AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Deus Ex: Human Revolution (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=94510)

Albafica 2010-06-11 01:21

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

So I open the topic of this game: Deus Ex Human Revolution.

I watched the 2 trailers, and I read preview of this game, and it looks incredible and epic!
The atmosphere seems so cool!

The first game Deus Ex was really good, the 2nd was disappointing! I hope that the 3rd will be incredible!

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FRWYRqaGFE

:cool:

Sheba 2010-06-11 05:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albafica (Post 3087225)

As a fan of the first Deus EX and hugely disappointed by the second, I just had a nerdgasm.

NorthernFallout 2010-06-11 05:59

Not having played the first two games, but knowing the plot sort of... This tickled every single fan nerve. Conspiracy, sci-fi, beautiful art. Waiting eagerly.

On another note, the music in the trailer is epic.

Bonta Kun 2010-06-11 06:23

HOLY AWESOMENESS BATMAN!

I had spent a great deal of time on 1st game and while the 2nd game was crap, I still played it for awhile.
God I can't wait!

Mr Hat and Clogs 2010-06-11 08:16

That is utterly kick ass, can't wait to play that. The graphics and detail are amazing (the video is rendered with the in game engine). The story from sounds decent and the setting looks incredibly engaging.

(On a side note, playing Deus Ex gave me this over powering urge to watch GitS - watching this video does that again too lols.)

GuidoHunter_Toki 2010-06-11 17:05

Can't wait for this to come out. Especially with how the second game was quite the dissapointment; looks like it captures the spirit of the original and cranks it up to the max.:D

-Sho- 2010-06-11 18:05

I read a preview and this is very good .
Storyline seems great .
More info at E3 !

synaesthetic 2010-06-12 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomicoX (Post 3087429)
Not having played the first two games, but knowing the plot sort of... This tickled every single fan nerve. Conspiracy, sci-fi, beautiful art. Waiting eagerly.

On another note, the music in the trailer is epic.

Play DX1.

Right now.

NorthernFallout 2010-06-15 03:30

^ I actually got it yesterday and started.

Lovin' it.

Albafica 2010-08-14 01:55

OMG the new trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Br4GzbZ3sQ

Cool!

Cub-Sama 2010-08-14 06:04

This makes me want to play Deus Ex 1, I have a gaming PC but I've never actually used it for that surprisingly :p

Kusa-San 2010-08-14 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albafica (Post 3191028)

:love: I'm reeally waiting this game :D

GuidoHunter_Toki 2010-08-14 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albafica (Post 3191028)

The game is looking amazing, good weapon variety and is giving me further hope of a return to greatness that was Deus Ex 1.

My one gripe though is the choice of a yellow color pallete. Yuck! It's like I'm getting bloom shot in my face every second.

SaintessHeart 2010-08-15 02:19

What? No FeMC like DX2?

Honestly speaking, the main character looks like the Iranian President. :heh:

Drake 2010-08-15 04:11

And he sounds alot like christian bale =D

I really hope this is good as the first as its one of my favorite games of all time.

From what I've seen so far they've got the setting and tone just right but lets just hope the gameplay has the depth and substance to match.

Lets hope some of the cut scenes can match this gem from the original A BOMB! :heh:

Waven 2010-08-15 05:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake (Post 3192816)
And he sounds alot like christian bale =D

I really hope this is good as the first as its one of my favorite games of all time.

From what I've seen so far they've got the setting and tone just right but lets just hope the gameplay has the depth and substance to match.

Lets hope some of the cut scenes can match this gem from the original A BOMB! :heh:

That one was so awesome, I only recognized this scene's motion-rich awesomeness on one of my many replays of the game.

Don't know about the DX3 "gameplay" trailer, it doesn't show much actual gameplay, mostly prerendered footage, so I kinda keep my enthuisiasm low for the time being. I love the series but nowadays I wouldn't be too surprised if it turned out to be a huge flop. Also I'm a bit concerned about this annoying yellow/orange/sepia - filter the whole trailer is in, I think it's a bit too saturating and drowning. Let's just hope it's not like that all the time in every area.

btw, am I the only one who didn't dislike DX2 ? :D

Bonta Kun 2010-08-15 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waven (Post 3192866)
btw, am I the only one who didn't dislike DX2 ? :D

I didn't dislike it since I actually played through it all...once.
Thing with DX2 was I felt they over simplified everything, which I never really wanted but since they brought it to the console I guess as I would put it for back then they were "dumbing it down"(I don't so much use that term nowadays" but thats what it felt like back then.

I loved the customization in DX1 but they took alot away from it for DX2 which was a bad idea.

I can only hope they bring it back for this.

technomo12 2010-08-15 11:26

this is going to be awesome!!!

Ending 2010-08-15 12:45

The graphics were good, as usual. Can't tell much of the story, but the trailer indicates it's going to be focused on violence more than anything. Probably a typical shoot'em'up. Which isn't that great, since I'm hoping for more sneaking (like in Thief, where combat is the result of a screw up) and RPG.

I'm not a fan of Square-Enix either, since their games have been average at best. They're mostly milking their own Final Fantasy franchise to stay afloat.

synaesthetic 2010-08-15 13:32

This is a better "A BOMB" clip! :heh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fY5Np2axCA

Malkavian Mod ftw.