AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Higurashi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Higurashi Kai Episode 1 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=50415)

xris 2007-07-05 03:01

Higurashi Kai Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi (second series), Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

herbert 2007-07-05 03:03

It is time. I almost forgot. Its just time for Rena strike back. More blood please.

Daniel E. 2007-07-05 03:17

The killer lolis are back, Yaaay! :D

Still haven't checked the promo, and I am pretty much in the dark about everything else; But boy, have I been wishing for this show to start. :)

johnishida 2007-07-05 06:02

I just checked the promo which, by the way, it would fit a Hollywood Movie Promo perfectly!

The promo also stated which chapter it will follow. Can't wait!

Ultima_Rasengan05 2007-07-05 07:05

wow I almost forgot that this week is the premiere of the second season!!
I'm still watching the first season, but I guess I'll skip on to this one...or maybe I should just catch up with the first season...hhmmm
But I'll be looking forward to watching this first episode though.:D

Garet Linegod 2007-07-05 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 (Post 1027016)
I'm still watching the first season, but I guess I'll skip on to this one...or maybe I should just catch up with the first season...hhmmm

I strongly suggest you finish the first season first, otherwise it could get a little confusing later on. :)

It's finally going to start tomorrow, looking very much forward to it. One thing I definitely hope they can improve on is the music department, as the horror music simply doesn't fit in the final two chapters (just as it didn't fit in the climax scene in the last episode of first series). ;)

Klashikari 2007-07-05 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 (Post 1027016)

i agree with garet on this matter : you should definitely finish season 1 first.
not only it will be confusing, but it will also ruin your "experience", and somes "answers" in season 2 won't always affect you. (since you probably won't have every questions in mind)

geh... gotta stalk the usual "raw haven" :heh:

Ultima_Rasengan05 2007-07-05 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 1027066)
i agree with garet on this matter : you should definitely finish season 1 first.
not only it will be confusing, but it will also ruin your "experience", and somes "answers" in season 2 won't always affect you. (since you probably won't have every questions in mind)

geh... gotta stalk the usual "raw haven" :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garet Linegod (Post 1027061)
I strongly suggest you finish the first season first, otherwise it could get a little confusing later on. :)

It's finally going to start tomorrow, looking very much forward to it. One thing I definitely hope they can improve on is the music department, as the horror music simply doesn't fit in the final two chapters (just as it didn't fit in the climax scene in the last episode of first series). ;)

OK, thanks for the advice then guys...I guess I won't be checking out episode 1 of season 2 of Higurashi anytime soon then...thanks though for the advice.:)

Sinestra 2007-07-05 07:51

Bring on the blood please i dont have a creepy violent death pshychological thriller series im watching at the moment and Higurashi could fill that void quite well.

kingsky123 2007-07-05 08:40

huh? its out already?i thought monday..

Garet Linegod 2007-07-05 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinestra (Post 1027080)
Bring on the blood please i dont have a creepy violent death pshychological thriller series im watching at the moment and Higurashi could fill that void quite well.

Many (non-japanese) people seems to have the wrong idea that Higurashi no Naku koro ni is all about blood and pyscho murder horror. It's true that they're some of the elements which made Higurashi stand out, but they are not really the main focus of the series.

So for those who are watching this simply for the body-torning and blood-gashing scenes, you might be a little disappointed in the second series. :heh:

(Though I wouldn't know about the first arc, since it's an anime-original chapter. Who knows, you might be able to see Rena dicing and slicing bodies again. :D)

KaneDragon 2007-07-05 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggplant (Post 1009122)
Just returned from today's Frontier Works event featuring a screening of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1.

