AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Nana to Kaoru (Nana and Kaoru's SM diary) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=70397)

CygnusX 2008-08-22 06:46

Nana to Kaoru (Nana and Kaoru's SM diary)

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=22343

Another manga of Amazume Ryuta, the same author as Toshiue no Hito (An older woman)

Genre: Comedy, Ecchi, Mature, Romance, School Life

Quote:

Kaoru is a 17-year old virgin who has a SM fetish. He always dreams about a SM relationship with his childhood friend Nana. One day Kaoru's mom decides to hide all his SM toys so he'll study for a change, by asking Nana to hide his toys. Nana finds the leather one-piece that Kaoru bought and tries it on but she accidentally locks it and doesn't have the key!
After reading "Toshiue no Hito" and wanting more, I looked for mangas from the same author. This one piqued my interest. A manga about SM without being hentai? :eyebrow:

I was very pleasantly surprised. Every chapter is funny, lets me tremble from excitement and makes me want to know more about what will happen, since the end of each chapter usually is a major cliffhanger.

It's a pity that only 8 chapters are out so far, but chapters release on a pretty regular basis, about twice a month. I hope it will stay like this and keeps on getting translated.

For sure, this one scores very high on my reading-list and I recommend this to anyone who likes romance manga's but wants something different than the often too-much-stretched struggle for a couple to get together, instead skip to the exciting part of a relationship ;) and at the same time stay within the boundaries of ecchi manga, not hentai.

ZODDGUTS 2008-08-22 10:37

Yeah been enjoying reading this manga love how the romance is being handle in this series quite different with the whole S&M having a major part of it. :heh:

I wonder if they'll introduce another character so that they'll be a love triangle. Wouldn't be suprise if the class president actually likes Nana and will ask her out. Maybe this will cause Kaoru to be a bit more extreme maybe they'll be whipping involve during one of the "breather's". :p

Ultenth 2008-09-09 20:01

Ch 9 just came out. Been following this one for a bit. Never been much into S&M, but I love the way the mangaka presents it, does a really amazing job of building tension and a proper mood. I'd love to see more of this and Toshiue no Hito scanned, I really like Amazume Ryuta's work.

Falkor 2008-12-25 16:09

chapters 11-12 have been scanlated....

they are continuing with the bondage "exercises" ... oh my... "not safe for work"

Sin Ansem 2008-12-27 02:19

;_; 4-10 are unreachable. NCIS has no DDLs anywhere...

Ultenth 2008-12-27 12:52

try mangafox or mangatraders

Anh_Minh 2008-12-27 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by CygnusX (Post 1826668)
For sure, this one scores very high on my reading-list and I recommend this to anyone who likes romance manga's but wants something different than the often too-much-stretched struggle for a couple to get together, instead skip to the exciting part of a relationship ;) and at the same time stay within the boundaries of ecchi manga, not hentai.

To be fair, the "will they or won't they" is still there. They're not officially a couple.

KiNA 2008-12-29 08:13

How come the usual ecchi flockers dont swamped this thread yet?

Westlo, Bonta, Tempest ... where the hell are you guys :o

ellifeedn 2008-12-29 10:22

^ Maybe they're not into BDSM stuff. I know I'm not, but this series has it done in a "softer" fashion than what I've seen. And this is tolerable enough for me to enjoy the characters and their interactions.

ritalman 2008-12-30 07:44

Same here. BDSM usually scares me away, but it's ok in this one (I'll even hazard a "cute" quantifier for some scenes). I hope it'll remain this way :)

Anh_Minh 2008-12-30 08:00

Probably due to the characters. Nana isn't an irrational sex-starved nympho whose switch was flipped by rape. Kaoru, while drawn to the trappings of SM, actually cares for Nana.

ellifeedn 2008-12-30 10:36

I wonder what sort of things Kaoru has planned for Nana.

germanturkey 2009-02-02 19:17

so i read this because i saw it was featured on MT... it has the exact same feel as h-mangas, but without the h. it boggled my mind..

frubam 2009-03-13 11:19

Just got through reading this. This is pretty good. I usually hate guys like Kaoru, but when they actually have feelings for the girl char, I like them. And there's something really sexy about Nana sticking out her tongue. I like to see the lust in their expressions, but it's even better here, since Nana isn't some kind of slut. Still,
Spoiler for chp 14:

Ultenth 2009-03-24 14:20

The most recent chapter finally shows some decent progress between the two, as well as probably the sexiest non-hentai scenes ever in a manga (and probably hotter than 90+% of hentai scenes as well).

CygnusX 2009-03-24 14:57

Yeah chapter 15 was pretty nice and surprising to me. The chapter consists of different phases too... which makes the pace go faster it seems ....

Spoiler:

So nice chapter and really curious about the next "breather" :D

Nana to Kaoru still is one of my running favourites next to Girlfriends and Umi no misaki ... oh and ofcourse don't forget Unbalance x2 which stands at the top! :)

fict_ticious 2009-03-31 23:55

Lol'd at the end of ch 15. Though I have a gut feeling this series due for some of the usual "shenanigans" these high school stories have...

Also, is the mangaka still making doujin/h-manga? It'd be nice to have another Inazuma out there.

ZODDGUTS 2009-06-30 20:42

Wow things will get really interesting next chapter. Wonder if the new girl will join in the breathers as well. Don't think she'll use what she knows now to blackmail both the Nana and Kaoru as she is the type to want to win fair in a match with Nana. If she does join in this could develop jealousy from Nana...

ellifeedn 2009-07-02 11:10

New girl? Wow, I haven't check on this series for a while.

ZODDGUTS 2009-07-08 20:22

New girl:

Things are going the way I expected with this chapter. :heh: