AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Cool main character anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=59094)

wrappedinplastiq 2007-12-08 00:07

Cool main character anime

ok, so this is the deal. there is a particular in the kind of anime that I am looking for. I would really like to find one with a cool, cute main character (he HAS to be a guy though...I dont like anime girls much (except utena, Oscar (from rose of versailles), and Claire (claymore) but they are all guy like so...)

Aside from a hot guy, he has to have a lot of angst in his life. antihero is cool cause they usually have baggage, or he has to go through a lot of suffering, either physical or mental...or both yould be better!! (yeah...im sick)

It should be action anime. It would be a big plus if he was really strong! Like hidden powers he unlocks over time, or maybe hes really powerful from the start.

other perks would be if he has a really good looking enemy, who is bent on destroying him/obsessing over him (like Creed in Black Cat)

Vampires would be cool too...but I dont think there are any vampire anime I havent seen...

Anyway, it doesnt have to have all of those things, but a few would be cool!!

some series I enjoyed in the past have been
Rurouni Kenshin
Hellsing /Hellsing Ultimate
Bleach
Naruto
D gray man
Black Cat
Vampire hunter D
Full metal alchemist
Berserk
angel sanctuary
Code Gease
claymore
Descendants of Darkness
Zombie Loan
trinity blood

Deus ex Digital Boy 2007-12-08 00:21

Hmm... I'm not sure if you'll be able to tolerate it, but I'm going to suggest you go watch Texhnolyze anyway. The main character gets his arm and leg cut off within the first ep, and he has even more baggage beyond that, but he's still a fucking tank (and a boxing champ) show might be too slow and too WTF for you, but give it a shot anyway.

C.A. 2007-12-08 00:38

You should watch Gurren Lagann.

Frans 2007-12-08 00:39

GunGrave... but the main character isn't strong from the start... actually, the first half is mostly character building and drama... the second half is very much an action anime.

aka Providence 2007-12-08 01:43

I suggest Darker Than Black; the main character has a past (don't we all do?) but I'm not sure if it qualifies as angst.

tbl 2007-12-08 02:04

Trigun - Vash. Don't let the beginning full you, he's a very similar character to Kenshin.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Kyon
Kaze no Stigma
Gundam Wing - Heero Yuy
Death Note - Light
Area 88 - Shin Kazama
Bleach - Ichigo
Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny - Kira. Arguable, but he does have his moments, especially in Destiny.
Tokko - Ranmaru Shindo
Gantz - Kei Kurono. The manga is so much better, The anime ended before Kei really became awesome, though he did have his moments, also he wasn't as much of a pervert in the manga, in the beginning like the anime. In the manga he really does go from emo bitch looser to hero everyone looks up to.
Full Metal Panic - Sousuke Sagara. He's awesomeness in combat makes up for his awkwardness.
Gurren Lagann - Simon and Kamina
Spiral - Narumi Ayumu
Darker than Black - Hei
Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto - Akitsuki
Devil May Cry - Dante
Gankutsuou - The Count
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni - Keiichi (especially Kai)
Sōkyū no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Kazuki Makabe
Kanon 06 - Yuichi
Clannad - Tomoya

blewin 2007-12-09 04:10

I second Darker than Black, Trigun (similar to Kenshin) and FMP.

others include: Getbackers (Gin), Inuyasha, Hunter x Hunter (Kurapica), Zegapain (Kyo - cool? I suppose, but definitely a painful past that he doesn't even remember).

UltimaWolf 2007-12-09 04:54

Hmmm Saiga(main guy) from Speed Grapher is sorta a antihero, he isn't really angst but he has a really messed up life(and it gets worse) gets strong(power-wise) and has a guy that wants to kill him Suitengu. Its a mature action anime.