AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   DJ Max Technika Tune (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111736)

RRW 2012-04-16 19:53

DJ Max Technika Tune

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
http://www.bemanistyle.com/forum/con...S-Vita-teasers

RRW 2012-04-17 06:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayos (Post 4111850)
*scratches head*

What about the portable series? The one that made DJMAX popular?

this is that successor

TnAdct1 2012-04-17 16:20

I have one word to say about this: FINALLY!!!

I've played the arcade version that this game is based on at Magfest this past January, and when I heard that the game was coming to the PS Vita, I became anxious for more news about the game (especially since the Vita is region free).

Reading the press release (via Google Translate), expect a release of this game in Korea, Japan, and North America.

marvelB 2012-04-18 11:08

^Well, who knows. Maybe Vita Technika will have an option for button-based gameplay, as well....

That being said, I'm looking forward to this, myself. I love me some DJmax. It's just too bad that I kind of suck at any difficulty beyond the 5-button modes. I'm also hoping that some of the Clazziquai songs will make it to this edition, as well....

TnAdct1 2012-04-18 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayos (Post 4113305)
Technika can't be Portable successor; Technika (1,2, and 3) was mainly arcade. Not to mention Portable (DJMP3 and Hot Tunes) was still being released after Technika.

I can't help but feel a bit disappointed if I don't get my 6B mode. Touch screen is cool and all but I still prefer buttons mashing.

As someone who's played the Technika arcade game, there's a good reason why this is considered the Portable successor.

Technika has always been a "touch screen" game when it was released in arcades. Because of that, this type of game would never have worked on the PSP. With the PS Vita (the successor to the PSP) now available, Technika can now be released in portable form (with it more likely being released on one of the "higher" capacity Vita cards to ensure as much songs from the arcade as possible).

RRW 2012-04-23 16:28

apparently it Summer 2012 in USA

marvelB 2012-04-24 09:43

^Yep, I can confirm that. ;)

BTW, I also hope that Technika Tune also remixes Light House and includes the RD version of Taekwonburi (2 of the greatest, yet least appreciated DJmax tunes ever!).

RRW 2012-06-26 04:10

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

marvelB 2012-06-26 09:43

^Saw that trailer earlier this morning. Lovin' that there theme song! :)

Anyways, I know that since this game is based on the arcade titles it means that the controls will be primarily touch screen-based, but I'm still really kind of hoping that there's an optional mode that retains the Beatmania-style gameplay of the PSP/PC titles.....

But hey, speaking of Bemani and touch screens, I wonder if this means that Konami will eventually port some of their touch rhythm games to the Vita (like Jubeat or Reflec Beat)....?

RRW 2012-08-02 16:29

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Frailty 2012-08-02 19:38

I'm loving those new songs.
but isn't the Vita's screen too small for a game like Technika?

wouldn't it have worked better if they used a different handheld like an iPad?

marvelB 2012-08-18 09:44

Anyone seen this yet?

RRW 2012-09-24 14:28

http://i.minus.com/ibqb3hjbtSV774.png

TnAdct1 2012-09-24 16:54

The US version of the game is available for pre-order at www.technikatune.com.

There's two versions of the game being released: the $50 standard version, and a $100 limited edition version (limited to 750 copies).

JohnNiles 2012-09-24 20:28

@RRW: Thanks for the tracklist.

So, I sat on the website until noon when the countdown ended, and nothing happened for the next hour. Went to work assuming I could order it from an online retailer, then when I came home, I realized the game was only being sold on the official site. I think I managed to get the limited version (it went through and everything), but being at least 5 hours behind sure didn't help. Thanks a lot, worthless countdown.

Klashikari 2012-09-24 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnAdct1 (Post 4367339)
The US version of the game is available for pre-order at www.technikatune.com.

There's two versions of the game being released: the $50 standard version, and a $100 limited edition version (limited to 750 copies).

They sure don't want non US money it seems... well should I say, rather too greedy: shipping cost for a EU resident is an absolutely abnormal $118. Yes, I didn't add a number, it is far too ridiculous and even manage to be more expensive than the game in its premium form.

I sure wish Europe wasn't such a hell hole for everything related to entertainment and all.

JohnNiles 2012-09-24 20:43

@Klashikari: Yeah, there are comments on the site complaining about that, people deciding to import from Korea instead. I couldn't even look directly at the more expensive shipping options, I just went for US Ground and got out of there.

For what it's worth, the limited edition run of 750 copies is now sold out. I'd say I was no more than an hour away from being shut out (not that I would stay at work that long).

marvelB 2012-09-26 10:02

BTW, has it been confirmed that this game will be getting DLC songs? Most rhythm games nowadays have that feature anyways (like Tap Sonic, which coincidentally is ALSO made by the DJmax team).

Actually, speaking of Tap Sonic, I really wish this game played more like THAT rather than adopting the Technika style. I mean, if they're gonna go with touch gameplay anyway, I'd rather it be based on the PSP titles that I'm so much more familiar with (even if I tend to suck at any button mode beyond 5 buttons :p).....

Frailty 2012-09-26 10:29

^well, Android phones will be getting a DJMAX game if that's what you're looking for

EDIT:
I was wrong, it was for the iOS, not for Android lol

RRW 2012-09-26 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 4369630)
BTW, has it been confirmed that this game will be getting DLC songs? Most rhythm games nowadays have that feature anyways (like Tap Sonic, which coincidentally is ALSO made by the DJmax team).

Actually, speaking of Tap Sonic, I really wish this game played more like THAT rather than adopting the Technika style. I mean, if they're gonna go with touch gameplay anyway, I'd rather it be based on the PSP titles that I'm so much more familiar with (even if I tend to suck at any button mode beyond 5 buttons :p).....

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/28...h-tons-of-dlc/