AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Witchcraft Works [anime] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=116037)

EagleBlue 2012-11-05 06:52

Witchcraft Works [anime]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nga-gets-anime

Can't find more information like the staff or cast so probably they'll announce them in a month or a couple of months.

I'm pretty excited that it's getting an anime.

mangamuscle 2012-11-05 09:08

WOW! *pinches cheek* WOW. I never saw that coming, this is a true rarity considering japanese society, not because the male lead is your average useless male™, but because the female lead is a strong silent type that overpowers the male lead in just about everything; this is a story with a true role reversal, where the guy takes the role of the damsel in distress and our female lead is the cool hero that beats the bad guys to a pulp.

Cosmic Eagle 2012-11-05 09:16

Didn't expect this to get an anime....

MisaoFan 2012-11-05 09:32

Synopsis looks interesting. The artstyle looks uniquely stunning that reminds me of Durarara!!, so I'll give it a try.

leokiko 2012-11-05 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogon_bat (Post 4426701)
WOW! *pinches cheek* WOW. I never saw that coming, this is a true rarity considering japanese society, not because the male lead is your average useless male™, but because the female lead is a strong silent type that overpowers the male lead in just about everything; this is a story with a true role reversal, where the guy takes the role of the damsel in distress and our female lead is the cool hero that beats the bad guys to a pulp.

^isn't this normal these days? lol.

mangamuscle 2012-11-05 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by leokiko (Post 4426910)
^isn't this normal these days? lol.

The average useless male™ ends up becoming pretty badass or at the very least somehow useful, but so far in the manga run this has yet to happen, so unless the anime heavily tinkers with the plot it would be no different.

Lenneth4 2012-11-05 14:50

Look stylished
will see it

nice to see for change a older female lead protecting a hero

mangamuscle 2012-11-05 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenneth4 (Post 4426986)
nice to see for change a older female lead protecting a hero

They are the same age, but she is taller than him (and everyone else, except her own mother).

seiftis 2012-11-05 17:08

Quote:

^ Just what I'm seeking in anime. Nice.

Richocet 2012-11-05 19:14

Wow, I'm surprised and happy that this got an anime
Wonder when its due for, considering there are like 16 scanalated chaps out (dunno about the raws)

Nachtwandler 2012-11-05 21:00

4th volume of manga would come this month. Still. It's enough for 12 eps... probably

orion 2012-11-05 23:07

Quote:

Well, there is prob is a reason for having an overpowered protector like "awakened powers spell disaster to the world" or "future savior of the world, therefore must protect". If the manga is aimed at guys, then this guy isn't going to stay useless.

Master Assassin 2012-11-07 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4426708)
Didn't expect this to get an anime....

Yep, unexpected much.

I for one will be looking forward to the anime design and see whether it's a yay or nay. The manga's design kind of puts me off a bit, but eh it's OK. :heh:

Cosmic Eagle 2012-11-07 11:25

Ehh....the manga artwork isn't something extra-special but it's something I'm neutral towards.

Endscape 2012-11-07 12:36

I'm really surprised, I didn't expect this to be getting an anime. I'll be looking forward to it.

asaqe 2012-11-08 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion (Post 4427462)
Well, there is prob is a reason for having an overpowered protector like "awakened powers spell disaster to the world" or "future savior of the world, therefore must protect". If the manga is aimed at guys, then this guy isn't going to stay useless.

Um Date A Live? Normally in a Fantasia Bunko at some point there will be competing males with their own intentions. Shindou will have to deal with a male AST member (who rather than using power armor pilots a huge ass mecha) or some guy who does want to see the world burn.

Lenneth4 2012-11-08 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogon_bat (Post 4426999)
They are the same age, but she is taller than him (and everyone else, except her own mother).

ohhh !
Ok i was thinking he was way younger since he is smaller xd

Magin 2012-11-09 00:14

A first saw this in the manga thread... yeah, it's certainly out of left field, but it should be interesting. Actually, a big appeal to this is the fact of just how hilarious half the stuff is in the manga (and the big explosions when certain people go overboard....), and it's not just the gender reversal part either.

Solace 2012-11-09 02:20

I love the artwork for this story, it's insanely detailed. I can see why people might not like it though. The plot (for the few chapters that exist) is pretty interesting, and the role reversal is well done, as is the humor. Reminds me of Beezlebub sometimes with the randomness and absurdity.

I look forward to it. Now someone announce Assassination Classroom, dangit! :D

Insane 2012-11-09 06:23

Just read the manga until chap 2. Man, the heroine is very epic. She's so damn strong with capacity to kick the living crap outta anything. This is the heroine i'll be rooting for (I get tired seeing weak/non-action heroines in anime).