AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Clannad Game Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=10536)

Zephronite 2004-03-30 06:35

Clannad Game Discussion

28th of April is the date. High school romance, YEAH! Oh, and don't forget some heart-wrenching tragedies. KEY loves to put those in their stories. But the final question is: Will it live up to the hype? We'll just have to wait and see.
For those who wanna take a peek:
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=36101

bluemist 2004-03-30 07:47

OMFG another reportedly excellent game that non-Japanese may never see the light of!

Hmm... one month is still a wait (imagine the long delays this title had). I hope it has voice acting, otherwise I won't be able to play the game completely. I can play these types of games somehow trying to understand what's happening through the voices.

kj1980 2004-03-30 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephronite
28th of April is the date. High school romance, YEAH! Oh, and don't forget some heart-wrenching tragedies. KEY loves to put those in their stories. But the final question is: Will it live up to the hype? We'll just have to wait and see.
For those who wanna take a peek:
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=36101

It's old news, it has been out in the streets and Key officially announced this end of February. I already pre-ordered mine at the local Sofmap.

One thing that you should know: This game has no sex-scenes, so "CLANNAD" is not an "ero-game." Hence, you can buy this game on the shelf in the "daylight" section of a normal game store.

Will it live up to the hype? - It'll be difficult I can tell you that. It's been three years since "AIR," and TYPE-MOON's "Fate/stay night" broke the sales record for "AIR" in the January. Will fans accept a game that has no ero-scenes? Will fans still honor Key for their heart-warming stories? Will fans be willing to play a game that is rumored to be twice as long as "AIR" ?

rayearth 2004-03-30 20:58

And following "Key tradition", it does NOT have voice acting. I'll be waiting for a console release :P

Zephronite 2004-03-30 22:42

Mmm, I was aware of the exclusion of sex scenes.... but no voice?

lordwu 2004-03-30 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayearth
And following "Key tradition", it does NOT have voice acting. I'll be waiting for a console release :P

It makes more sense to wait for the console release for clannad since it will not have any ero scenes in the PC version. It will be at least another year or two before we see a console release though....

kj1980 2004-03-31 02:27

From Key's "CLANNAD" promotion page:

Product Details
Title: CLANNAD -first release edition-
Brand: Key
Distributor: VisualArts
Genre: Love Adventure Game
Media: DVD-ROM 1 disc + Music CD 1 disc (first release only)
Sale date: 2004.28 (Wed)
MSRP: 7875 yen (7500 yen + 375 yen consumer tax)
add. info: This game is meant for all ages
first release special: Arrange Music CD
*Please note that this game does not have character voices

Playable machine specifications
Type: PC/AT 100% compatible computer
CPU: Pentium®266MHz or above (500MHz recommended)
HDD: minimum install - 10MB, full install - 2.5GB
RAM: 64MB or above (96MB recommended)
drive: DVD-ROM drive
graphic board: one that is capable of displaying 16-bit colors at 640x480 resolution (24/32bit recommended)
sound board: DirectSound 100% compatibility (BGM will be in PCM format)
others: Mouse, keyboard, PC must support DirectX 5.0 or above

kj1980 2004-03-31 02:35

hmm...either Key is building this game off the same engine as "AIR" and "Kanon," their minimum machine spec is rather lame compared to TYPE-MOON's "Fate/stay night."

By comparion, "Fate stay/night"'s minimum specs were:

CPU: Pentium III 400Mhz or above (Pentium III 800Mhz recommended)
RAM: [Windows 98SE/Me] 128MB or above/256MB recommended
[Windows 2000] 192MB or above/384MB recommended
[Windows XP] 256MB or above/512MB recommended
HDD: 1700MB
graphics board: one that can display 65k colors at 800x600 resolution (16.7 million recommended)
VGA: AGP board recommended
CD-ROM: double-speed or higher (quad-speed recommended)
Sound: DirectSound capable that can reproduce PCM
DirectX: DirectX 5.0 or above
Movie: DirectX 7.0 or Windows Media Player 6.4 or above

Zephronite 2004-03-31 03:02

I can't believe it... a DVD-ROM, delayed releases and still no voice?
Ack...

dont 2004-03-31 06:25

finish time(true end) :about 60~80 hours

not only a school love story,but have a mulit story line in"fantasy world"

bluemist 2004-03-31 08:21

Quote:

Noooo!

