AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Shadow Skill Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=298)

|Aion| 2003-11-05 23:21

Shadow Skill Discussion

Well Onigiri just released episode 17,was very good just like all the rest.Although i wish we could have seen more of Gau in rage mode.The definetly have some of the best and agonizing cliffhangers out there,aside from Condor Hero.I'll wait awhile until i start discussing this heavily sense it was just released.

hunterx 2003-11-06 05:32

I liked gau in the beginning, but he has turned into a strong, thickheaded, emotionally unstable and not very bright vaar. I hope scarface's plans work out for him

Dragon Flame 2003-11-06 14:15

hum... for some reason episode 17 was all freaky for me, did they switch to some sort of new codec? cuz i kept getting all this weird choppy, blocky-ness, like on an old Nintendo

whatever123 2003-11-06 21:26

well i love this show it really has a very nice presentation of how a warrior should live and seeks strengh and also how they have pride in their arts (i just love martial art language in this series a real adrenalin rush)

MantisShadow 2003-11-10 13:33

Recently I watched the 1st ep of Shadow Skill and I was sorely disappointed, it just didn't hold up to the standard of the OVA.

But I'm wondering is it a series which gets better with more eps?

|Aion| 2003-11-10 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MantisShadow
Recently I watched the 1st ep of Shadow Skill and I was sorely disappointed, it just didn't hold up to the standard of the OVA.

IN my opinion it gets much better with each passing episode.The actio picks up the story develops more,its just all around a perfect series in my eyes.

MantisShadow 2003-11-10 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by PennyWise
IN my opinion it gets much better with each passing episode.The actio picks up the story develops more,its just all around a perfect series in my eyes.

What about the actual animation quality? With the OVA the thing that impressed me apart from the colours was the real fluid movement.

I'll probably get it anyway, starting to run out of things to watch.

okashi 2003-11-10 15:07

Quote:

What about the actual animation quality? With the OVA the thing that impressed me apart from the colours was the real fluid movement.

I'll probably get it anyway, starting to run out of things to watch.

As you probably know there arent many TV series that can match up with OVA:s or movies when it comes to animation quality. But aside from that, the story in the TV series is way better than that of the OVA or the movie. I really liked this series when I watched a looong time ago. Although I think the character design could get a bit wierd at times, mainly Gau's eyes and that other bad guys eyes seems to get bigger and bigger and in the later eps they just look wierd. But maybe thats just me. ;)

suires 2003-11-10 18:33

I have watched the series about 2-3 years ago. I don't remember much about it now. But the only thing that really bothers me is the series seems to be with a great beginning then later decided to cut it short. That's of unexplained storyline.

By the way, I don't like GAU later in the series either. don't really remember the detail as why I don't like him. I guess it's something about his attitude........

Relentless 2003-11-10 23:53

Quote:

You're talking about to the first OVA, I suppose? The 45 min. one that explains the birth of the Shadow Skills, who created them and why they use leg technics. It's still my standard to judge other action/martial arts anime.

The following three 30 min. OVA were rather bad to awful with completely different and uglier animation (they were made by other studio).

Sadly, the TV series' animation looks more like these OVA than the first. I remember having watched it a few years ago. It has a nice story but really inconclusive and focuses more on Gau. I was hoping it would take us to the beginning of the first OVA.

chichiri 2003-12-11 06:26

shadow skill

Is anybody working on this series?? I just started watching it, and I think its awesome. I haven't really haven't gotten into anime before, until I started watching this series. Well didn't mean to nag or anything, just a little curious.

thx

NoSanninWa 2003-12-11 06:33

Then don't nag. All the information that you should need to satisfy your curiosity is right here. Asking for anything else is nagging.

Zippy-DSM 2004-01-01 12:00

chichiri
yes RB errr onigiri is working on it they seem to do one a month ^^

I realy love the TV show altho I bet the ending is depressing >< and no spoilers if you know :P

the OVAs where odd but ok.
anyone know what the "movie" is?

Jn183 2004-01-01 12:31

I saw this awhile back and I liked it at the beginning but not the end. Not spoiling anything for anyone. The series doesn't wrap up anything. I think the OVA does a lil. Anyway, dislike Gau b/c dude kept on getting up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up AND UP AND UP. Sorry, but it start to annoy me when seeing someone suppose to be weak and had load of potential to become really stronger. All of a certain is freaking strong. Especially when Elly, forgot her name at the moment, suppose to be stronger than Gau for the next 4 yr ,I think. Couldn't handle an evil cevaar punch while Gau handled all 6 of that cevaar, suppose to be deadly, attack. Kept on getting up after getting knock down 1,2,3,4,5,6.... G......anyway, Dias make me not hate the series for such cliffhanger and quite a few annoying brat, the triangle. :)

Jub3i 2004-04-20 02:41

So I'm waiting for some other anime series and I decide to checkout this "Shadow Skill" in the meantime.

There are some pretty badass fight scenes and some interesting characters with a lot of potential if they had more character development, but I must say that some of the reasons for the fights don't make any damn sense.

For instance, I just watched episode 21....
Spoiler for for episode 21:

There seems to be alot of instances in this series where you're just like, what the hell?

edit *I tried to fix the spoiler tags but oh well..

Mr_Paper 2004-04-20 09:22

That's a massive SPOILER!!!

... Despite getting three quarters of it wrong.

Get rid of the spaces between the brackets!!

/me summons a mod in a hurry!

Okay... I'll explain episode 21.

Spoiler for Episode 21...:

Master Ran 2004-04-20 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jub3i
So I'm waiting for some other anime series and I decide to checkout this "Shadow Skill" in the meantime.

Oh yeah, and going back a few episodes...can anyone tell me how Gau beat "G" when Elle couldn't even lay a hand on him?

G lost because of
Spoiler:

Master Ran :heh: :heh:
http://img21.photobucket.com/albums/...r_Ran/bird.gif

Spiggy 2004-04-20 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Paper

You always amaze me with your wisdom and insight :bow: I think that you are so correct in that spoiler. I couldn't word it any better. I do need to get the OVA so I have some background info though, it's licenced so it should be somewhere out there to buy.
Spoiler for Episode 22:

Jub3i 2004-04-20 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Paper

First off, thanks for the explanations.

Spiggy 2004-04-25 21:12

Alright, i just watched episode 23, and I do believe Gau boy is a little shaken up since his experience in ep22.
Spoiler for episode 23:
I'm kind of interested how this will turn out now.