Spoiler for "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai and Episode 1:

Looks like blood has to wait for another day. :p

MrZombie 2007-07-05 10:55

I can not wait.

kingsky123 2007-07-05 11:52

i dont think anyone who posts here can wait =P

Sinestra 2007-07-05 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsky123 (Post 1027484)
i dont think anyone who posts here can wait =P

If anyone says patience is a virture im going to go Rena on them:D

Miko Miko 2007-07-05 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinestra;
If anyone says patience is a virture im going to go Rena on them:D

patience is a virtue (ill go Shion on you, Rena)
^^ Not really.
I Can't Wait Either!! :D it airs Tomorrow! :D :D :D :D

harukamae 2007-07-05 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garet Linegod (Post 1027228)
Many (non-japanese) people seems to have the wrong idea that Higurashi no Naku koro ni is all about blood and pyscho murder horror. It's true that they're some of the elements which made Higurashi stand out, but they are not really the main focus of the series.

So for those who are watching this simply for the body-torning and blood-gashing scenes, you might be a little disappointed in the second series. :heh:

(Though I wouldn't know about the first arc, since it's an anime-original chapter. Who knows, you might be able to see Rena dicing and slicing bodies again. :D)

I agree with you on that (for me, it's all about the mystery), but I'm interested to hear what you believe is the main focus or appeal of Higurashi? (Just curious!)

Xel 2007-07-05 12:46

Sweet.

I've been very careful to avoid any spoilers, haven't even watched the trailer. I can't believe it's finally here!

In the first episode, I'm really looking foward to the improved animation quality and seeing the new opening and ending.

Garet Linegod 2007-07-05 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by harukamae (Post 1027531)
I agree with you on that (for me, it's all about the mystery), but I'm interested to hear what you believe is the main focus or appeal of Higurashi? (Just curious!)

Like you said, I believe the main focus of it is all about mysteries as well, but it stands out by posing questions which are different from other conventional mystery ones (e.g. who's the murderer, how he/she did it etc) for you to solve. Won't go into them too much since they're all spoilers, but I found them very unique. Finding answers to these questions are probably what most viewers find themselves do while watching the series.

Ice Climbers 2007-07-05 13:26

YES IT'S FINALLY OUT, I CANT WAIT TO HEAR THE OP (liked it in the trailer) :heh:

Expecting another great season ;)

Rasuberi 2007-07-05 14:23

Just watched the opening. :O I wanna watch it over and over already! XO Now to see the actual episode, haha. 

Miko Miko 2007-07-05 14:35

i really want the RAW too, even if i can't "Understand" it.
xD i cant wait i am listening to the opening! :D

Rasuberi 2007-07-05 14:41

Haha someone already uploaded the OP in reverse. XD I wish I lived in Japan, as I usually wish. I could have seen the whole episode already!

EDもゲットだぜ!

Haha the ending was nice too. Though as some people commented, a bit yuri-feeling.

Enerccio 2007-07-05 14:47

Opening is cool!!!!!

HANYUUUUUUUUUU

Man I want raws... really fast... or I might kill someone....:upset::upset::eyespin::eyespin:

Sushi-Y 2007-07-05 15:08

The OP was really nice, I loved the transition from the quietness to the full-speed chorus. Rika's desperate dash matched the image of the song excellently as well.

I loled at how the comments on the niconico video are filled with people who are skipping school and work. That and it's swamped with english comments (now there's going to be a billion 外人自重 (restrain yourselve gaijin) comments...)

edit: the tags are getting funny, 外人も熱狂 (gaijins are wild over this too) :heh:

If only I didn't have to work today...

Rasuberi 2007-07-05 15:16

They finally put out part 1 of the episode on niconico. >__<; Imma die! いや、もう死んだ! And soon I'm supposed to have a mini phone lesson with the college I'm learning Japanese at this year. =__=;;; Need to watch quickly!

Shinndou 2007-07-05 15:28

The first part is stuck at 00:54, lol. Everybody in the comment box is whining about it, haha.

Enerccio 2007-07-05 15:32

Yeah I saw that... DAMMMIT!:mad::upset::frustrated::upset:

Rasuberi 2007-07-05 15:34

Here we go.

Enerccio 2007-07-05 15:36

I really hope this one works... thank you sooo much...