Well that's life... I'd better start learning Japanese instead of whining over here.

rayearth 2004-03-31 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemist
Well that's life... I'd better start learning Japanese instead of whining over here.

I take it that comment is referring to Clannad not having voice right? What I don't understand is with or without voice, if you don't know Japanese, what difference would it make? Well, maybe with voice you might be able to recognise a few phrases/words here and there, but as a whole, you'd still be completely lost.

zalas 2004-04-01 03:20

Quote:

I take it that comment is referring to Clannad not having voice right? What I don't understand is with or without voice, if you don't know Japanese, what difference would it make? Well, maybe with voice you might be able to recognise a few phrases/words here and there, but as a whole, you'd still be completely lost.

Voices do help if someone's just starting Japanese or isn't very good with Kanji. It essentially serves the purpose of pronunciation furigana in these games, since these games usually don't have furigana, except when used for double meanings, etc.

rayearth 2004-04-01 04:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by zalas
Voices do help if someone's just starting Japanese or isn't very good with Kanji. It essentially serves the purpose of pronunciation furigana in these games, since these games usually don't have furigana, except when used for double meanings, etc.

Not being very good at kanji I can understand, but just starting Japanese? I guess it depends on your measure of "just starting". You still have to know a handful of words and some basic gramma for things to make sense.

From his original comment "start learning Japanese instead of whining", I take it he knows little to none at all, hence the "no difference" conclusion.

Anyway, getting back on topic (somewhat), Key just announced the AIR movie, either it being an April's Fool or not is another question:

http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/movie/air_movie.htm

bluemist 2004-04-01 04:56

Quote:

Yes that's the way I'm doing so far, recognizing some sentences through voice.

I wouldn't say I'm totally lost, there's stuff called game walkthroughs around. Also, I watch the anime equivalent first (if available), so I have a general idea of what's happening.

zalas 2004-04-01 10:09

Quote:

Anyway, getting back on topic (somewhat), Key just announced the AIR movie, either it being an April's Fool or not is another question:

http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/movie/air_movie.htm

Well I hope it's true! Maybe this topic should be changed to OMFG Clannad and AIR Movie! or OMFG Key Rocks! hehe. If it is as it says, it's coming out this Fall. And assuming nothing becomes vaporware, that's like a double smash hit of AIR and Beyond the Cloud. :)

EDIT: The key website is being very sluggish for me. Perhaps now it's getting the moonphase effect (well, whatever Japanese game equivalent of slashdot :)). So either this is true, or there's gonna be a lot of pissed off fans :)

kj1980 2004-04-01 15:01

The director, Dezaki Osamu blurted out in his online diary:

"dang, the art concept of Itaru-san's characters in AIR is very difficult for me"

several weeks ago, so there is much presumption that this is true and not an April Fool's joke. That and it was on MOON PHASE for quite sometime

Mr_Paper 2004-04-01 15:42

I sincerely hope it isn't a joke. :heh:

It's one of those few things I look forward to. Maybe before the movie and
Clannad come out I should completely finish AIR...

I'm only missing a few graphics and endings...
I wonder how many hours it would take me to get them all...

I believe I still hold a record of some kind in that it took me the better part of a
week and a half to get my first ending in AIR (playing about 2 hours a day). :heh:

Leo_Otaku 2004-04-04 00:15

Yeah it is old LOL but thats ok. Yes KEY does RULE ^-^ I want to get it now LOL I can't wait to get it. I will wait to get it when I go to japan because the shipping will be a *bleep*. I so want to see this AIR movie last year their was rumors of an anime.

Back to Clannad, is their somthing to do with animals and stuff because I have seen some of the girls with animal ears and tails such as a fox, cat and bunny. And what is that CUTE little boar/pigs name???? It must be a food Piroshiki, Potato and??? LOL well you guys can see the clannad opening on www.freetype.net it looks CUTE. Gota love KEY :)

Leo_Otaku 2004-04-11 20:30

Anyone know the release date of the movie?