AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Which GSG fansub do you watch-- take two (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1198)

Shii 2003-11-18 21:17

Which GSG fansub do you watch-- take two

Well, four episodes out now. Which fansub team are you following? Or do you not really care?

monir 2003-11-18 21:59

I voted for whichever releases first...Btw, what is GSG?

JOJOS'STAR 2003-11-18 22:26

Cool tread by the way I've chosen AMBU since its the one I downloaded first. I dont now if its the best translation but it suited me. I dont think any fansub is better than the other but I think that fansubs groups are excellent on a specific anime whatever it may be and okay in any other one that they are less intrested in. For me its common sense. I could not say wich fansub group are the most pasionated about GunSlingerGirl but if its a anime you like you will certainly find out. unless you already now :D

K_R 2003-11-18 23:41

There was also some miscellaneous 'group' called Totan (I think) that releases GSG04...

Dark Zero 2003-11-19 00:15

I think we shouldn't consider who releases first as much to rely on. I rather see who has the best encode and translation. Speed is the least of my worries. It kinda sucks, I like these threads, so I can base my judgement on which group to d/l from, even though I usually get it from my favorite anyway. Having the end result being spoiled by, "i download from the fastest", kinda ruins the point in which group to get it from, or having a better opinion of such.

Xiandu 2003-11-19 03:21

I agree, to get the fastest one seems like a waste when you could be getting the best version by waiting for the team who you like or think has done the best job. I got mine from triad and they have done a great job, so i will continue to get theirs. Since i am dl so many animes anyways i can wait for my group to release it. Another thing i don't like about getting the first one like i use to do when i was a newbie is that i noticed that the first ones tend to suck where as the ones that release a little afterwards have more tlc, but that is just my opinion.

Lambda 2003-11-19 06:07

Why should everyone carefully compare all the different encodes? Translation differences can only be compared by the minority who know Japanese well, and the other differences are really pretty small. To lots of people there's never any real difference, so comparing them becomes a waste of time.

Shenlong 2003-11-19 07:15

I just found out that Seichi Fansubs includes info about the guns used in the beginning of the episode so I've decided to go with them. Its the little extra things which count ;)

SirCanealot 2003-11-19 07:33

Quote:

Why should everyone carefully compare all the different encodes? Translation differences can only be compared by the minority who know Japanese well, and the other differences are really pretty small.
Allthough it's impossible to tell the specific Japanese is translated wrongly, a bad fansub has a lot more worse with it than just Translation. A fansub basically runs on it's editing, not to mention it's encoding, type setting and timing... allthough, no, to most leachers they will probebly notice little diffrence.

Killerattacks 2003-11-19 08:01

Im downloading The Triad's version. I like their fansubs and IMHO they release the best fansubs currently. Like the karoke font is cool, they have translation notes at their page and everything...

Tensai_kamen 2003-11-19 13:02

Of course my choice would be Triad. I have no complain what so ever with their work and their choice of series usually are of my taste. Currently they are the top fansub group on my list.

Go-lytely 2003-11-19 20:41

I wonder if any group is going to change some of the names. In Newtype USA it says

Jan=Jean
Hilsher=Hilshire

Makes me wonder if Jan(Jean) is french since the porter thought Rico was french.

Nothing Special 2003-11-19 23:12

What is with the "Inactive" status on the Anime-Waves torrents? I picked up three episodes from Anime-Waves but I won't pick up the fourth simply because the first three A-Waves torrents have become inactive. It's kind of pointless to keep something I won't be able to seed.

Thanks for the poll, ashibaka! I'm starting over with the popular vote.

Shii 2003-11-21 10:53

Strange that Seichi is losing ground to Triad, considering K_R posts here and Triad members decidedly do not.

K_R 2003-11-21 11:08

If only I could vote more than once :D

Seriously, I guess it's all down to reputation. We are small fry compared to Triad, AonE and ANBU. Why go with a relative unknown when you can download from one of those three?

I'm happy that there's more than a hundred BT downloads per episode. (It amazes me to see continuing demand for our GSG01!)

Thany 2003-11-21 14:35

I'm actually following Triad's release too. :)

GreyArea 2003-11-21 17:22

I was getting Triads release also (just happened to be teh first one I saw when I originally decided to watch this) but last week I got ANBU's release, which was just as good quality, and available somewhat quicker, so I decided to stick wth them :)

Shii 2003-11-21 22:42

Woah, it looks like Totan just preempted everyone else with Episode 5. I wonder if it's any good.

Hao Asakura 2003-11-22 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashibaka
Woah, it looks like Totan just preempted everyone else with Episode 5. I wonder if it's any good.

Must hold on myself and wait for Triad's release :sad:

Go-lytely 2003-11-22 01:57

One of my friends downloaded Totan's ep 4 and it had lots and lots of grammatical errors. I wouldnt bother downloading from them unless you cant wait.