots probably are doing that as well under the guise of their aliases and fake primary occupations. I'd like to see how the lives of the four Meisters play out a little while they aren't out there fighting.

I'm sure the names Lockon and Allelujah won't raise eyebrows while they're laying low.:eyebrow:

Nvis 2007-10-20 11:07

So is the truth revealed about white-hair?

I guess maybe next episode(when the person speaks). :D

Louise seems 'extra' special this episode.

Owaranai Destiny 2007-10-20 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kohitsuji (Post 1211357)
I'm sure the names Lockon and Allelujah won't raise eyebrows while they're laying low.:eyebrow:

What's to say that those aren't the only aliases they are using? ;)

Well, not like I think anyone would really notice, since strange names go with weird people. I've got this feeling girls would be swooning too much over one of them to notice it anyway. :D

Elehayym 2007-10-20 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaat (Post 1211334)
Spoiler:

The marksman teammate has also the same voice actor in both shows! :heh:

Anyway, I did like the episode, the fights were short but interesting enough and we get to see interesting bits about the characters. I actually think they're doing a good job with the characters, considering that they introduced a very big cast in the first few episodes - especially the enemies were very effective in this episode imho :O

SoldierOfDarkness 2007-10-20 11:20

Just watched the episode.

So now we've seen what Graham and Sergei can do. They can put up a fight if not a short one but that's expected since their suits are outmatched.

The High Mobility Tieren was signifcantly a lot faster than the ground pounding unit. It's armor was tough as Exia's blade couldn't cut through the arm when it was grabbing his head. In fact if I read it right, the Exia's armor was close to breaking point which means that these Tierens are quite powerful in terms of strength.

Though is it just me or is CB's killing rate quite low? Exia cuts the Tierens in half but this usually leaves the pilot unharmed(Since he's in the upper half). I have nothing against it, just that I noticed a lack of explosions.

LightningZERO 2007-10-20 11:28

The killing rate is not low, it's just inconsistence. The explosion rate of this series seems pretty random. The last episode, everything explodes, even a slight hit is enough (Exia lands on an enemy and it explodes :heh:), and in this episode, some explodes while some don't. I see Exia sliced a Tieren into two and it explodes, and then it slices another in the same manner, but this time only the lower part explodes. Weird

SoldierOfDarkness 2007-10-20 11:33

Well yeah, what Lightning Zero meant.

I mean last episode we had Tierens blowing up when sliced in half. Now we get a different result. I suppose you could chalk it up to Random Chance.

The Tierens in this episode only had their lower half explode when sliced in the same manner. Sergei got lucky as Exia only sliced off his arms and right leg.

You can say character armor but when other grunts get the same treatment...

Owaranai Destiny 2007-10-20 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness (Post 1211396)
I mean last episode we had Tierens blowing up when sliced in half. Now we get a different result. I suppose you could chalk it up to Random Chance.

The Tierens in this episode only had their lower half explode when sliced in the same manner. Sergei got lucky as Exia only sliced off his arms and right leg.

You can say character armor but when other grunts get the same treatment...

Plot device will probably never cease to exist in Gundam...Unless you include the original first Gundam series, of course.

Perhaps the randomness might be explained in the way how things explode. I'm not even close to being a novice in pyrotechnics, but what I think is that perhaps sometimes the reactions that cause explosions as parts of a suit get cut off might not occur, simply because they can't happen. Maybe one factor wasn't there, and what we get is simply a muted defeat from the grunt suit.

LightningZERO 2007-10-20 11:39

Oh, Graham's zodiac sign is Virgo, if anyone cares :D

SoldierOfDarkness 2007-10-20 11:40

Well the plot armor is irrelevant in that case. So in this case it's random chance. Some grunts survive, some grunts don't survive (I just mentioned the plot armor just for fun because grunts just don't get it at all)

But I do agree that not all things explode when attacked.

BTW, is it just me or does the preview show some sort of pink mobile suits?

Ascaloth 2007-10-20 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny (Post 1211349)
Hey, at least he LOOKS like he has common sense about him, he has a neighbour of some significance in the show and he there isn't someone he's protecting...Or so it seems thus far. :D

I'll probably puke my guts out laughing...
Spoiler: