AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Touch (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=16342)

Srin Tuar 2004-10-04 22:38

I just wanted to chime in to say Im really enjoying this show. Ive always hated baseball though, so I didnt expect to like it. But I guess I was drawn in. :)

Bullsquat 2004-10-25 23:42

I really have to thank you guys at Central anime for your continuing dedication to this anime. I can't tell you enough how grateful I am to be able to watch this classic. You guys are awesome.

Heibi 2004-10-25 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullsquat
I really have to thank you guys at Central anime for your continuing dedication to this anime. I can't tell you enough how grateful I am to be able to watch this classic. You guys are awesome.

Thanks, we'll try to keep it up. We discovered a glitch in the video a few weeks ago that should improve the picture. Hope you all notice it. I'm working on 53054 now. 55-56 are recaps but I'll still time and uplaod them. New footage may be in them, though I can't remember. Might as well do everything to make it complete.

Heibi
Central Anime

noibauten 2004-10-26 12:14

Well keep up the good work ! Touch is really an awsome anime. Central Anime definitly has GREAT taste when choosing which anime to sub !

Thyrz 2004-10-26 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by noibauten
Well keep up the good work ! Touch is really an awsome anime. Central Anime definitly has GREAT taste when choosing which anime to sub !

Agreed +1 !!! Baseball in Touch, is like Street Racing in Initial D.

PS: and I hate to be rude, but If you're at Ep. 55 already, why not speed up the releases a little? ;)

Heibi 2004-10-26 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thyrz
Agreed +1 !!! Baseball in Touch, is like Street Racing in Initial D.

PS: and I hate to be rude, but If you're at Ep. 55 already, why not speed up the releases a little? ;)

Because if I speed it up I'll fall behind and then people will start complaining. Like you just did. I just timed 53-54 on Sunday and I have to edit them which takes a while. And since I work on several series at once I go back and forth between them, hence the staggered releases.

Heibi

exedore 2004-10-26 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heibi
Because if I speed it up I'll fall behind and then people will start complaining. Like you just did. I just timed 53-54 on Sunday and I have to edit them which takes a while. And since I work on several series at once I go back and forth between them, hence the staggered releases.

Heibi

I'm a very big fan of the staggered releases - keeps me from having too much of anything coming down at once, and since I've got LoGH on LD, it gives me an off day *g*

Srin Tuar 2004-10-27 08:17

Quote:

Heibi

Heh, good idea. I know I could easily get addicted to the 1/day schedule again. Then there would be the inevitable withdrawal symptoms....

Bullsquat 2004-10-27 19:39

Come on.

I don't think it's reasonable to ask anymore of these guys. Releasing 45 episodes in the span of 3 months is almost unheard of in the anime community. It's really remarkable. :)

Baseball is truly the greatest sport. It's not hard to create a story involving this sport because the games can create so much drama.

Edit: I guess I should have added, "IMHO" to that last paragraph. :heh: It really is just me and my passion for the game.

Thyrz 2004-10-28 05:10

Quote:

Because if I speed it up I'll fall behind and then people will start complaining. Like you just did. I just timed 53-54 on Sunday and I have to edit them which takes a while. And since I work on several series at once I go back and forth between them, hence the staggered releases.Heibi

I wasn't complaining *at all*. I'm very thankful to your team for the numbing work you're doing. 't was just a question, that's all. =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Baseball is truly the greatest sport.

That is flame bait, my friend. All I'm gonna say is: I can argue with that.

leongsh 2004-10-28 17:50

Quote:

Thanks, we'll try to keep it up. We discovered a glitch in the video a few weeks ago that should improve the picture. Hope you all notice it. I'm working on 53054 now. 55-56 are recaps but I'll still time and uplaod them. New footage may be in them, though I can't remember. Might as well do everything to make it complete.

