AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Clannad (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Character discussion - Kotomi (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=56910)

Skyfall 2007-10-27 02:08

Character discussion - Kotomi

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Kotomi related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Clannad fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter / game talk, there are other threads for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

boggart 2007-10-27 02:12

"hate"... "kotomi must die"... XD... jk

How ironic that I should be the first to post in this thread... :p

Although I do recognise Kotomi's moe, it just seems a bit excessive for me! If it was toned down a bit with slightly of an edgier feel to her character, I might follow the masses, but as it is - I think I am missing what everyone likes so much about her. :heh:

z3phyr.mp3 2007-10-27 02:13

she's an interesting character...
i can't wait til more is revealed about her...
her silent nature gives an aura of mystery that just begs to get uncovered...

+blue-haired, quiet, smart bookworm voiced by noto mamiko = win

edit: ek.. beaten by 1 minute for the first post...

Mirrinus 2007-10-27 03:16

The kneel-scoot scene + astrophysics = incredible moe-ness. And I almost never even use the word moe to describe anyone in the first place, so this is a big deal, coming from me...

Kang Seung Jae 2007-10-27 03:33

Reasons why Kotomi is moe:

1. Cute as Heaven

2. Dreamy and mysterious

3. Bookworm

4. Violin Player

5. Free and delicious lunch

私は ことみを 愛している.

I LOVE Kotomi.

dgreater1 2007-10-27 05:00

Look at my avatar... Do something bad to her... I'll rain you with nonsensical lines :heh:

Kang Seung Jae 2007-10-27 05:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgreater1 (Post 1222879)
Look at my avatar... Do something bad to her... I'll rain you with nonsensical lines :heh:

And I'll rain a hailstorm of bullets from my Daewoo K-2.

Shiroth 2007-10-27 05:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggart (Post 1222711)
How ironic that I should be the first to post in this thread... :p

It should have been me. :p

So far we know that Kotomi is a genius girl who ranks in the top ten in every subject in the national exams (yes i did take this from episode two). Maybe it's thanks to this that Kotomi is a little on the 'slow' side, though she makes it up for being cute as a button... REMEMBER: A knee turn, followed by a pat pat --- that's my Kotomi, and her lovely knees.

Apart from that, she's just lovely --- and i can't wait to see more of her.

kct 2007-10-27 07:13

She's...just, I don't know, I can't describe her with mere words with that attitude of hers. She needs some help in making friends, that's all.

Kang Seung Jae: On another note, do you go by the name of 'Fantasy Writer' in some Negima forums or something?

Kang Seung Jae 2007-10-27 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct (Post 1222986)
Kang Seung Jae: On another note, do you go by the name of 'Fantasy Writer' in some Negia forums or something?

Yes. Wait, I think I remember you.....

X207 2007-10-27 08:15

i cant wait to see more air time for kotomi. the silent and mysterious characters are pretty cool imo.

Takuto19 2007-10-27 08:46

Definently an interesting character, Kotomi's great, one of those characters you just see and instantly want to give her a hug heh, looking forward to seeing more of her in the coming episode, hope she joins the theater club hehe.

FireChick 2007-10-27 10:26

Kotomin reminds me of...well, me! I dunno why, she just does. I really like her (not as much as Nagisa though). If only I had her IQ and I would be better in math! Sorry about that. Doesn't she look like Ryoko from Suzumiya Haruhi a little bit?

toxic_trance 2007-10-27 11:15

THIS IS SO UNFAIR...BECAUSE OF THE DAMN TIME DIFFERENCE I GET TO POST SO LATE :frustrated:

Neway...Hail the Goddess of Moeness...

Kotomi-chan..next time a 360 degree turn please :love:

Shiroth 2007-10-27 12:56

I posted this in the episode four thread, though i believe it also belongs here. <3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ama/Kotomi.gif

Takuto19 2007-10-27 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 1223457)
I posted this in the episode four thread, though i believe it also belongs here. <3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ama/Kotomi.gif

Wow, it's like one of those pictures that you see and have trouble looking away from heh, so cute.

X207 2007-10-27 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireChick (Post 1223260)
Kotomin reminds me of...well, me! I dunno why, she just does. I really like her (not as much as Nagisa though). If only I had her IQ and I would be better in math! Sorry about that. Doesn't she look like Ryoko from Suzumiya Haruhi a little bit?

indeed she does, only her hair is much shorter.

Grey 2007-10-27 17:18

Hmmm. Character creation. Eccentric genius template. Add stymied social skills. Possible primary [environmental] cause of stymying: lack of socialization during earlier years. A lack of intellectual peers was one likely problem to the socialization process; furthermore, her superior intellect likely (and apparently) resulted in non-standard educational procedures, meaning no required socialization with individuals who were not her intellectual equal.

Interestingly, Kotomi doesn't seem disinterested in social contact (at least, not from how she reacts to Tomoya). But her conversation is unusual. I wonder how much she intentionally restricts her own inclinations to speak due to her realization that any subject matters she'd be interested in speaking about would be far beyond the understanding of anyone she spoke to. Of course, this possibility doesn't jive with her asking whether Tomoya wanted to read with her (she doesn't realize he'd never be able to follow?). But maybe she was just trying to find an excuse to continue social contact (even it was not with an intellectual peer). Hence, she resorted to the two actions that were available and with which she was familiar with: reading, and eating lunch :).

iamandragon 2007-10-28 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by X207 (Post 1223758)
indeed she does, only her hair is much shorter.

Isn't it because she tied up her hair?

X207 2007-10-28 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamandragon (Post 1224781)
Isn't it because she tied up her hair?

it doesnt make any difference. Asakura's is still longer as it reaches her hips, Kotomi's hair doesnt reach the hips.
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3481/ryoko60zx9.th.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5550/kotomi2pr7.th.jpg