LuckyCat 2007-07-05 16:17

So Akasaka Mamoru is back with a vengeance, eh?

also
Spoiler for Rena 30 years later:

Sushi-Y 2007-07-05 16:25

Done watching first episode.

Content wise, the first part was practically the animated equivalent of the TIP "Demon's Script", which came after the end of Tsumihoroboshi-hen. Hence, as of this point, we can say that the first episode takes place in the Tsumihoroboshi-hen world (30 years later).

The only difference came after the CM, where the adult Rena (43~44歳にしてはすげえ美人じゃない?) made an appearance. Rena's accounts are mostly hole-fillers for the stuff they missed out on Tsumihoroboshi-hen in the first season.

Overall, this episode did well to shift the focus onto Rika. The "truth" hasn't been revealed yet, and I don't think it will until Minagoroshi-hen. For those of us who already know everything, it's a little hard to not "slip up" and start spoiling things. But for those people who are still in the dark, they're in for an amazing ride.

Nothing too surprising, but the sakuga quality is super good. Good to see the "dead fish eye" is still around too /sarcasm. :heh:

*Goes to check amazon for the OP single CD*

Rasuberi 2007-07-05 16:26

Spoiler:

Katsu Koneko 2007-07-05 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiosai (Post 1027892)
So Akasaka Mamoru is back with a vengeance, eh?

also
Spoiler for Rena 3 years later:

So is that
Spoiler for Picture:

Kanon 2007-07-05 16:37

The new opening is really nice, I already love that song :love:

I'll wait for subs to watch the episode, the wait is going to be hard, especially after seeing that pic of Rena (she looks hot ! )

LuckyCat 2007-07-05 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko (Post 1027916)
So is that
Spoiler for Picture:

Yes, he's asking her about what happened to her when she went nuts in the last story of the first season.

Katsu Koneko 2007-07-05 16:44

Ah, thanks so much. ^^

I loved the new opening too~ Although I have yet to watch the video of it instead of just music.

Sushi-Y 2007-07-05 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon_ (Post 1027934)
(she looks hot ! )

Note: 43 years old :heh:

Klashikari 2007-07-05 17:02

Shiosai? can you (or anyone else) confirm it is really 3 years later?
i think i heard 30 (well, 3 looks really too low, especially how everyone were much older than before oO. and there are numerous amount of random comments, trying to guess her age within 40 years old range (38, 40, 46, etc) :heh:)

EDIT : oh well, sushi confirmed my thoughts.
but wait... since they tell she is 43, do they specify how many years it has been passed between the disaster and the "present"? it might answer to the big mystery : how old are the main characters? *_*
Or the 43 is an estimated age too? (well, i would hardly buy the fact Rena was 13 during tsumi heh...)

well then, superficial thoughts :
  • The OP is, IMO, fantastic : i loved how the scenes switched on the pace of the song. Lots of powerful scenes to say the least.
  • Something thrown directly at our faces : the details of the Background, and facial expressions. It is really hard to believe that Season 1 and 2 were done by the same studio
  • Extremely Dialogue heavy, the mood itself is pretty much what i was expecting, and fits well the Demon Script TIPS. (do they explain how Rena survived?)
  • The camera angles were, just like in season 1, really effective. Most of the scenes involving adult Rena are well portrayed to me.
  • The seiyuu have made a nice work on their voices. Ooishi has REALLY subtle tones of a grandpa, though he wasn't especially too rough. Rena is very different from her usual self, and gives a lot of sorrow vibes. However, i didn't really catch lots of "old man" tones in Akasaka's voice. might try to watch again Himatsubushi ~~
  • the ED was peaceful and really calm. Lots of powerful scenes once again ^___^
The start looks promising, i'm waiting for the subs, not without uneasiness though ^^"

and, final note of course : Rena is damn sexy :love:

Kanon 2007-07-05 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushi-Y (Post 1027957)

43 years old is fine too, especially since she looks like she's 25 :heh:

I can't remember any other character looking that good in the previous season, did they change the chara design?