Heibi
Central Anime

Love the effort that Central Anime is putting in for this series. This is the only way for me to get my fix of Touch right now. The daily release of episodes earlier was fantastic but sanity has to prevail - the current release of approximately 2 episodes/week is well appreciated :)

FWIW, there's only four more weeks to the release of the Touch DVD-Box. Four more torturous weeks of waiting for the release and add to that a week for shipping to get it to my grubby hands. The wait is killing me :upset: :sad:

After getting it, I'm probably going to marathon all 101 episodes within 2 weeks.

satsuke 2004-10-28 18:50

Other distribution methods

Just a question for the Touch audience .. does anyone use usenet anymore ? .. I am considering starting to post to a.b.anime / a.b.m.anime like we used to but don't know if it would help anymore here .. or on the other side kill our torrent seeder base (those of whom we are very thankful .. 2 or 3 of us seeding 16+ gigs wouldn't be practical otherwise)..

Satsuke

Central Anime encoder / web / whatever comes my way

Srin Tuar 2004-11-05 14:10

This last released episode was 大感動.
I guess thats why this show is a classic.
Thanks to the CA subbing team, 礼を言う。

old timer 2004-11-05 23:02

Quote:

We discovered a glitch in the video a few weeks ago that should improve the picture.

Does this mean that you fixed the deinterlacing issue?

Btw, thanks so much for doing Touch - you guys rock.

Srin Tuar 2004-11-17 20:50

In Episode 51
Spoiler:

Nolan Void 2004-11-17 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
In Episode 51
Spoiler:

how can you call that strange?

she considers herself tat-chan's GF

and because of that... doesnt want him to think badly of her...
she knows no man would want his GF to be seeing someone EVERY day... on a social level... in pratically a private room....

which is why she didnt argue with the pretty boy when he called her tat-chans GF... just to test her, to see how she felt about him

leongsh 2004-11-18 02:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolan Void
which is why she didnt argue with the pretty boy when he called her tat-chans GF... just to test her, to see how she felt about him

And we all know how committed Minami is to Tac-chan as she has already declared much earlier (episode 24, IIRC) that she wants Tac-chan to fulfill her "ordinary dream" for her :)

pandabearnay 2004-12-02 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by leongsh
And we all know how committed Minami is to Tac-chan as she has already declared much earlier (episode 24, IIRC) that she wants Tac-chan to fulfill her "ordinary dream" for her :)

I'm only on ep 16 but I could already guess who she really likes. Guess I was right from the post above. I can never stop myself from looking at spoilers. hehe:)

I love this anime. I guess classics really are the best. But thats just my humble opinion.

It seems to me that Tatsuya will do anything for his brother, even make himself look like a loser so his brother would look better. It looks like he's been holding himself back for a long time now. It makes me kind of hate Katsuya just a little even though he didn't do anything wrong. Oh well, on to more touch!

leongsh 2004-12-02 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandabearnay
I'm only on ep 16 but I could already guess who she really likes. Guess I was right from the post above. I can never stop myself from looking at spoilers. hehe:)

Wait till you watch episode 17 then :) If that does not show you a blatant indicator, nothing will.

Quote:

I love this anime. I guess classics really are the best. But thats just my humble opinion.

That's why some of these shows are classics - it is well loved and is surviving the test of time. FYI, the Touch TV series had one of the highest consistent TV ratings when the series first aired in 1985 to 1987. Not to mention that the manga itself was a major seller for Shounen Sunday earlier on.

Quote:

It seems to me that Tatsuya will do anything for his brother, even make himself look like a loser so his brother would look better. It looks like he's been holding himself back for a long time now. It makes me kind of hate Katsuya just a little even though he didn't do anything wrong. Oh well, on to more touch!

Yes, Tatsuya's like that - he will sacrifice his happiness for the happiness of Minami and Kazuya (and in that order ;)). If he can make both Minami and Kazuya happy and it would mean him losing out, he will gladly do so. As you watch the series, you will find the "baka aniki" starts letting slip in showing some of his true colours which he has been hiding so well. There are only 2 characters that know what he could be capable of, Minami and Harada (he's no dumb brute - he's way too observant!).

pandabearnay 2004-12-03 19:38

OMG I Can't stop crying!!!!

I just finished ep.26&27.

Spoiler: